Any Kahr fans here? - Page 2

Any Kahr fans here?

This is a discussion on Any Kahr fans here? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Still love my CT380!!!!...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: Any Kahr fans here?

Still love my CT380!!!!
    ETXhiker likes this.
    A .380 in your pocket is better than a .45 at home.

Quote Originally Posted by OakBluff View Post
    Nope. I tried two PM9’s. Neither would reliably function. Sold off.
    +1 I owed 5 over the years all had issue. Yeah you would’ve think I would’ve learned after the first one or two.

No Kahr love in this house.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Any Kahr fans here?-be86c86a-c8d0-4663-a9fb-74d5b07395b5.jpeg
    It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress.
    - Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar (Mark Twain)

I tried 2 Kahrs and both broke triggers before 100 rounds. Too bad because I liked them before they broke.
    Whats worse is Magguts. I tried those in three different guns and I would rather carry just a knife than ruin my guns reliability with messing with that junk. It changes your top round pressure and will make your slide harder to rack and work your recoil spring harder as well. DO NOT TRUST those in a carry gun unless you love to practice FTE's.
    I know just like Kahr you can find die hard fans but, do not mess with the most critical component of a semi auto gun....the magazine. The extra round is not worth it believe me and save your money.

Kahr PM9 and CM9 here. Both have performed flawless.
    zonker1986 and CLASS3NH like this.

I have been accused of being a huge fan a time or two

Are all Kahr's as hard to rack as the P380?

Distinguished Member
    Kahrs. Meh.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

VIP Member
    Deleted. Momma always said, if you have nothing good to say......
    Wavygravy and 10thmtn like this.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

I own both the K9 and MK9 as well as their 40SW brothers and a bunch of their polymer models. Not gonna apologize to anyone for enjoying the crap out of mine. You don't like them, go buy a Ruger.

Give to them according to their deeds and according to the wickedness of their endeavors; give to them according to the work of their hands; render to them their deserts. Psalm 28:4

Quote Originally Posted by Talldog View Post
    Are all Kahr's as hard to rack as the P380?
    No, my CW9, CW45, and PM9 are normal rackers. My CT380 is a bear to pump that slide.
    ETXhiker and CLASS3NH like this.
    It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress.
    - Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar (Mark Twain)

Miss my CW9. Was going to replace it with another, but now looking at the 365 instead. Never had an issue with my CM9 or CW9 so not sure why I sold them.
    ETXhiker likes this.

VIP Member
    You could call me a "Kahr Fan", although like a lot of other good guns, newer designs have upstaged many of their models.

When the PM9 first came out, it offered a pretty outstanding set of specs wrt size, weight, capacity, etc. in a service caliber. It also came with a hefty price tag that kept me from ever buying one. The CM9, though, was a game-changer, offering a functionally identical pistol (except for the rifling) several hundred bucks cheaper. I snatched one up pretty quickly after I first saw one. I still have it, and consider it a fine pistol. The Shield 9, although a tad bigger, edged the CM9 out of "first place" for an EDC, except for circumstances where maximum concealment is concerned. The Shield just fits me a lot better, and the longer sight radius & larger capacity are plusses. Most recently, though, the P365 has upstaged both the Kahr and the Shield!

I also got a CW45 some years ago. I love .45 ACP and felt like the CW45 was a very good choice for a .45 CCW. Since then, though, the Shield 45 and the XDs have both hit the market, and again, I'd be inclined to pick the Shield over the Kahr. I've also gotten back "into" 1911's in recent years, and at this point would pack a Lightweight Commander or my ECO in preference to the CW45.

My most recent Kahr is the CW380, and I believe it is in a class of its own so far as micro-380's go. Nothing I've seen comes close, in terms of shootability, reliability, accuracy, etc. It's my go-to pistol of choice for maximum concealment.

So, yes, a "Kahr Fan" - but I now have better choices than my Kahrs, except for the CW380!

JMHO - YMMV
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dares not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

VIP Member
    I own Kahrs (CM9 and P380) and have carried both. They are utilitarian tools. I have the P380 in my right front pocket as I type this. Both guns have been 100% reliable from the very first magazines.

What I am a fan of is classic Colt snake guns and pretty much any 1911. But what I carry is what works best for me, not necessarily what I have a passion for.
    Kilowatt3, ETXhiker and CLASS3NH like this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links