Looking for a softer shooting 380 subcompact - Page 3

Looking for a softer shooting 380 subcompact

This is a discussion on Looking for a softer shooting 380 subcompact within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by franco45 I tried several small 380s and settled on the RM380. It's a little wider and a little heavier than most of ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Looking for a softer shooting 380 subcompact

Quote Originally Posted by franco45 View Post
    I tried several small 380s and settled on the RM380. It's a little wider and a little heavier than most of the polymer offerings. The result is a soft shooting but still easy to conceal pocket gun.
    Agreed. Very nice little gun for the $$. Just bought this new one for $199.99, and it came with FIVE magazines!
    Looking for a softer shooting 380 subcompact-985401dd-c084-4411-97fb-67bd7242c570.jpeg
    franco45, GMC, drmordo and 2 others like this.
    It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress.
    - Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar (Mark Twain)

sig p238 is indeed a nice shooter if you like to carry a semiauto pistol with one in the chamber, cocked & locked, which i donít. i recently got a taurus spectrum to which i added hogue beavertail grips, $125 + $10 well spent and also a soft shooter, much nicer than a ruger lcp.

Looking for a softer shooting 380 subcompact-4c7f02e9-a0a3-4f92-a1fc-cad9d90e7fa5.jpeg

Colt Mustang
    5lima30ret likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

GMC
    Really like my RM380. Great little shooter. Much better than an LCP or Bodyguard IMHO.
    I'd be tempted to buy another one at $199 with 5 magazines!!
    I also have an extended magazine, which is nice with the extra grip and +1.

BHC
    Walther PK380 is a very soft shooting, accurate firearm. My favorite handgun for just "shoot'n".

If you still have the LCP, the Hogue Handall Hybrid grip makes a huge difference in shooting comfort.
    https://www.amazon.com/Hogue-Handall...s%2C174&sr=8-2
    5lima30ret likes this.

Softest shooting .380 ACP that is similar in size and weight to the LCP is the Kahr CW380.

It will not shoot any of the exotic ammo because of the feed ramp design. It will shoot 95 gr fmj, XTP and Critical Defense without issue.
    Kilowatt3 and Texron like this.

I found the Beretta Pico to be very soft shooting relative to some other pocket 380s.
    forester58 likes this.
    Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none. ~Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
    Softest shooting .380 ACP that is similar in size and weight to the LCP is the Kahr CW380.

It will not shoot any of the exotic ammo because of the feed ramp design. It will shoot 95 gr fmj, XTP and Critical Defense without issue.

Mine has shot everything I've fed it except Perfecta fmj. Not a hiccup one with anything else. It is definitely a soft shooter, and extremely accurate for it's extra small size.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Looking for a softer shooting 380 subcompact-screenshot_20200208-165124_gallery_1581202321084.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by rlggray View Post

Mine has shot everything I've fed it except Perfecta fmj. Not a hiccup one with anything else. It is definitely a soft shooter, and extremely accurate for it's extra small size.
    Most guys have trouble with the screwdriver tip stuff.

VIP Member

Agreed!

My CW380 is a whole lot softer-shooting than either the P3AT or the LCP. I dunno about the "exotic ammo", because I don't fool with it. I've had problems in all my .380's with steel-cased ammo, so I don't fool with it, either. I stick with name-brand FMJ for practice, and Hornady XTP for carry. No problems with either.

Quote Originally Posted by rlggray View Post
    +1 on the soft shooting and accuracy!

"Most guys" don't waste their time with gimmick ammo!
    5lima30ret and Texron like this.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dares not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnie View Post
    Colt Mustang
    I fully agree! I sometimes carry a Colt Mustang MKIV and the recoil is predictable and easily handled.
    "Fiel pero desdichado"
    Loyal but unfortunate.

family Motto of Winston Churchill

Senior Member Array Well_Regulated's Avatar
    Have you tried changing the grip? I've heard good things of the Hogue Handall changing the way an LCP / LCP II shoots enormously.
    5lima30ret likes this.
    You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post

Agreed!

"Most guys" don't waste their time with gimmick ammo!
    That's what I meant by "Exotic".
    Kilowatt3 likes this.

Kahr CT380. I've found it to be very good. 7+1, shoots nice and easy to carry and conceal.
    A .380 in your pocket is better than a .45 at home.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links