Single stack 9mm suggestions - Page 3

Single stack 9mm suggestions

This is a discussion on Single stack 9mm suggestions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by rlggray How bout good ol FDE? I have one gun that is all FDE. I got it because it was the only ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Thread: Single stack 9mm suggestions

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rlggray View Post
    How bout good ol FDE?
    I have one gun that is all FDE. I got it because it was the only model of a 15 oz. P238 that had an ambi safety at the time. I still prefer black with a stainless slide for "looks," but guns are for SD rather than for looks. STILL.......there is the Rainbow that I have and everyone says it is the prettiest gun they've ever seen.

To each his/her own. As always.
    Cornhusker95 likes this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    I have one gun that is all FDE. I got it because it was the only model of a 15 oz. P238 that had an ambi safety at the time. I still prefer black with a stainless slide for "looks," but guns are for SD rather than for looks. STILL.......there is the Rainbow that I have and everyone says it is the prettiest gun they've ever seen.

To each his/her own. As always.
    I agree....You could really stir the pot on a Taurus forum with the candy colors offered on the Spectrum.
    ShooterGranny likes this.

SA Kimber Micro 9 or Sig P938 in 8+1 cocked and locked.
    Light, and nice trigger.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Kahr CM9, but I wouldn't rule out the Sig P365. Technically not a conventional single stack, but no wider than many of them and holds a lot more rounds. Same could be said of the new SA Hellcat.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Distinguished Member Array 1MoreFord's Avatar
    Another vote for the Sig P290RS here.
    Joe

Senior Member Array Petroleum 1's Avatar
    SCCY has a new updated version of the CPX2 on the market. Its a slimmer striker fired model called the DVG1 but still holds 10 rounds.

You might try to find a Ruger LC9 (not the LC9S striker fired). They are some sweet little hammer fired guns. Perfect for people With revolver trigger fingers, imo.

They have one like new in box at my lgs I've been eyeing for myself.

As a matter of fact, I have it's younger brother, an LC9S, in my pocket at this very moment. It's riding in an El paso Saddlery Co pocket holster.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Single stack 9mm suggestions-20200108_110118_1578503620208.jpg  

Single stack 9mm suggestions-screenshot_20200108-110307_gallery_1578503628910.jpg  

3913 Lady Smith S&W and Sig 239
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Single stack 9mm suggestions-img_0234.jpg  

I bought a Kimber 9mm ss ultra a couple years back as a small carry option then screwed up and asked my wife if she wanted to shoot it . Well she laid claim to it as here edc after only a couple mag fulls fired and she never fired a a SA before she did as for a shorter reach and thin grips so I fit a eb short trigger and her choice of grips . . I still have my old s&w 669 to fall back on as its about the same size and weight .
    ETXhiker likes this.

I guess they aren't single stacks but worth a mention for DA/SA...how about a CZ RAMI or a Bersa Thunder UC?

Though if I were looking for a DA/SA I would try the XDe. Never touched one but that's a nice size for a DA/SA with good capacity and versatile (can do DA/SA, DA with safety, or cocked and locked)

I just checked this new DVG1 out on SCCY website. Pretty interesting

Bought two more Beretta Nano's, put a APX Carry grip on one of them Super mild shooters with great DAO triggers. One of the Nano's just recently went past the 10.000 rd mark and runs like a sewing machine. Also bought a second Kahr CM 9. Love these guns and like the Beretta has a beautiful DAO trigger. Smooth, controlled Deliberate.

Nano and Nano with New Apx Carry Grip
    Last edited by Pocketgunner; January 9th, 2020 at 07:58 PM.
    ETXhiker and Armybrat like this.

Not a single stack, but it is DAO, hammer fired. (Magazine holds 10 rounds)
    These are very inexpensive, the best thing about them. I held one for quite some time with the hope it would eventually feel good in my hand, it did not. So even though it was under $200, I could not convince myself to buy it.

Had a Sig P938 SAS, it had issues, more than one; I traded mine away, now shoot a Kimber Micro 9 Nightfall. Also have a Mossberg MC1sc, which has been a surprise in many ways; all of them good! Shoots nicely, comfortable, reliable, and I can shoot it quite accurately. It also is reasonably priced. Never had a polymer Kahr, but I have a K9, it's nice and has been trouble free for the 10 years I've had it. Unfortunately, the metal frame Kahrs are not cheap, but they are also not semi-disposables like some polymers seem to be. I suggest going to your LGS and holding all the different models you find interesting. Try holding it as if to shoot with both left and right handed. Never know when you might need to. Seriously grasp it like you will be when shooting it. Some firearms naturally seem to feel better than others, for a variety of reasons. I've spent weeks going back and forth and trying different models at different stores at times. As much as I'd like to, I cannot afford to buy everything out there. So I want to be sure it's what I will actually enjoy, and be able to comfortably operate and carry all day if needed.
    rotorhead1026 likes this.

You might try to find a Ruger LC9 (not the LC9S striker fired). They are some sweet little hammer fired guns. Perfect for people With revolver trigger fingers, imo.

They have one like new in box at my lgs I've been eyeing for myself.

As a matter of fact, I have it's younger brother, an LC9S, in my pocket at this very moment. It's riding in an El paso Saddlery Co pocket holster.
    I carry a Ruger LC9S-Pro with Big Dot sights. i carry it in a AZULA IWB holster. A great combination that is simple to use and out to 15 yds is a great little gun. Good luck on your hunt and remember to practice, practice, and practice some more .... plus I carry an extra magazine in a AZULA IWB magazine holder.
    5lima30ret and Armybrat like this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links