Any Kahr fans here?

Any Kahr fans here?

This is a discussion on Any Kahr fans here? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My CW9 fits me very well and is a great choice for CC, IMO. Am thinking of switching the mag internals with Magguts parts to ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: Any Kahr fans here?

Any Kahr fans here?

My CW9 fits me very well and is a great choice for CC, IMO. Am thinking of switching the mag internals with Magguts parts to increase the capacity to 8+1.

Any Kahr fans here?-d0dc6f66-64b9-48a8-a2a6-7f287f8fe6d5.jpeg
    It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress.
    - Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar (Mark Twain)

BOHICA

Carry a sidearm always. Be able to put shots into the torso and then head, if needed. The rest is much less important.

Nope. I tried two PM9ís. Neither would reliably function. Sold off.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    I own 3 Kahrs,no complaints all three run like a champ
    PM9,CT9 and CW45
    Lifetime NRA Member,collector,reloader.

Distinguished Member
    I have owned several and still have a CW380 and P40. Mine have all been very accurate and reliable following break-in and polishing the feed ramps. A K40 Elite 98 that I had was one of the best pistols I have ever owned and I have sellers regret on it leaving my possession many years ago. I currently have a CW380 and P40.

Any Kahr fans here?

Heck ya! I'm a big fan of their triggers in particular.
    franco45, Texron and ETXhiker like this.

Had a PM9 and sold it. It shot accurately, but I did not like or trust their magazines.
    forester58 likes this.
    I'm with Joe Biden - you can't have 50 clips in a weapon!
    Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.
    We are ALL Virginians!

I tried some rental ones at a range. Left me feeling "meh" about them. Wouldn't object to owning one but am not going to go looking for one either.
    Me: "..and that brings us back to the age old question, how much ammo should you carry or how much is enough, doesn't it? Lol "
    AzQkr: "
    The age old questions answer is carry more, not less. For if more isn't enough, less surely won't be. lol"

Quote Originally Posted by OakBluff View Post
    Nope. I tried two PM9ís. Neither would reliably function. Sold off.
    I had one that I bought after shooting my FIL's, mine wouldn't feed reliably so I traded it for a Mossberg 590A1. My FIL hasn't had any issues with his though, so YMMV.

PM9 is my EDC with no issues. It has about 300 rounds through it. Had a couple of FTEs the first 30 rounds or so, otherwise itís been perfect. Various types of ammo. Soft shooter for being so small.
    zonker1986, Texron and Militant like this.

Never let anything mechanical know that you're in a hurry.

I'm a Kahr fan also. I have owned several over the years. I currently own 4. I have a CM9, a CW9, an ST9 and an MK9. You either love the triggers or hate them. I happen to love the them. All of mine have been very reliable except for a CT380 that I traded for an RM380.

Experience results with Kahr's will vary from love to hate. My PM9 runs flawlessly. Surprisingly accurate. Magazines however have 2 quirks. 1.Overhand racking the slide commonly results in a failure to feed.The instructions even warn against this. Use the slide release. 2. When the magazine rides in a magazine pouch all day the top round works its way out.

A replacement magazine follower solved problem 1 but not problem 2.https://lakelinellc.com/shop/metal-m...-for-9mm-kahr/

For the MK9's compactness, smooth trigger pull, accuracy and reliability I can put up with with this one shortcoming when deep concealment is called for.
    zonker1986 and ETXhiker like this.

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Tried the CM5.
    It was just okay nothing special.
    Glad I borrowed from a buddy and not bought one.
    I just love that we have so many choices in our country, something for everyone
    Militant likes this.

I was going to buy a P380 today. Went to the gun store and they warned me, "The slide is really hard to rack." So they handed me one and, sure enough, the slide was incredibly hard to rack. I ended up buying an LCP II.
    halem1 likes this.

My EDC is a S9. I'm just under 2000 rounds through it and one FTF. Upon inspection, that round was clearly defective (shallow seating, round too long, embarrassed I loaded it). No ejection failures.

I practice with Federal American Eagle 124gr FMJ and carry Federal Premium HST JHP P9HST3 +P 124gr JHP.

Usual range day is to run the carry magazine+1 in quick-threes, then 150 FMJs for various drills.

Essentially, the S9 is a lightly improved CW9.
    I love the trigger, my little hands like the skinny handle, and the extra low bore axis makes muzzle flip very light.
    Paladin3840 and ETXhiker like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links