LCP II 22 lr - Page 4

LCP II 22 lr

This is a discussion on LCP II 22 lr within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 5lima30ret No reason to. That is what my rational mind tells me as well. For some reason I kinda like the idea ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree187Likes

Thread: LCP II 22 lr

Quote Originally Posted by 5lima30ret View Post
    No reason to.
    That is what my rational mind tells me as well. For some reason I kinda like the idea of the .22LR though. As others stated, a .32ACP option would be very tempting for me.
    5lima30ret likes this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

I have always had some what of a fascination for little guns like the NAA, Seecamp, LCP, etc. but, I do not want to carry one for a primary SD gun even though I still do at times because of extreme NPE's that I have to traverse at least until I retire.
    I think its a serious mistake to rely on unless you have to in a "better than nothing" scenario.
    .22 sucks for anything over squirrel size in my hunting experience. Sure, a rational person will stop what they are doing if being shot at and that is the problem for rational gun carriers is they forget that their mindset is based on that rationality.
    A lot of bad actors have zero resemblance to that rational thought process. You have to physically put them down and not rely on a psychological stop. A .22 will not physically put them down unless you have a miracle happen.
    Shot placement sound good and sounds rational but, shot placement is also the very hardest thing to achieve under stress with both moving,ducking and shooting all at once.
    Lets not kid ourselves into complacency here.

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    I have always had some what of a fascination for little guns like the NAA, Seecamp, LCP, etc. but, I do not want to carry one for a primary SD gun even though I still do at times because of extreme NPE's that I have to traverse at least until I retire.
    I think its a serious mistake to rely on unless you have to in a "better than nothing" scenario.
    .22 sucks for anything over squirrel size in my hunting experience. Sure, a rational person will stop what they are doing if being shot at and that is the problem for rational gun carriers is they forget that their mindset is based on that rationality.
    A lot of bad actors have zero resemblance to that rational thought process. You have to physically put them down and not rely on a psychological stop. A .22 will not physically put them down unless you have a miracle happen.
    Shot placement sound good and sounds rational but, shot placement is also the very hardest thing to achieve under stress with both moving,ducking and shooting all at once.
    Lets not kid ourselves into complacency here.

Worked in the Texas church shooting the other day. One shot and lights out. No it wasn't 22 but it was really good shot placement in about as high stress environment as you can get, all in a couple seconds.

I'm not advocating for 22 carry, I personally wouldn't do it. Just saying it's quite possible to place a well aimed shot in high stress situations.
    10thmtn likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    [/B]

Worked in the Texas church shooting the other day. One shot and lights out. No it wasn't 22 but it was really good shot placement in about as high stress environment as you can get, all in a couple seconds.

I'm not advocating for 22 carry, I personally wouldn't do it. Just saying it's quite possible to place a well aimed shot in high stress situations.
    Shooter(good guy) was not being attacked either. That is same as hunting when the prey doesn't know you are there you can place an accurate shot with a much smaller caliber and be successful. When that same game is charging you its a different matter altogether. I am not going to rely on being the hunter and not the hunted.

Distinguished Member Array CAS_Shooter's Avatar
    My wife is a testament as to one reason 22's are so prolific. Some say because they are cheap, but you can find 380 and 9mm just as cheap. It is all about the recoil, or lack thereof. The number of gun owners that shoot and practice regularly is small compared to the number of gun owners that rarely shoot or practice. Many shooters, not the minority type on gun forums, are recoil averse. My wife shoots several of my 9mm just fine, but if she had to choose between only two options, 9mm or nothing, she likely would choose nothing. Yet, she carries her 22 LCR every day, everywhere. She is a big girl and able to make well informed decisions that work for her. I am confident that her having a 22lr with her at all times would be some measure of better than having nothing. How much better is useless speculation.

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    Shooter(good guy) was not being attacked either. That is same as hunting when the prey doesn't know you are there you can place an accurate shot with a much smaller caliber and be successful. When that same game is charging you its a different matter altogether. I am not going to rely on being the hunter and not the hunted.
    We talking about the same event? The guy just had 2 people he knew blasted with a shotgun 5 get away from him. You don't think that's a high stress event?
    MMinSC and Lefty_Red like this.

We talking about the same event? The guy just had 2 people he knew blasted with a shotgun 5 get away from him. You don't think that's a high stress event?
    You think if that scumbag had turned and charged the good guy with his shotgun pointed his way he would have made that same head shot? No way in hades. He himself said he would not have, he would have dumped his mag center mass as he trained to do.
    He himself was not immediately threatened when he shot. If you don't get the difference I can't make you see it.
    Wavygravy likes this.

I think this new LCP rimfire is very cool and Ruger is going to take this one to the bank in volume. I'm a .22 nut but I'll probably pass on this one. The scenarios where I like a compact rimfire pistol are currently served quite satisfactorily by an SR22.

The SR22, with its upside down safety, is a pistol I wasn't sure I'd really like. I did remove the magazine disconnect and added Galloway mag followers for a 13 round capacity.

LCP II 22 lr-p1110549.jpg

Now we have the LCP II 22LR with an "intuitive" lateral action safety! If they do one in FDE or similar I'm guessing I'll cave... ;)
    jstert and Lefty_Red like this.

[/B]

I wouldn't carry .22 for SD either, but it's interesting that .22's kill more people each year than any other caliber.
    MMinSC likes this.
    NRA lifetime member

Flint

I don't think the LCP .22LR is going to be a hit...or even popular.

Called my local gun store and I am #5 on the waiting list for the LCP 22. Somehow I suspect most gun stores also have a waiting list for this gun. And I suspect Ruger is happy to hear it.
    ETXhiker likes this.
    Unfortunately there are many gun owners who will still shop at Wal Mart even though they know Wal Mart partnered with Everytown for Gun Safety just because it is convenient and they can save a few bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by seery View Post

A .22 version of one of the most popular series of pistols made in the last decade?

Yeah...they’ll sell...in trainload quantities...toot toot
    5lima30ret and Wavygravy like this.
    Carry a sidearm always. Be able to put shots into the torso and then head, if needed. The rest is much less important.

Quote Originally Posted by seery View Post
    Interesting.. I will disagree respectfully, and I'll tell you why.
    I recently bought a Berreta Bobcat 91A in .22LR.
    I had my heart set on a tiny .22 semi, and was shocked to find that they are very hard to find.. Most .22 auto loading pistols are either full size or compacts. .22 LR in very small pocket size are not easy to find..

When I was doing my research calling every gun shop within 100 miles I got the exact same reply to THIS question-

" Do you guys ever see really small .22 pistols come through the shop?"

The answer I always got was the exact same:

"Yes, but they go out as fast as we get them in "

or

"Yes, we get them in on trade here and there, but they don't last long"

A few months ago my LGS got in on trade 2 Jennings semis.. a .22 and a .25.. Tiny little things they were!
    I passed because those guns are a horror show and everyone knows it.. They drop when fired, go full auto with shocking frequency, break down ,wear out, or both in short order, and are just POOR guns... They both looked in good shape, and were both sold within a day or two, because as that owner also said to me,, Brand doesn't matter too much, if its a really small .22 or .25 it sells..
    Now, someone is able to get a truly tiny, lightweight, RELIABLE, easy to load, rack, and fire .22 semi auto from Ruger??.. No brainer.

I say dealers will have waiting lists early on, and then for some time after will sell every single one they can lay their mitts on.. I could be wrong, and you may be right, but IMHO, they are going to sell those things by the million, especially if its very easy to rack like say a 22/45.

Women, older folks with arthritis, and those with an aversion to recoil will buy them with
    " a .22 is way better than nothing" firmly in mind.. bob

Distinguished Member
    I'm personally not comfortable with .22 as a SD option, but agree fully with @beebee 's opinion -- the LCPII in .22 will sell like hotcakes.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post

Yeah...they’ll sell...in trainload quantities...toot toot
    Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    Interesting.. I will disagree respectfully...
    Hopefully I’m wrong and Ruger sells a bunch. This will fill their coffins and allow them to keep innovating and bringing us new options.

The LCP GEN2 is one of my all-time favorite carry pistols, second only to the G42.

I guess if the LCP GEN2 were offered in .22LR...I may sing a different tune!
    5lima30ret likes this.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links