LCP II 22 lr

LCP II 22 lr

This is a discussion on LCP II 22 lr within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ruger is releasing an LCP II in 22 LR. Should make a good trainer and great carry gun for those with physical manipulation/dexterity issues. I ...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree187Likes

Thread: LCP II 22 lr

Senior Member Array entertainment72's Avatar

LCP II 22 lr

Ruger is releasing an LCP II in 22 LR.

Should make a good trainer and great carry gun for those with physical manipulation/dexterity issues. I won't jump right in and buy one immediately. After say a year when all the bugs have been worked out and prices come down I can see adding one to my collection.

https://www.ruger.com/micros/liteRack/

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LCP II 22 lr-3.jpg  

Last edited by OD*; December 30th, 2019 at 03:42 PM.

Old Man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by entertainment72 View Post
    Ruger is releasing an LCP II in 22. I won't jump right in and buy one immediately. After say a year when all the bugs have been worked out and prices come down I can see adding one to my collection.

https://www.ruger.com/micros/liteRack/

Heck ya!
    10thmtn likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Well hot damn! And I just bought a TX22.

This might be a great option for my wife, who has had issues with racking the slide of her LCP, as well as the recoil.

Don’t like the thumb safety though, especially that it can inadvertently get set to safe while racking the slide. And a mag disconnect? Really?

Will wait and see, and I would like to see if the safeties can be easily removed.
    Sister, Old Man and Kenny53 like this.
    Carry a sidearm always. Be able to put shots into the torso and then head, if needed. The rest is much less important.

Distinguished Member Array ETXhiker's Avatar
    I like it. I may even buy one at some point. But I would have liked a .32 acp version even more. Oh, well.
    Holster, Bikenut, 10thmtn and 3 others like this.
    "There are some ideas that are so wrong, only a very intelligent person could believe them." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by ETXhiker View Post
    I like it. I may even buy one at some point. But I would have liked a .32 acp version even more. Oh, well.
    I was thinking the same thing, but man it’s hard to argue with 11 shootable rounds in something that small, flat and light.

I prefer the original LCP to the LCP2, but...if Ruger makes a version of the LCP2 .22 without the safety and mag disconnect (call it the “Pro” or whatever) then I will buy it.

This would force me (and I suspect many others) to finally sell off my original LCPs for LCP2s. I wouldn’t want different versions with different triggers. Shrewd marketing on their part.
    Carry a sidearm always. Be able to put shots into the torso and then head, if needed. The rest is much less important.

Good review

Old Man and ETXhiker like this.

Distinguished Member Array CAS_Shooter's Avatar
    I don't need it but I want it. Good on Ruger. I think they will sell like hotcakes.

I kinda like it.

Now let’s see one in .32 or .25...just because they can.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, but man it’s hard to argue with 11 shootable rounds in something that small, flat and light.

I prefer the original LCP to the LCP2, but...if Ruger makes a version of the LCP2 .22 without the safety and mag disconnect (call it the “Pro” or whatever) then I will buy it.

This would force me (and I suspect many others) to finally sell off my original LCPs for LCP2s. I wouldn’t want different versions with different triggers. Shrewd marketing on their part.
    I think it is a safe bet that within a year Ruger will have a "Pro" model without the external safety. The mag disconnect safety may stick though.
    10thmtn, Old Man and ETXhiker like this.

Went by Academy and the LCP2 fits into my current LCP pocket holsters.

Darn.

Now I know I’ll be getting this. Likely several.

A 22lr LCP with a threaded barrel and a Bowers Bitty silencer would make for a pretty fun day at the range.
    Risasi, Holmes375 and ETXhiker like this.

Distinguished Member Array drmordo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    I would like to see if the safeties can be easily removed.
    The LCPs are both based on the Keltec design, and from what I have seen the safeties are pretty easily removed. I plan to remove the mag safety from my LC380 in the next few days.

Here's a detail strip of the LC9, which should be pretty silimar to the LCPII.

RTK Triggers
    10thmtn likes this.

aaarrrgghhh!!!!!!!
    I was lusting for a good tiny .22.. Nothing much out there new, and so bought a Beretta 91A Bobcat for a lot of money... Now a WEEK later, I see this.. DOH!
    I don't need it at all, but it will be my next purchase... 11 rounds of CCI Stinger in a pistol that size??.. As me personally I would not feel "undergunned"... they will sell those things by the millions especially if its an easy racker... I will be buying one, thats for sure... bob

Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    aaarrrgghhh!!!!!!!
    I was lusting for a good tiny .22.. Nothing much out there new, and so bought a Beretta 91A Bobcat for a lot of money... Now a WEEK later, I see this.. DOH!
    I don't need it at all, but it will be my next purchase... 11 rounds of CCI Stinger in a pistol that size??.. As me personally I would not feel "undergunned"... they will sell those things by the millions especially if its an easy racker... I will be buying one, thats for sure... bob
    Personally, I wouldn’t go for Stingers in a defensive .22..if they expand, you won’t get any penetration.

My S&W 43C runs Aguila Interceptors, a hot 40gr flat nosed solid....Mini-Mag Solids are a good choice, as well.

JMO.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links