Sig Sauer customer service.. - Page 2

Sig Sauer customer service..

This is a discussion on Sig Sauer customer service.. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by MMinSC They can on the 938. Mine was made before they were shipped with secured grip screws. Lots of people moaning on ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 53
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Sig Sauer customer service..

  1. #16
    Senior Member Array beebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    FarLeft NY
    Posts
    941
    Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    They can on the 938. Mine was made before they were shipped with secured grip screws. Lots of people moaning on the internet about it. Mine never did after I swapped out the factory stocks but I used o-rings like on a 1911. Quite a few guys I chat with on SigTalk also just used the o-rings also. Seemed pretty simple to me, if they happen to come loose, use the rings. I think Sig just got sick of people calling about it and tried to idiot proof them with the locktite.
    Understood, that explains a lot.. However, blue loctite would have solved that issue nicely... They have engineers at Sig, and should not need owners to let them know that gluing the tiny screws in with high strength thread locker is NOT a great idea..
    MMinSC likes this.

  2. #17
    Senior Member Array beebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    FarLeft NY
    Posts
    941
    btw, in case anyone is interested .. For many many years, I have found plain old silicone sealer to be an excellent thread locker for things that do not require an ultra high strength lock.
    It holds screws in place without ever backing out, yet breaks easily when you need to back the bolt or screw out. bob

  3. #18
    VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by flintlock62 View Post
    With my P226, yes, the grip screws used to come loose. I placed O-rings under the screws and never had an issue since.
    This ^^^^
    MMinSC and Struckat like this.
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

  4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #19
    VIP Member Array MMinSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    charleston,sc
    Posts
    3,675
    I think I found your problem Bob. Your workbench does not have adequate lighting. Of course you are going to strip out the screws if you can't see clearly.

    Sig Sauer customer service..-workbench.jpg



    Sorry man! Just walked by my son's work bench and couldn't help myself. We all bugger stuff up now and then. For me it is usually car or motorcycle related.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

  6. #20
    Distinguished Member Array DownInTheDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Flat side of Montana
    Posts
    1,216
    Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    I think I found your problem Bob. Your workbench does not have adequate lighting. Of course you are going to strip out the screws if you can't see clearly.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	workbench.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	5.69 MB 
ID:	310384



    Sorry man! Just walked by my son's work bench and couldn't help myself. We all bugger stuff up now and then. For me it is usually car or motorcycle related.
    Is that the new Dewalt drill? I gotta get one of those.
    MMinSC likes this.

  7. #21
    Member Array Big Western's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
    Switzerland. Sigs used to be like Swiss watches. They then moved to Germany and things were still all good. Then to NH and...well.....we have striker drag, drop safety fiascos, etc.
    I only own glocks, but I have to point out your bias against modern sigs- especially the P 365 and P 320. sig had one drop fire issue, and walther has had FIVE with a much smaller firearms product line, yet you don't hold that against walther. Your bias against sig isn't about how they handled the P 320 recall, your prejudice is with striker fired and modern sigs, as you've admitted above.

    There are plenty of credible people who have primer drag on many different makes of pistols including walthers, and there are probably a dozen videos on youtube specifically about primer drag on many different brands of small pistols and some larger. A read at one or both sig forums shows the broken strikers dropped to a trickle after June 2018's striker change and are considered a problem from a limited time period. glock and the m&p had problems with broken strikers.

    It's disappointing that an educated guy like yourself continues to exaggerate and offer intentionally misleading comments and threads knowing the facts and truth are so easy to find. Just above you refer to primer drag as if it were a rare thing, but we know it's very common because as you know the evidence is readily available on you tube. You alluded to more than one sig drop fire problem but the P 365 never had it, but you're fine with walther having five drop fire type recalls on their website.

    Your recent thread on the P 320 and an injured Cop was disappointing because you intentionally cherry picked a title and details that would give the appearance of continuing P 320 drop fire problems while leaving out that which didn't support your false narrative. Another member here told me you're a member at one or two of the two sig forums and they had that same thread with same link 2-3 months back and you didn't comment on it there, why not, was it because you knew you'd have a less educated on sig audience here to exploit?

    I believe the gun community needs to stop eating its own unless truly deserved, and I believe forums and sites shouldn't be a place where people post disinformation about things they don't like. YMMV.
    MYMOMSSON likes this.
    "If you're in a gunfight there's no such thing as enough ammo, and your gunfight will only last as long as your ammo." - Clint Smith

    "There are only two times you can carry too much ammo, when you're drowning or on fire."
    - Mike Hughes of Gunsite

  8. #22
    VIP Member
    Array PPS1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    The Free State of Georgia
    Posts
    2,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Western View Post
    I only own glocks, but I have to point out your bias against modern sigs- especially the P 365 and P 320. sig had one drop fire issue, and walther has had FIVE with a much smaller firearms product line, yet you don't hold that against walther. Your bias against sig isn't about how they handled the P 320 recall, your prejudice is with striker fired and modern sigs, as you've admitted above.

    There are plenty of credible people who have primer drag on many different makes of pistols including walthers, and there are probably a dozen videos on youtube specifically about primer drag on many different brands of small pistols and some larger. A read at one or both sig forums shows the broken strikers dropped to a trickle after June 2018's striker change and are considered a problem from a limited time period. glock and the m&p had problems with broken strikers.

    It's disappointing that an educated guy like yourself continues to exaggerate and offer intentionally misleading comments and threads knowing the facts and truth are so easy to find. Just above you refer to primer drag as if it were a rare thing, but we know it's very common because as you know the evidence is readily available on you tube. You alluded to more than one sig drop fire problem but the P 365 never had it, but you're fine with walther having five drop fire type recalls on their website.

    Your recent thread on the P 320 and an injured Cop was disappointing because you intentionally cherry picked a title and details that would give the appearance of continuing P 320 drop fire problems while leaving out that which didn't support your false narrative. Another member here told me you're a member at one or two of the two sig forums and they had that same thread with same link 2-3 months back and you didn't comment on it there, why not, was it because you knew you'd have a less educated on sig audience here to exploit?

    I believe the gun community needs to stop eating its own unless truly deserved, and I believe forums and sites shouldn't be a place where people post disinformation about things they don't like. YMMV.
    Thanks for your thoughts. First, I carry both striker and hammer weapons on a regular basis. Yes, I prefer Walther weapons. Yes, I own a Sig - my P226 (German design) in 357Sig. Yes, I carry it. No, I am not prejudice against striker weapons, if I were why would I carry my PPS and P99 more than any other weapons? My "gripe" or "bias" is a result of a combination of factors with SIG.

    As I have said, I have SC weapons and NONE other than the SIGs seem to suffer from striker drag. Sig initially blew it off as nothing but, funny, precisely what I and other said was likely from a mechanical engineering perspective did in fact keep (as in REPEATEDLY) getting reported - strikers were breaking [gasp]. SIG handled the Army contract weapons differently from civilian. How? They quietly replaced the non-drop safe parts in the USArmy contract weapons and only did so on the civilian weapons when it got to be a big public issue. As for Walther, good for you. The problem is that there are 5 recalls in the past 20 years. 3 of the 5 you cite are years ago. The PPS M2 and the CCP (which I have criticized many times) have current recalls, both voluntary and not following outcries from vocal online sources, on them. Bottom line for me is that Walther makes 1) fewer design errors and 2) handles them much better. Enjoy your Glocks.
    __________________
    I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
    - Thomas Jefferson 1787
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

  9. #23
    Senior Member
    Array Talldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    522
    Quote Originally Posted by flintlock62
    With my P226, yes, the grip screws used to come loose. I placed O-rings under the screws and never had an issue since.
    For the P938, #60 is the correct size O-ring, and they really do work.
    MMinSC and PPS1980 like this.

  10. #24
    Senior Member Array beebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    FarLeft NY
    Posts
    941
    I like the guns, they are well made. They are a joy to operate, and run flawlessly on ANY ammo.. I always talked my sigs up on these very pages, and was a proud owner.. I just didn't like the customer service on either occasion I called them... As stated, eventually I did get the screw out but the reason it stripped was the fact that it was red loctited into place, with a tiny, 3/32 hex.. WAY too small an opening to need to be strong armed out.. Yes you can heat the screw , but in a gun frame??.. Not me...
    Then charging $20 for a screw??.. I dunno, it just annoyed the crap out of me is all... bob

  11. #25
    VIP Member Array forester58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    3,593
    I actually sold a Sig because I got tired of the CS. Bought a new P290rs and the front night sight went black after one shot. They sent me a new one free of charge and that one went black after one shot. I did it one more time with the same results. Now they told me the first time their night sights were made by a sub contractor and they were sent a bad batch. So, last time I told them how come you keep sending me those bad batch sights? No answer from Sig. Cost me 40 bucks for the 2 sight installations.
    I just got tired of the same bad results.
    PPS1980 likes this.

  12. #26
    Member Array Big Western's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts. First, I carry both striker and hammer weapons on a regular basis. Yes, I prefer Walther weapons. Yes, I own a Sig - my P226 (German design) in 357Sig. Yes, I carry it. No, I am not prejudice against striker weapons, if I were why would I carry my PPS and P99 more than any other weapons? My "gripe" or "bias" is a result of a combination of factors with SIG.

    I have no doubt you know I meant you're biased against sig striker fired pistols, and I'm obviously aware of your "PPS" striker fired pistol username. Complete deflection on your part with the above paragraph.


    As I have said, I have SC weapons and NONE other than the SIGs seem to suffer from striker drag. Sig initially blew it off as nothing but, funny, precisely what I and other said was likely from a mechanical engineering perspective did in fact keep (as in REPEATEDLY) getting reported - strikers were breaking [gasp]. SIG handled the Army contract weapons differently from civilian. How? They quietly replaced the non-drop safe parts in the USArmy contract weapons and only did so on the civilian weapons when it got to be an issue.

    It's irrelevant that YOUR small pistols don't show striker drag because that's a very limited sample size, and because as I stated previously it flies in the face of all the readily available facts that show striker drag to be very common in small pistols including walthers, many of which are on video at you tube and a few other video sites. You intentionally choose to ignore those facts because they don't support your false narrative.

    Perhaps the biggest disservice you do here is to continue to repeat the debunked cause of the broken strikers- which was brittle metal and not the striker design itself. We've known the broken P 365 strikers were from a fairly narrow period of time in the late spring of 2018, and that after the striker revision in june 2018 the broken strikers fell to a trickle. We and you know that to be factual because you're a member at one or both of the sig forums and that's been talked about ad nauseam, and we know you didn't miss any of it based on your high level of interest in denigrating the P 365.

    It's petty and immature that you keep repeating that debunked information simply because you have a bias against sig striker fired pistols and sig USA. On the P 365 and P 320 you lack any real credibility because you choose to ignore the obvious, widely known, and easily found facts that disprove your disinformation. Again, why don't you post these same comments at the two sig forums- are you afraid they'll disprove your points in a much more enthusiastic fashion, and refer you to the facts?!




    Reply in red.
    Struckat likes this.
    "If you're in a gunfight there's no such thing as enough ammo, and your gunfight will only last as long as your ammo." - Clint Smith

    "There are only two times you can carry too much ammo, when you're drowning or on fire."
    - Mike Hughes of Gunsite

  13. #27
    VIP Member
    Array ShooterGranny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Southeast USA
    Posts
    6,878
    Back to the original post regarding SIG customer service. Both Gramps and I have SIG's - mine are P238's. His are/were P320's although one got sold and one is still for sale. I also briefly had a P250 in .380 but that is way off topic.

    When Gramps called SIG customer service about the ghastly P250, he got the runaround big time. Then, finally the woman CS agent told him to buy a new front sight - but what she said to buy was totally the wrong size and would have made the problem twice as bad as it was from the factory.

    On the + side, when he called SIG about returning the two P320's for the "voluntary" drop safe fix, they were very accommodating and sent a prepaid return label. I'm suspecting that it depends on what person answers the phone when you call.

    And my personal feeling about SIG quality is that their metal guns are great - the plastic ones not so much, EVEN THOUGH there is an enormous group of P365 lovers. Definitely not anti-plastic: We have some plastic guns that function perfectly well. They are made by Glock and also by S&W. Not familiar with other brands of plastic.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

    ==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

  14. #28
    Member Array Big Western's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
    ... As for Walther, good for you. The problem is that there are 5 recalls in the past 20 years. 3 of the 5 you cite are years ago. The PPS M2 and the CCP (which I have criticized many times) have current recalls, both voluntary and not following outcries from vocal online sources, on them. Bottom line for me is that Walther makes 1) fewer design errors and 2) handles them much better. Enjoy your Glocks.
    In point of fact, the oldest walther recall isn't nearly 20 years old: "This recall applies to all walther PPK and PPK/S pistols manufactured by Smith & Wesson from March 21, 2002, until February 3, 2009." S&W and walther didn't discover it until 2009 so that's only 11 years ago, almost half of the 20 years you claim.

    The next oldest, the PK380 recall is for pistols made from May 2012 to September 2012. less than eight years ago.

    The CCP recall was March 2017 and the PPS recall was fall of 2018.

    It's obvious you made an error on the timeline of the five walther pistol recalls. Also, walther has always had a much smaller selection of pistols than sig, so the math seems to indicate that walther actually has a higher rate and number of pistol design flaws, and not fewer. That's five different walther pistols that are recalled for potential drop firing and firing even with safety engaged.

    I think for the sake of the gun community and integrity, we need to state the actual reasons we have an issue with something, and NOT intentionally repeat known debunked information just because we think it'll do the most damage to that which we have a bias against.
    https://waltherarms.com/2019/09/03/w...rms-recalls-2/
    "If you're in a gunfight there's no such thing as enough ammo, and your gunfight will only last as long as your ammo." - Clint Smith

    "There are only two times you can carry too much ammo, when you're drowning or on fire."
    - Mike Hughes of Gunsite

  15. #29
    VIP Member Array G26Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Southwest
    Posts
    7,551
    I've had two pistols worked on at Sig and both of my experiences have been excellent. I have yet to experience a problem with any of the Sig firearms I own. This includes two P229s, a P225, a P365, and one MPX.
    Big Western likes this.
    I'm with Joe Biden - you can't have 50 clips in a weapon!
    Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.
    We are ALL Virginians!

  16. #30
    Senior Member Array beebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    FarLeft NY
    Posts
    941
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    Back to the original post regarding SIG customer service. Both Gramps and I have SIG's - mine are P238's. His are/were P320's although one got sold and one is still for sale. I also briefly had a P250 in .380 but that is way off topic.

    When Gramps called SIG customer service about the ghastly P250, he got the runaround big time. Then, finally the woman CS agent told him to buy a new front sight - but what she said to buy was totally the wrong size and would have made the problem twice as bad as it was from the factory.



    On the + side, when he called SIG about returning the two P320's for the "voluntary" drop safe fix, they were very accommodating and sent a prepaid return label. I'm suspecting that it depends on what person answers the phone when you call.

    And my personal feeling about SIG quality is that their metal guns are great - the plastic ones not so much, EVEN THOUGH there is an enormous group of P365 lovers. Definitely not anti-plastic: We have some plastic guns that function perfectly well. They are made by Glock and also by S&W. Not familiar with other brands of plastic.

    Actually I had been thinking the same think.. It was getting late in the day, i waited FOREVER to get to talk to someone was on hold for close to 1/2 hour.. I may just have gotten the wrong guy at the wrong time.. I dunno.. I am probably spoiled by the CS I get from Ruger... bob
    ShooterGranny likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •