P365 XL RX- with factory installed Romeo Zero red dot

This is a discussion on P365 XL RX- with factory installed Romeo Zero red dot within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It looks like some dealers are already taking pre orders for the coming P 365 XL RX (sku 365xl-9-bxr3-rxz) that has the romeo zero red ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: P365 XL RX- with factory installed Romeo Zero red dot

It looks like some dealers are already taking pre orders for the coming P 365 XL RX (sku 365xl-9-bxr3-rxz) that has the romeo zero red dot already installed. Dealers are saying they'll start shipping about the end of January. $679 for the whole package is an appealing price.

I may go to the dark side in 2020. Or I may not.

P365 XL RX- with factory installed Romeo Zero red dot-sigp365xlrx2.jpgP365 XL RX- with factory installed Romeo Zero red dot-sigp365xlrx.jpg
    flh, Old Man, CLASS3NH and 2 others like this.
    "If you're in a gunfight there's no such thing as enough ammo, and your gunfight will only last as long as your ammo." - Clint Smith

"There are only two times you can carry too much ammo, when you're drowning or on fire."
    - Mike Hughes of Gunsite

Should make a nice EDC for you . I believe the dot optic is made by Shield , sure has a lot in common with there standard model or the site they make for JP as in AR15's and used on the M&P shield and that new XD and even sccy now !

Some other than a gluck would be a great way to start off the next years !!

I already carry the p365, will be adding this to my carry rotation and run some matches with.
    5lima30ret, Old Man and gasmitty like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I saw a few comments on the INNER'netz indicating these are already available in gun shops.
    MMinSC likes this.
    "If you're in a gunfight there's no such thing as enough ammo, and your gunfight will only last as long as your ammo." - Clint Smith

"There are only two times you can carry too much ammo, when you're drowning or on fire."
    - Mike Hughes of Gunsite

Haven't seen these yet, but I'm sure they're on the horizon at the Store. Would be interesting to compare it to the Firecat with the Ret Dot on it...will keep you posted...
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Iím curious. I carry the 365ms version. Does the red dot come on automatically if you draw? Iíve never used something like this, so kinda curious, as I really like my 365s.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambler View Post
    Iím curious. I carry the 365ms version. Does the red dot come on automatically if you draw? Iíve never used something like this, so kinda curious, as I really like my 365s.
    Sig's web page says motion activated on-off. Also has eight brightness settings. https://www.sigsauer.com/store/romeo-zero-1x18mm.html
    MMinSC and Rambler like this.

- Mike Hughes of Gunsite

Quote Originally Posted by Big Western View Post
    Sig's web page says motion activated on-off. Also has eight brightness settings. https://www.sigsauer.com/store/romeo-zero-1x18mm.html
    That system works fine on my Romeo1. Pick it up and the dot is on. Romeo Zero should be even better since it is a few years newer.
    Big Western and bklynboy like this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

MMinsc So does Sheild Optics make the Romeo 1 also . Thought it was a china made product maybe holosun . Auto on and intensity is not new but some brands work better than others .
    MMinSC likes this.

Distinguished Member Array FLSlim's Avatar
    I like the P365 and I like red dots, so this is interesting. On the other hand, the XL is getting closer to the size of the P320x compact which could be an equally good choice. What to do, what to do.
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

I have the P320 XCompact and a p320c 40 that's been my edc for the last 5 years . The lighter weight of the XL is nice but the added weight of the p320's makes for a more controllable shooter . I'll wait for a Romeo 1 pro to come in and try I think . I rather have a 6moa even on the small pistol over a 3 or 4 moa dot for faster short range shooting and the larger lens too . I have a trijicon in a drawer so I might order trijicon p320 adaptor plate and just use a better optic . Now m&p has the new 2.0 CORE available in both a 4.25 and 5"with no limites to dot optic brands as sig has !! . My wifes has a fine updated m&p core with a venom 6moa on it .

Quote Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
    MMinsc So does Sheild Optics make the Romeo 1 also . Thought it was a china made product maybe holosun . Auto on and intensity is not new but some brands work better than others .
    hardluk1, I have no idea who makes the Romeo line for Sig. While looking into a J-Point, I read the history page on the Shield website. They mention the other brand names that Shield products were sold under, but no mention of the Romeo:

Since the original design in 1996, Shield continues to manufacture the worldís smallest, lightest, toughest mini red dot sight. Sold under other brand names for many years, you may know the Shield Mini Sight as the Firepoint, Tasco Optima, Trijicon RedDot or JPoint.

Based on our in-depth knowledge, accumulated through 30 years in the industry, we are continually seeking to develop innovative products that will enable you to hit the target early.

https://www.shieldpsd.com/
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

On the fence if I should get an XL. I love my regular P365 just fine and don't think the barrel length is worth it for me at this time with the money a changeover would do between gun, holster, etc.

I have a 365XL and really like it. I am planning on adding a Romeo Zero soon. My first pistol with a red dot was a p320 with the Romeo One. After an initial glitch from which I found that the battery cover was not tightened down with sufficient torque, the Romeo One has run flawlessly. With my old eyes, a red dot is a tremendous advantage!

VIP Member
    I've been very happy with my P365, but I have to admit the RDS option keeps tugging at my wallet. However, that Hellcat with the RDS option has also been growling at me. I think I'll sit this out for while until the Hellcat proves itself reliable and durable then make a decision which direction to take. I also do that when I get the urge to exercise. I sit down until the urge passes.
    MMinSC likes this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links