Just rented and shot 3 small 9mmís; Not impressed. - Page 2

Just rented and shot 3 small 9mmís; Not impressed.

This is a discussion on Just rented and shot 3 small 9mmís; Not impressed. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott I have a Glock 43....its ok, but nothing to write home about. I might humbly suggest you try the P365, ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree187Likes

Thread: Just rented and shot 3 small 9mmís; Not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    I have a Glock 43....its ok, but nothing to write home about.

I might humbly suggest you try the P365, with the regular sights. I found it a tack driver, no failures, and actually pretty soft shooting for a small pistol.
    Its not for me, itís for the wife, but thatís a good suggestion.

She held the 365 and the 43, and neither fit her hand well. The only reason I tried the 43 was to satisfy my own curiosity.

For the wife, it seems that with her small hands and short finger reach, the only thing that fits in her hand correctly and stays in line with her arm when she puts her finger on the trigger is a 1911 style trigger/platform type.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

Trigger slap, that is a very mysterious thing. My Sonís XDS45 slaps my trigger finger so bad I wonít ever shoot it again. But for him nothing.

On the CZ forum it is reported on various models, all of which I have owned, but none slapped my trigger finger. I have no explanation.
    G-man* likes this.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

Yup, my wife bought an early G43 without having the opportunity to try one first...hated it. Too snappy for her. I ended up selling it as it did nothing better than my G26.

Iím not surprised sheís looking for a lighter-weight option, as a 1911 is a lot of weight to haul around in a purse, on top of everything else ladies put in there.

Wish you both luck in your quest.
    G-man* and Wavygravy like this.
    Carry a sidearm always. Be able to put shots into the torso and then head, if needed. The rest is much less important.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 5lima30ret View Post
    Has your wife tried the P-238? They are some of the softest and best shooting .380's out there! They can be very accurate as well! Good Luck G-Man!
    Im going to let her try the 938 for herself and see what she thinks. If thatís not going to do it for her, we will step up some in size to something like an EMP or Officer size 9mm.

Im thinking she will find her sweet spot in the latter two. But we shall see.....

Gonna be a fun journey:)
    -Jeff Cooper

-Joe Foss

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Yup, my wife bought an early G43 without having the opportunity to try one first...hated it. Too snappy for her. I ended up selling it as it did nothing better than my G26.

Iím not surprised sheís looking for a lighter-weight option, as a 1911 is a lot of weight to haul around in a purse, on top of everything else ladies put in there.

Wish you both luck in your quest.
    My thoughts also. I wish she would just take my g26, but she likes the safetyís on a 1911.

I really didnít anticipate this much of a process until she really started training and carrying.
    -Jeff Cooper

-Joe Foss

Quote Originally Posted by Struckat View Post
    Trigger slap, that is a very mysterious thing. My Sonís XDS45 slaps my trigger finger so bad I wonít ever shoot it again. But for him nothing.

On the CZ forum it is reported on various models, all of which I have owned, but none slapped my trigger finger. I have no explanation.
    I use to scoff at the idea of trigger slap; until today when it became a reality.
    10thmtn and Struckat like this.
    -Jeff Cooper

-Joe Foss

I have the Kimber Micro-9 and the Sig P-938 and of the two the Sig is the most comfortable to shoot. Although they are just about the same size for some reason the Kimber tends to pound the web of my hand becoming uncomfortable long before the Sig. As others have said I find the Sig to be much more accurate in my hands.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

Quote Originally Posted by G-man* View Post
    My thoughts also. I wish she would just take my g26, but she likes the safetyís on a 1911.

I really didnít anticipate this much of a process until she really started training and carrying.
    I just wish I could get mine to even try to shoot. There are a number of sweet 22s here to try, but no. Stubborn Norwegian, I even tried the daughter-in-law angle. Nope.

Now that we are empty nesters, I worry even more when I am not here. I fear it will take a good scare to motivate her.
    G-man* and Chaplain Scott like this.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

My wife prefers in this order: G43, 938 (the one with the big black grips and night sites), Defender in 45 acp. She she shoots them all well. She does not complain about the recoil of the Defender, she doesn't like the weight. Going 9mm wouldn't help with that.

Her favorite guns are a 642 with the lazer grips, and lcp (because it is small and easy to conceal).
    Old Man likes this.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    My wife prefers in this order: G43, 938 (the one with the big black grips and night sites), Defender in 45 acp. She she shoots them all well. She does not complain about the recoil of the Defender, she doesn't like the weight. Going 9mm wouldn't help with that.

Her favorite guns are a 642 with the lazer grips, and lcp (because it is small and easy to conceal).
    Supposedly those Hogue rubber grips make a big difference.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Only little guns I've shot that hurt after a few mags were the bodyguard in .380 and my p64 in 9x18. That's mainly with some Chinese ammo someone gave me. I can shoot 100s of rounds through my 9mm and .45 shields and not be bothered.

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    My niece prefers the .40 over the 9mm. Whatever works for her.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

Senior Member Array Bubblehead751's Avatar
    I highly recommend the LC9s Pro. This shoots very nicely. My wife and I both shoot it better than any other pistol we own. Very similar to the 43. My wife just liked the feel of it in her hand over the shield and 43. We have never even shot it with the mag extension.

Worth looking at to compare to the 43.

Hope you all find the one that is right for you.
    Walk Soft likes this.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Mountaineers are Always Free!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblehead751 View Post
    I highly recommend the LC9s Pro. This shoots very nicely. My wife and I both shoot it better than any other pistol we own. Very similar to the 43. My wife just liked the feel of it in her hand over the shield and 43. We have never even shot it with the mag extension.

Worth looking at to compare to the 43.

Hope you all find the one that is right for you.
    She was never interested in the 43, I shot that for my own curiosity.

So unless the LC9 has a thumb and grip safety with a SA trigger, it is disqualified.
    -Jeff Cooper

-Joe Foss

Maybe the 938 stoked with Critical Defense lite?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -screenshot_20200113-190052_gallery_1578963672924.jpg  

Wavygravy likes this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links