New Sig P238...

New Sig P238...

This is a discussion on New Sig P238... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This one... Stainless upper.. Comes with 2 REALLY cheap looking crappy grips, grey and pink... ugh.. I think thats why they were blowing them out ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: New Sig P238...

New Sig P238...

This one... Stainless upper.. Comes with 2 REALLY cheap looking crappy grips, grey and pink... ugh.. I think thats why they were blowing them out at $369!.. No one wanted those grip colors, but thats the way they were boxed up at Sig.....
    Mine has the fiber optic sights, with the same model with night sights for $379.. I ordered Sig brown walnut grips, and this will be what my gun looks like once installed..

btw, in case anyone is interested, this same online store is selling the Sig Nitron P238 with night vision sights,2 mags for $299.. they are Law enforcement trade in, that go back to Sig for new models.. Sig goes through them, cleaning,replacing, refurbishing anything that might need it, and they are factory certified for resale. Come with a year guarantee.. Great way to get into a Sig P238 for short dollars... I just went to the site I bought from, and saw that deal.. I might have went with that at that price if i saw it first, but I am not that hot over all black guns...Anyway, my new P238 isn't the absolute most handsome P238, but its pretty close, and I didn't have to spend $700-800 like my wife spent for her "Desert Tan" P238... bob

I think it is great looking Bob.

And wow I thought you deal was great too.

It is hard to pass up that CPO 238 for $299 also.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

VIP Member
    Congratulations on your purchase. Every time you post about that deal I am sorely tempted to order one, but I have to keep telling myself, "I do NOT NEED a third P238 - I do NOT - I do NOT......"
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array drmordo's Avatar
    Pretty gun!

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    Congratulations on your purchase. Every time you post about that deal I am sorely tempted to order one, but I have to keep telling myself, "I do NOT NEED a third P238 - I do NOT - I do NOT......"
    I'm the same way. I don't even carry the one I have, but getting another for $299 is dang tempting.

For that price, you could probably get ivory grips and still be in the black. Nicely done. Would love to see the before and after grips if'n you're feeling generous when the time comes.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    For that price, you could probably get ivory grips and still be in the black. Nicely done. Would love to see the before and after grips if'n you're feeling generous when the time comes.
    Here is the pic with grey grips.. I refuse to even look at a P238 with pink grips, but as you can see they are pictured as well... Er umm,, I think the wood grips look a BIT better,,,, Like I said, these were probably sales poison with those grips, and hence the price blowout..

If you scroll back to this same gun with the walnut grips, the difference is pretty stark.. It goes from a real Plain Jane to a pretty classy looking carry piece... bob
    BigJon10125 likes this.

I agree that the grey grips also suck. Good choice with the wood grips.

If you want to si and enjoy looking at some very beautiful(yet costly) grips, this guy is great:

https://www.highfiguregrips.com/sig-sauer-p238-grips

The mammoth would be sweet.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    WRONG ANSWER SG...... YES YOU DO..... just sayin'.
    “Let your soul shine. It's better than sunshine, It's better than moonshine
    and it’s Damn sure better than rain” …… Warren Haynes

Great buy on a great gun. Congrats.
    “Let your soul shine. It's better than sunshine, It's better than moonshine
    and it’s Damn sure better than rain” …… Warren Haynes

I have shot one of those. I was surprised how well I could hit with it.

VIP Member
    btw, in case anyone is interested, this same online store is selling the Sig Nitron P238 with night vision sights,2 mags for $299.
    I call myself as having read all the posts, but for the life of me I'm not seeing which "online store" is selling this. I have a stainless P238 (since discontinued), but would like to have a lighter weight one.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Senior Member Array buckshotshorty's Avatar
    I love the 238 it is my favorite 380 pistol. Lightweight, accurate, and 100% reliable. Who can ask for anything more in a pocket pistol?
    ShooterGranny and hfjeff like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post
    I call myself as having read all the posts, but for the life of me I'm not seeing which "online store" is selling this. I have a stainless P238 (since discontinued), but would like to have a lighter weight one.
    Here is the link to the page with the ugly grip model
    https://www.cdnnsports.com/sig-sauer...U#.Xit_B7fQhPY
    as posted in beebee's original post on this subject.

OOPS - I see that beebee already posted it.
    spclopr8tr likes this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Distinguished Member Array drmordo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post
    I don't think there is a lighter weight P238. I think they are all the same weight.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links