Woe Is Me -- Wiley Clapp - Page 7

Woe Is Me -- Wiley Clapp

This is a discussion on Woe Is Me -- Wiley Clapp within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanks, @ OD* , I will. Appreciate the info! The WC only came with one mag, though, an 8 round one. I was a little ...

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree552Likes

Thread: Woe Is Me -- Wiley Clapp

Distinguished Member
    Thanks, @OD* , I will. Appreciate the info!
    The WC only came with one mag, though, an 8 round one. I was a little surprised about that considering the price of the gun. Might as well wait until the Wilson 7 round mags come in today or tomorrow -- it's 11 degrees outside and my club range is outdoors....
    airslot and OD* like this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post
    Thanks, @OD* , I will. Appreciate the info!
    The WC only came with one mag, though, an 8 round one. I was a little surprised about that considering the price of the gun. Might as well wait until the Wilson 7 round mags come in today or tomorrow -- it's 11 degrees outside and my club range is outdoors....
    Yep, last Colt I bought on line came with only one mag, I was surprised they went back to that policy, again.
    Wavygravy, CLASS3NH and airslot like this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

Do not look at the picture no more, repeat, do not look at the picture no more ..... Go to the lgs and look at it, touch it, handle it ...... Feeling better now?
    Wavygravy, airslot and OD* like this.
    "Anyone who will tear down sports will tear down America.
    Sports and Religion have made America what it is today. -- Woody Hayes"

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

The factory Colt mags are fine. Choot it, choot it. My Wiley Clapp is the CCO. I didn't know it, but the CCO is my favorite size 1911. Not just for conceal carry, but for everything. You will come to love grips. When I first got mine I was going to change them out. I learned they work very well. Wide at the back, narrow at the front. Between the "put booger hooks here" finger grooves and front and back strap checkering the gun just feels good when shooting.
    G-man*, airslot, OD* and 2 others like this.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Distinguished Member
    Finally got out to the range this morning. I believe it's a go. Yessir. Put 100 rounds of 230 gr. ball and 50 of 230 HP through it without a hiccup. It shoots real tight groups right where I seem to be aiming -- 2 inches left. Heheh. Just like my Shield.
    Huh. Maybe I better send 'em both in for repairs.
    Seriously, I like the pistol a lot and had no problems. It has moved from the carry case to a holster now....
    OldVet, Poorly, mhl6493 and 5 others like this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Finally got out to the range this morning. I believe it's a go. Yessir. Put 100 rounds of 230 gr. ball and 50 of 230 HP through it without a hiccup. It shoots real tight groups right where I seem to be aiming -- 2 inches left. Heheh. Just like my Shield.
    Huh. Maybe I better send 'em both in for repairs.
    Seriously, I like the pistol a lot and had no problems. It has moved from the carry case to a holster now....

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.

NRA Patron Member

Distinguished Member
    Still stiff in the new Sparks holster, but have it in a sock stretching it out a little now. Good lookin' rig if I say so myself.

Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Still stiff in the new Sparks holster, but have it in a sock stretching it out a little now. Good lookin' rig if I say so myself.

I concur.

Woe Is Me -- Wiley Clapp-1fbaa844-6ec1-4e4c-b500-867f851f1844.jpeg
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Distinguished Member Array DHart's Avatar
    The Wiley Clapp Stainless Commander is one of my most favorite 1911s, also one of my most favorite Colts. Specs are just right - especially the sharp front strap checkering by Pete Single, right out of the box. This is a home run 1911 for Colt!

Quick and easy mods I made, just for personal preference:
    =short, solid trigger
    =arched MSH
    =Series 70 thumb safety
    =VZ grips
    “Inequality" is a law of nature, not something government can "re-distribute”. The fit, well-educated, hard-working will prosper. And the unfit will not. It is not the responsibility of those who work hard and prosper to make the lives of those who do not, more “equal."

The stainless version is my favorite, but I do like the LW Commander version, too:

Again, such a home run line of 1911s from Colt!
    Wavygravy, OD*, WC145 and 3 others like this.
    “Inequality" is a law of nature, not something government can "re-distribute”. The fit, well-educated, hard-working will prosper. And the unfit will not. It is not the responsibility of those who work hard and prosper to make the lives of those who do not, more “equal."

My favorite 1911 magazines, by far, are from Checkmate:

CM-45-7-S-H CMF 7-round, stainless, hybrid feed lips, Check-Mate skirted follower
    CM-45-8-S-H CMF 8-round, stainless, hybrid feed lips, Check-Mate skirted follower

Very strong mag springs!

Excellent source: topgunsupply.com

Wilsons, et al, are ok for range use. Checkmates for social purposes.

Congrats on the purchase of a WC 1911. Amazing looking gun. I don't have any advice. Enjoy that fine looking pistol.
    Wavygravy and scottync like this.
    1987-1991 Army Guard/Regular Army
    1996-2014 Navy- Retired

Distinguished Member
    OK, I'm not a crack shot. Had a short range visit today and put 50 more rounds through the WC. I am keeping everything in a 4" circle except three strays that were in the 5". Not great, I know, but that'll at least give someone a bad day with .45 HP boolits at 10-15 yards. The new Wilson mags worked perfectly -- I haven't had any type of malfunction from day 1 using Blazer Brass, WWB FMJ and HP 230 gr. (200 rounds total so far).
    I will get better with it, dang it. It's a fun pistol for sure!
    airslot, mhl6493, OD* and 2 others like this.
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Distinguished Member
    Put another 100 rounds through the WC today. Still no hiccups at all. I think it's a keeper. My first 7 rounds at 20 yards -- about a second or less between shots, so not slow fire, but not mag dumping. Second shot was a stray, then got a little better....

OD*, mhl6493, Poorly and 4 others like this.
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Nicely done.
    Wavygravy and scottync like this.

NRA Patron Member

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Sponsored Links