Compact 9mm bug. - Page 4

Compact 9mm bug.

This is a discussion on Compact 9mm bug. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Rotorflyr Not saying you can't become as accurate with the 365 as you are with the 938, but I think I'd rather ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Compact 9mm bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorflyr View Post
    Not saying you can't become as accurate with the 365 as you are with the 938, but I think I'd rather have a few less rounds in a more accurate gun, then a few more in a less accurate gun
    Youve got a point, but with the 938 I can shoot the buttons off the bad guys jacket. With the 365, they rounds are all inside of a coffee saucer. When bad guys are running in groups, Id rather be able to hit more of them in the coffee saucer than less of them on their jacket button. Maybe a lil more practice with the 365 is what I need. But yeah, I do love my 938...it makes me look real good at the range.
    MMinSC and 5lima30ret like this.

New Member Array TigerOnTheHill's Avatar
    I am looking for a compact 9mm backup gun to carry in pocket or iwb. I am looking at the sig p365 or the g43, probably leaning towards the 365. Any other suggestions for a compact, lightweight backup?
    I think the first question for you to answer is "how are you going to carry the gun?" If its IWB, either the G43, P365 or any other of the numerous single stack 9's would be a good candidate. On the other hand, if you're going to carry in the pocket, I don't think either the P365 nor G43 would be your best choice. For pocket carry, I think your best choices would be the Kahr CM9/PM9 and others like the Keltec PF9, Ruger LC9, Bond Arms bullpup and Beretta Nano. The PF9 was one of my first cc guns. It shot well and never gave me any trouble, but a few years ago I decided to upgrade to the Kahr CM9. The Kahr satisfies my needs for a pocket gun, unless I'm wearing jeans. Then I cc a Kahr CW380. I've also got a Kimber Micro 9, but I carry it IWB. I worry its external hammer or beavertail grip might snag during a draw from the pocket. I prefer the right (dominant hand) front pocket for pocket carry.
    franco45 likes this.

Wow. The SIG 365 is a hair smaller than my Walther PPS. I'm impressed. And now I'm mad at you folks for tricking me into gun shopping.

I wouldn't place the PPS (or SIG 365) in the pocket carry category. I have a S&W 442 for the pocket. But I'd like to try the SIG at 1:00 IWB.
    MMinSC likes this.
    Psalm 144:1

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I wouldn't worry about single stack vs double stack or any of that.

Get the biggest gun you carry comfortably and fits your hand.

I cannot do single stacks because they just do not fit my hand. I like the slightly wider double stack.

I regularly conceal carry a Sar B6c 13 round 9mm which is a clone of the CZ75 compact. It has a 3.8 inch barrel yet with the proper holster you can carry it appendix if you wish. I am a left handed person so I carry "appendix" on my left side. Not sure what that would be called as I know there's no appendix on that side, but point is, guns that some people will tell you are too large to carry because they do not find them comfortable to carry that way may or may not apply to you.

Part of the fun is figuring out what works for you.

The only type of carry I hated was Small of Back. No matter what I did, I could not make it comfortable.

YMMV
    Rotorflyr likes this.

If I was looking for a small 9mm I would pick the Nano hands down. 6+1 or 8+1 and supposedly the softest recoil impulse of any small 9mm. Almost identical in size to the Kahr CM9. I have a Beretta Pico and its the highest quality polymer pocket gun I have owned.
    https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/...no-vs-kahr-cm9
    Rotorflyr likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Rotorflyr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gunenthusiast View Post
    Price didn't matter for me, so I carry Bober ("shorty): 9mm, 7+1, front pocket, plus two spare mags in back pocket. I'm pretty good with it, better than with other similar size guns. It is a "bullpup", so it has a punch of compact in a size on mousegun. Recoil is en par with compact, all mouse guns I tried kick my wrist much harder. These days it is made by Bond Arms.
    Have you found it to be as ammo finicky as some reports say it is?
    (or have you just stuck to the "recommended ammo list"?)
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Sponsored Links