New Sig 365 - Could not pass up the deal and timing was perfect

This is a discussion on New Sig 365 - Could not pass up the deal and timing was perfect within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A few years back I had a Kahr CW9 and for some reason sold it. I always thought it was the perfect overall size, weight, ...

Like Tree30Likes
  • 9 Post By hfjeff
  • 4 Post By gnius
  • 3 Post By wondering
  • 3 Post By hfjeff
  • 3 Post By gnius
  • 4 Post By DZUS
  • 2 Post By 5lima30ret
  • 2 Post By 1gunsnowbird

Thread: New Sig 365 - Could not pass up the deal and timing was perfect

A few years back I had a Kahr CW9 and for some reason sold it. I always thought it was the perfect overall size, weight, and grip length. I missed it and was actually looking to get another one.

If you are in the upper Mid-West, you are familiar with Fleet Farm. It is a combination of Wal-Mart, Cabelas, and Tractor Supply all in one. They had a special recently: Free extended 12 rd mag and case with purchase:

Well they were out of the mags and cases (while supplies last). So they offered $55 off as that is the value of the mag and case. Then if you apply for the Fleet Farm Visa, you get 10% off your 1st purchase. Well I had a $50 rebate gift card from a previous Black Friday purchase so all of these discounts combined made for a deal I could not pass up.

Spent some time cleaning and getting ready to put in rotation. I could not believe how dirty the flush mag was. But all is good now and ready to go. Just need to figure out what holster. Very pleased.
    flh, Kilowatt3, drmordo and 6 others like this.

I have to admit that when I bought one I had my doubts. I didn't like the original front sight, and I needed some training because of the shallow grip angle you stop pointing low. But now this is by far my favorite carry gun. I can shoot it almost as well as my full size PPQ, meaning I can reliably shoot 12G shot shells from 15 yards. It's small, comfortable, and incredibly soft shooting. I carry it in a Black Arch holster for all day comfort.

Here's the sight upgrade picture

Same here. I thought I would just carry my P365 when I needed deep concealment, but it's just too comfortable so I carry it most of the time. I use a High Noon Instinct Lite IWB holster.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Funny you mention the PPQ. I have one also and it is my range gun and by far my favorite. My son has a 365 and we go to the range together and shot his many times. However, the last time at the range I shot his 365 better than my PPQ! That helped sway my decision. The one thing I did not like about the CW9 was the loooooonnnnggggg trigger pull which the 365 does not have. He did the Flat XL trigger mod and likes that better than the stock 365 curved trigger so I may look at that also. What sight upgrade is that? That is definitely an improvement.

Ameriglo AR-AP-AMOUUFR-SG-212-230-GR
    Got it from Optics Planet:
    https://www.opticsplanet.com/amerigl...s-outline.html

Needs a sight pusher for installation, but was relatively easy all things considered. It's the same height as the OEM sight, so I left the rear sight alone. Shoots point of aim with 124gr ammo.

With regards to the PPQ, it's extraordinarily high quality, extremely ergonomic, and points naturally for me, and is a laser in terms of accuracy, but because of the high bore axis it has more flip than it should. It's also larger than a 15 round magazine firearm should be, it's more than 0.5 inches taller than a G19 and it shows in terms of concealability. At this point, given that I am not interested in carrying a full size handgun, I only really use it for training, range and home defense. It's certainly the gun I want to shoot if I'm going to put 500+ rounds downrange in a day.

Distinguished Member Array DZUS's Avatar
    I do like my P365. It's my second one, as I traded my first one in on a later model when they finally came with an optional mechanical safety.

Who knew such a small pistol could shoot so well?

Glad you like your new piece, looks as if you got a good deal.
    Armed And Harmless
    ----
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

That's a pretty good deal! I paid $449 at Academy right before Christmas but did not get the extra 12 rd mag and only got the standard Sig hard plastic case and (2) 10 round mags. Sig mags are pricey
    1gunsnowbird and Kilowatt3 like this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Senior Member Array 1gunsnowbird's Avatar
    OP - Oh Yeah, I know about Fleet Farm; in fact, I spent much of last summer drooling over the 365s in their gun case at the Fergus Falls, MN store. Little did they know at FF, but I'd already bought one in AZ before we migrated north for the summer and it was waiting for me at the LGS. I picked it up the day after we returned in September and shot it in an IDPA match a week later. The gun did very well; the shooter, not so much, but I was impressed with the accuracy of the little guy.

Flash forward to now, and I've shot a P365 in several IDPA and BUG matches and we are becoming 'one' with each other. I even picked up three of the 15-round mags and shot it in a USPSA match. We were far from winning, but we held our own and I got quite a few positive comments about actually daring to show up at a USPSA match with my CC gun and holster (IWB kydex at 3:30). Last weekend I shot it in a sanctioned IDPA match and the gun performed flawlessly; it was my old eyes that let me down and I had some issues with getting a quick sight alignment leaning left around some barricades still don't know why that happened on a few occasions but not every time with similar shots.

All-in-all, I am totally sold on my Sig, after 15 years of experimenting with lots of 9mm and .40 caliber Glocks. A couple weeks ago I got lonely for a Glock (because I'd sold them all) and a retired LEO friend sold me his old duty weapon - a Gen 2 Glock 23 - that he was issued in 1996. The price was more than right at $250 and it's now my home defense gun, loaded to the gills with Federal HST 180-grain hollow points. But - and it's a BIG but - the Glock feels absolutely HUGE by comparison with the little Sig and I can't believe I'd ever even consider trying to conceal and carry it for any length of time. That's where the P365 really shines. It's a breeze to CC by comparison.

Enjoy that Sig, it's going to definitely be a keeper for you, I'll bet. I've probably got about 500 rounds through mine now and it's never hiccuped, even once. And, compared to the Glock 43 which gave me fits because my right thumb kept riding the slide catch release for unreliable slide locks, the Sig's controls land just perfect for my hand. One observation though: in an action pistol match, I've had to train myself to use my left thumb to hit the mag release button because of the way the gun is designed. It's been a little tricky, but I'm adapting and, I've found that method better for dropping mags from my G23 under pressure as well.
    Kilowatt3 and 5lima30ret like this.
    Gumfighter - Big bubbles, no troubles. Hubba Bubba bubble gum

Distinguished Member Array FLSlim's Avatar
    Excellent deal, congrats.
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

Ah, good old Fleet Farm. Every time we go up north, we make at least one trip to FF.

It's interesting to start seeing incentives on the 365. I wonder if the XL sales are slowing sales of the smaller gun?

Sponsored Links