P365 XL RX- with factory installed Romeo Zero red dot - Page 2

P365 XL RX- with factory installed Romeo Zero red dot

This is a discussion on P365 XL RX- with factory installed Romeo Zero red dot within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Dang. Just when I thought I was safe, out comes another "must have". Oh, well. Looks like I have a month or so to dream ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: P365 XL RX- with factory installed Romeo Zero red dot

Dang.

Just when I thought I was safe, out comes another "must have".

Oh, well. Looks like I have a month or so to dream up an explanation why I "need" this.

Armed And Harmless
    ----
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

Quote Originally Posted by Big Western View Post
    I saw a few comments on the INNER'netz indicating these are already available in gun shops.
    PSA has them
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/sig-...tm_campaign=cl
    Big Western likes this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

mminsc The Romeo zero is a shield dot product like the others but current contracts keep from stating so . Like underwood and other can't used the Gold Dot name even though they use the bullet . The Romeo 1 at least a sigs design made in the philippine's buy a company that covers other brands like I-tac in china makes sig scopes and other brands , or did . What a game it is today . Farm it out to some one else , the American way .
    MMinSC likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

First reports I'm reading on the Zero's is not very encouraging. Which, while disappointing, is not a shock considering the Romeo 1's track record. Hoping Trijicon starts making a slimmer optic for these micro pistols. There are some rumors about that, so keeping my fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by jejb View Post
    First reports I'm reading on the Zero's is not very encouraging. Which, while disappointing, is not a shock considering the Romeo 1's track record. Hoping Trijicon starts making a slimmer optic for these micro pistols. There are some rumors about that, so keeping my fingers crossed.
    Can you link to some of the negatives you have read? I am interested in this sight and there has not been much about it yet. SigTalk mostly has guys waiting for one. TTAG had a positive review as well as TFB, but haven't seen much from owners yet.
    Big Western likes this.

In the context of what it is, an inexpensive polymer micro red dot optic, it's probably better than its two competitors the shield and the jpoint, based on features alone. Comparing it to slightly larger, or metal, or more expensive optics seems like a guarantee of disappointment, and an unfair comparison.

I like my Aimpoints and Trijis, but they cost triple the money! :-)
    MMinSC likes this.
    "If you're in a gunfight there's no such thing as enough ammo, and your gunfight will only last as long as your ammo." - Clint Smith

"There are only two times you can carry too much ammo, when you're drowning or on fire."
    - Mike Hughes of Gunsite

Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    Can you link to some of the negatives you have read? I am interested in this sight and there has not been much about it yet. SigTalk mostly has guys waiting for one. TTAG had a positive review as well as TFB, but haven't seen much from owners yet.
    I was thinking the same thing, what first reports? Links are needed.
    MMinSC likes this.
    "If you're in a gunfight there's no such thing as enough ammo, and your gunfight will only last as long as your ammo." - Clint Smith

"There are only two times you can carry too much ammo, when you're drowning or on fire."
    - Mike Hughes of Gunsite

In the context of what it is, an inexpensive polymer micro red dot optic, it's probably better than its two competitors the shield and the jpoint, based on features alone. Comparing it to slightly larger, or metal, or more expensive optics seems like a guarantee of disappointment, and an unfair comparison.

I like my Aimpoints and Trijis, but they cost triple the money! :-)
    I am not sure it will be better than either the J-Point or Shield. Shield makes all three of them and they are a quality manufacturer. As for being polymer, the J-Point is also and has been around for years. We'll see. The price is great so I would be happy if they could even just come close to Shield quality.
    Big Western likes this.

I am not sure it will be better than either the J-Point or Shield. Shield makes all three of them and they are a quality manufacturer. As for being polymer, the J-Point is also and has been around for years. We'll see. The price is great so I would be happy if they could even just come close to Shield quality.
    I thought I read the zero has one or two features the Shield doesn't, something about brightness settings and auto On and Off. Perhaps I'm wrong.
    MMinSC likes this.

- Mike Hughes of Gunsite

I thought I read the zero has one or two features the Shield doesn't, something about brightness settings and auto On and Off. Perhaps I'm wrong.
    It has the auto on feature. I am not sure about other features though. I like the auto on feature on my Romeo1, but the "always on" with the J-Point would be fine with me also. The batteries last a long time either way.
    Big Western likes this.

Yep, over at SigTalk. Threads like this:
    https://sigtalk.com/p365/369242-sig-...ange-trip.html
    Start at post #69 on this one:
    https://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-optics...eo-zero-5.html

I know it's selling really cheap. But my aim for a red dot for my CCW is not for it to cheap, it's for it to be durable and hammer reliable.
    MMinSC likes this.

Yep, over at SigTalk. Threads like this:
    https://sigtalk.com/p365/369242-sig-...ange-trip.html
    Start at post #69 on this one:
    https://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-optics...eo-zero-5.html

I know it's selling really cheap. But my aim for a red dot for my CCW is not for it to cheap, it's for it to be durable and hammer reliable.
    I wish the Trijicon RMR was that reliable! All those issues with intermittent power because of the poorly designed battery socket drove us all nuts. It looks like after years of complaints Trijicon fixed it with the Type 2.

- Mike Hughes of Gunsite

I wish the Trijicon RMR was that reliable! All those issues with intermittent power because of the poorly designed battery socket drove us all nuts. It looks like after years of complaints Trijicon fixed it with the Type 2.
    Agreed, the RMR is a tough optic, but the type 1 had issues. And I don't appreciate having to pull the optic to change the battery on the RMR.

Maybe the Zero will prove itself over time. But a lot of the early reviews I'm seeing make it sound like something more suited for a Crossman BB pistol than a gun my life may depend on.
    Last edited by jejb; January 14th, 2020 at 09:36 AM. Reason: typo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links