PSA Dagger

PSA Dagger

This is a discussion on PSA Dagger within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looks like a interesting pistol Palmetto State Armory PS9 Dagger: $300 Glock Killer [UPDATED]...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: PSA Dagger

PSA Dagger

Its almost like there is a gun similar, except its competitor has nearly 40 year service record that is as lauded as any other firearm design in history and has become the absolute gold standard all other handguns in the world are judged against, and costs the same on the used market as this does new.

Its almost like... Some would say theres no point to this gun when there is an endless supply of $350 LE trade in Glocks.

$299 and you get traditional rifling and metal sights? That does not sound like a bad thing to me.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I find the Dagger interesting but I get blue label Glock pricing, so I will stick with the original.
    5lima30ret likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck808 View Post
    Its almost like there is a gun similar, except its competitor has nearly 40 year service record that is as lauded as any other firearm design in history and has become the absolute gold standard all other handguns in the world are judged against, and costs the same on the used market as this does new.

Its almost like... Some would say theres no point to this gun when there is an endless supply of $350 LE trade in Glocks.
    Got any links to the endless supply of gen4 LE trade in glocks at that price?
    dp1911 likes this.
    And the old man said, "We'll see..."

This pistol just *might* be the first plastic pistol I keep in my collection as I purchased a glock many years ago and have not considered another since. I will wait for some detailed reviews and range reports before I look into buying one though.

Takes Glock mags, trigger group...pretty much everything is interchangable with G19 Gen3, better grip shape and texture, barrel has traditional rifling (lead is a go), SS recoil spring, forward slide serrations, metal sights, factory trigger guard undercut (that unless done on a Glock will give a raw spot on middle finger after 300-500 rds) - with a lifetime warranty - for $300! Yeah, sign me up!

I called Palmetto yesterday hoping to get on their pre order list, but they don't have one.
    I've heard they're supposed to come out in March

PSA Dagger-ps9-dagger.jpg
    MMinSC and OldChap like this.

Have Glock's patents expired so other manufacturers can copy them and sell them now? Like the 1911? I remember when S&W got their ass sued off by Glock for the Sigma, and their design wasn't nearly as close to a Glock as this PSA
    If you use JP-8, then it's technically not waterboarding

Quote Originally Posted by HotBrass45 View Post
    Have Glock's patents expired so other manufacturers can copy them and sell them now? Like the 1911? I remember when S&W got their ass sued off by Glock for the Sigma, and their design wasn't nearly as close to a Glock as this PSA
    They have on the gen 3's - not gen 4 & 5
    MMinSC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dp1911 View Post
    They have on the gen 3's - not gen 4 & 5
    Makes sense. I noticed one of the makers of aftermarket GLock parts recently just started selling complete pistols. Those are gen3 as well.
    dp1911 and OldChap like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dp1911 View Post
    Takes Glock mags, trigger group...pretty much everything is interchangable with G19 Gen3, better grip shape and texture, barrel has traditional rifling (lead is a go), SS recoil spring, forward slide serrations, metal sights, factory trigger guard undercut (that unless done on a Glock will give a raw spot on middle finger after 300-500 rds) - with a lifetime warranty - for $300! Yeah, sign me up!

I called Palmetto yesterday hoping to get on their pre order list, but they don't have one.
    I've heard they're supposed to come out in March

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PS9 Dagger.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	311810
    It does seem like they made the improvements that people want in a more modern poly gun. I guess it will still have Glocky trigger though since those parts are the same. I am guessing these might be hard to come by if they are good guns. Hopefully PSA will keep some in the stores and not sell out online so the people here that support them can take a look.
    dp1911 and OldChap like this.

VIP Member
    This is awesome. I wish PSA would focus on pickup truck, clone manufacturing. That’d keep Ford and Toyota honest. The message here is pretty clear; Glock, your price point is too high and the party’s over.

I hope the Dagger is dependable cause PSA is banking a lot on this. If they fail, their future will be much different than if they’d never had a go at this.
    MMinSC, Wavygravy, dp1911 and 1 others like this.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

It still has the 5.5# trigger, but it is hinged (some like it, some hate it) and supposedly flattens about 90% when depressed.

That's what I'm thinking - I see them flying off the shelves in store and online. That would be nice to get hands on before buying, but for $300 and what I've seen on them so far, I'm in. I'd even stay up til 0001 Mar 1 to get my bid in
    MMinSC and OldChap like this.

Quote Originally Posted by svgheartland View Post
    This is awesome. I wish PSA would focus on pickup truck, clone manufacturing. That’d keep Ford and Toyota honest. The message here is pretty clear; Glock, your price point is too high and the party’s over.

I hope the Dagger is dependable cause PSA is banking a lot on this. If they fail, their future will be much different than if they’d never had a go at this.
    Pickup truck clones is a great idea. The cost of a new truck is crazy and they are too fancy to actually use for any work purposes. For that money, I would just get a BMW.
    A nice simple pickup would be great. Something like the 1980s F-150-Bench seat with vinyl, AC, radio.

Anyone else think the name is kinda stupid?

Dagger?

It is totally not a dagger. Why not name it Fork. It isn't a fork either.

Unless they mean it is going to be a dagger through the heart of Glock's sales. In which case this thing better work.
    Tstone, drmordo and BigJon10125 like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links