Any subcompact .45 ACP recommendations for a lefty? - Page 3

Any subcompact .45 ACP recommendations for a lefty?

This is a discussion on Any subcompact .45 ACP recommendations for a lefty? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Militant Hey Rooster! The Walther PPQ M1 or "classic" is like the HK with dual slide stops/releases and the paddle magazine release. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Any subcompact .45 ACP recommendations for a lefty?

Quote Originally Posted by Militant View Post
    Hey Rooster! The Walther PPQ M1 or "classic" is like the HK with dual slide stops/releases and the paddle magazine release. I love mine....when I'm not carrying an HK of course.
    Oh, I have a PPQ Classic and love it.

Bummed as I've grown to really hate the button style mag release. I keep it in right hand configuration and my P365 magazine has unseated itself thrice in 6 months. I think I narrowed down how and why (ride position and cant).

That said while I love the pistol, that irks the crap out of me and am debating on grabbing an HK for carry. I just wish there was a slim model.

If PPS Classics were readily available I'd scoop one in a heartbeat. If it proves to repeat itself then a VP9sk, 45c, P30sk or P2000sk very well might be in my future.

Distinguished Member Array Militant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Oh, I have a PPQ Classic and love it.

Bummed as I've grown to really hate the button style mag release. I keep it in right hand configuration and my P365 magazine has unseated itself thrice in 6 months. I think I narrowed down how and why (ride position and cant).

That said while I love the pistol, that irks the crap out of me and am debating on grabbing an HK for carry. I just wish there was a slim model.

If PPS Classics were readily available I'd scoop one in a heartbeat. If it proves to repeat itself then a VP9sk, 45c, P30sk or P2000sk very well might be in my future.
    Kool! I also have a PPS classic. I enjoy it however, it doesn't have the slide stop/release on both sides of the piece just the paddle magazine release. So, I agree, I wish HK would make a slimmer piece like the PPS or Shield etc. The 45c is my main EDC however, for various occasions I'll rotate carrying my VP9sk or P30sk as well. Just depends on what I have going on. Great pieces!
    Rooster likes this.
    HK USP Compact .45 stainless HK USP Compact .40 stainless HK USP Compact .45
    HK USP Compact 9mm HK 45c HK P30 HK P30sk HK VP9 HK VP9sk

ďA manís rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge boxĒ - Frederick Douglas

Kool! I also have a PPS classic. I enjoy it however, it doesn't have the slide stop/release on both sides of the piece just the paddle magazine release. So, I agree, I wish HK would make a slimmer piece like the PPS or Shield etc. The 45c is my main EDC however, for various occasions I'll rotate carrying my VP9sk or P30sk as well. Just depends on what I have going on. Great pieces!
    How thick is the 45c? I imagine it's gotta be a bit slimmer than the double stack 9s, no? Was considering going 45 cause I've been a 9mm whore for so long. lol
    Militant likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Buy an HK p2000sk in 40cal, or an S&W Shield 45. Message me if you want to know about Springfield's business practices, or see my posts about them.
    "If you're in a gunfight there's no such thing as enough ammo, and your gunfight will only last as long as your ammo." - Clint Smith

"There are only two times you can carry too much ammo, when you're drowning or on fire."
    - Mike Hughes of Gunsite

How thick is the 45c? I imagine it's gotta be a bit slimmer than the double stack 9s, no? Was considering going 45 cause I've been a 9mm whore for so long. lol
    The 45c is slimmer. That's one reason why it is my main EDC. Plus, I just love the .45ACP. I tell my friends (jokingly of course) all of the time that I can't let that itty-bitty 9mm make me too soft!
    Rooster likes this.

ďA manís rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge boxĒ - Frederick Douglas

The 45c is slimmer. That's one reason why it is my main EDC. Plus, I just love the .45ACP. I tell my friends (jokingly of course) all of the time that I can't let that itty-bitty 9mm make me too soft!
    I think I'll have one by summer as I've been wanting a 45 for a while now.

Do you have the decocker model? Is the decocking lever ambi?
    Militant likes this.

I think I'll have one by summer as I've been wanting a 45 for a while now.

Do you have the decocker model? Is the decocking lever ambi?
    All of my DA/SA pieces have the decocker (i.e. P30/P30sk, USPC40, USPC45, USPC9 and 45c). It's not ambi on the P30 series but it is on the other DA/SA versions I listed; meaning you can change it to the right side of the piece to access it with your left thumb. Mine are Variant 2.
    Rooster likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TimGunn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    How so? The platform works for me but I can't think of any advantages we have.
    Like the slide release for example, I just lift my thumb and I am there. My rightie friends have to move their hand half way around the pistol. Mag release just lift my finger...
    That really shouldn't be an issue: most guns have slide stops and not slide releases and it is best practice to pull the slide back to let it come back with full force when rechambering.

I am a lefty and I carry Sigs. I do not worry about the slide release as I slingshot the slide. I just recently bought a XDE in 45. I was looking for something smaller and lighter. I have in the past looked at the Bersas and was thinking about trying kne but have not gotten that far.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tcfiero View Post
    I am a lefty and I carry Sigs. I do not worry about the slide release as I slingshot the slide. I just recently bought a XDE in 45. I was looking for something smaller and lighter. I have in the past looked at the Bersas and was thinking about trying kne but have not gotten that far.

How do you like that XDe? I've been thinking of one because it's different and still very compact for a .45.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wondering View Post
    How do you like that XDe? I've been thinking of one because it's different and still very compact for a .45.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    I have taken it to the range once so far. I have put 100 rounds through it. The trigger is no Sig. I will put it in my EDC rotation after I get more rounds down range.

I concur with the HK recommendation. Iím also a lefty and I was issued one, and carried one for 7 years. Never a prob as I habitually slingshot and like the paddle mag release. That said, I donít have a prob with striker fired,or DAO autos as,again, I slingshot. I use my middle finger on the mag release and never have an issue. Then thereís always a revolver.....
    When seconds count, help is minutes away!

Unless it's life or death related, it's all B.S.!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links