Looking for a softer shooting 380 subcompact - Page 2

Looking for a softer shooting 380 subcompact

This is a discussion on Looking for a softer shooting 380 subcompact within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 5lima30ret Have you tried the LCP II? To be there isn't that big of a difference but some feel it is softer ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Thread: Looking for a softer shooting 380 subcompact

Quote Originally Posted by 5lima30ret View Post
    Have you tried the LCP II? To be there isn't that big of a difference but some feel it is softer shooting. The Sig P-238 is by and large one of the most accurate and easy shooting .380's in my book. Good luck!
    Yea, what he said! I'm with the rest Sig P238 all the way.
    5lima30ret and Gabill like this.
    "Anyone who will tear down sports will tear down America.
    Sports and Religion have made America what it is today. -- Woody Hayes"

I recently read the Walther CCP M2 is coming out in a .380 version.
    They say easy to rack and soft shooting.

https://waltherarms.com/ccp-m2-380/

I have a CCP M1 and it is a nice CC gun. I have had no issues with it. Great feel in hand. As far as felt recoil with the 9mm? I can't tell.
    Then again, I don't find our EC/LC9s guns snappy either.

I think the softest shooting 380 is called a 32.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    I also have both the Glock 42 and the SIG P238. The Glock has more perceived recoil than the SIG does and it also has a more "difficult" trigger, being somewhat gritty. The SIG trigger is SMOOTH............really smooth. The SIG is very easy to rack. The Glock is not. Neither of these are micro pistols, however.

Met a new man at our club range last week and he mentioned he has a Bodyguard .380 and absolutely hates it because the recoil is so nasty. It is (was) his only pistol. He doesn't shoot much but when he does it seems to be his .22 rifle. I let him shoot my P238 and he could not believe how much nicer it was to shoot than that Bodyguard.

Different strokes for different folks, and perceived recoil is whatever YOU perceive it to be in your own hands.
    Last edited by ShooterGranny; January 24th, 2020 at 12:02 PM.
    Old Man, Gabill, G-man* and 1 others like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

The P380 and RM380 are both comfortable to shoot. The P380 is more accurate.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    S&W M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9
    Kel-Tec KSG - S&W M686+

Sig P 238 for certain.. Its so easy to operate, easy to shoot all day without fatigue, easy to carry, reliable[they eat anything] and just super accurate...

I was rotating 3 small pistols for everyday carry- Sig 938, Keltec P32, and my recently purchased Beretta Bobcat.
    Found a smokin'deal on a P238 2 tone stainless, and it arrived today, END of rotation.. The Sig P238 is the one I wanted all along.. my wife has carried a p238 for years, after trying others, and wants nothing to do with any other carry weapon... The Sig p238 is simply the best made, best shooting small .380 out there for my money...bob

I carried the SIG 238 for a few years and then stepped to the SIG 938, Big brother of the 238 but in 9mm. both are a pleasure to shoot. I pocket carry the 938 every day.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

I'm not sure if price is an option but I've always been a Sig fan. The 238 is a sweet shooter. If price is an option Bersa is also an option. I know these are not a very popular pick by some, but my wife and I each have one and have yet to have a failure.

Distinguished Member Array ETXhiker's Avatar
    At the risk of getting another "Kahrs are unreliable" thing going, I have a Kahr CW380 that I love. The recoil and magazine springs were very stiff at first, but after leaving the slide locked back and the mags loaded for a few days, it ran great. It is the easiest to shoot really small .380 I have tried - it has decent sights and shoot quite soft for only weighing 10 oz. empty. The Sig 238 is a great little gun for sure, but the Kahr is a little smaller...and cheaper.
    "There are some ideas that are so wrong, only a very intelligent person could believe them." - George Orwell

UPDATE: Took your advice and got a P238. It is much nicer to shoot than the trusty LCP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array MB53's Avatar
    My daughter in law got a new Kimber Raptor Micro 380 a couple of weeks ago and she loves it.
    ETXhiker likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenncvol View Post
    UPDATE: Took your advice and got a P238. It is much nicer to shoot than the trusty LCP.
    CONGRATULATIONS on your excellent purchase!

Each time I come home from the range, having shot one of my P238's and at least a couple other guns, I know without any doubt that keeping a P238 as my carry gun is absolutely the right choice.

And another interesting tidbit: My (midle aged) son decided he needed to get a gun for home defense because of the way things are going in his formerly very nice area. He went to a good range and took private lessons from an most excellent teacher. He shot a bunch of different guns, but in showing me his targets he pointed to one exceptional grouping and said his teacher said, "THERE is your carry gun!!!" It was a P238.

He's not ready to carry yet so he bought other guns to keep learning on. But I will not be a bit surprised if he decides to add the P238 Scorpion to his collection. He sure did drool over mine when he was here for show and tell (and shooting).
    ETXhiker likes this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

The only 380s I have are a early LCP and the old Colt Government model. The Colt is simlar the the Sig 238. The Colt is a good shooter.
    5lima30ret and ETXhiker like this.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

.22LR
    Doghandler likes this.

The first .380 I ever shot back in the very early 80's was a Beretta 1934. Recoil wasn't much different than the 3" S&W model 36 my wife had at the time. Not recommending it, it's just that it was pretty unique at the time.
    Glad you found the P238 and like it. I almost bought one myself and would have if they weren't so high.Name:  download (6).jpg
Views: 97
Size:  5.9 KB
    ETXhiker likes this.
    MACV Advisory Team 75, HQ'd in My Tho at the "Seminary", 1967-1969

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links