Wilson Combat Releases EDC X9S Sub-Compact, Double-Stack 9mm

This is a discussion on Wilson Combat Releases EDC X9S Sub-Compact, Double-Stack 9mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I really like this! Well, except for the price. https://www.personaldefenseworld.com...ombat-edc-x9s/...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Wilson Combat Releases EDC X9S Sub-Compact, Double-Stack 9mm

I really like this! Well, except for the price.

Wilson Combat Releases EDC X9S Sub-Compact, Double-Stack 9mm-edcx-sc-9.jpg

https://www.personaldefenseworld.com...ombat-edc-x9s/

Distinguished Member Array dennis40x's Avatar
    The February/2020 NRA publication Shooting Illustrated has a (5) page length article. The MSRP $2,695 USD but you do get (2) magazines with it. I can live the S&W MP9c. Someone will be along shortly to tell how wonderful the Wilson is!
    ETXhiker likes this.

Distinguished Member
    "The MSRP $2,695 USD but you do get (2) magazines with it." ~~ @dennis40x

That makes my teeth hurt just to read. $2,695+ 6.5% NC tax? Aaaack.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Moderator
    $2700 buys a lot of Glocks, I'm just sayin'
    Proverbs 27:12 says: “The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.”

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by RETSUPT99 View Post
    $2700 buys a lot of Glocks, I'm just sayin'
    And you would still be carrying a Glock. That Wilson is pure art and machining perfection. I would worry about losing it with a shooting incident, though.
    Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Beautiful weapon with out a doubt. Price - REALLY. As far as stats of the handgun, here are the same basic stats with more rounds.

https://www.springfield-armory.com/p...b-compact-9mm/
    “Let your soul shine. It's better than sunshine, It's better than moonshine
    and it’s Damn sure better than rain” …… Warren Haynes

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mck1975 View Post
    Beautiful weapon with out a doubt. Price - REALLY. As far as stats of the handgun, here are the same basic stats with more rounds.

https://www.springfield-armory.com/p...b-compact-9mm/
    I'm not trying to be combative, but that's like comparing a top-end Taylor handmade guitar ($6K) with a $300 Ibanez. If you appreciate workmanship and quality, the two pistols shouldn't be compared in the same discussion imo.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post
    I'm not trying to be combative, but that's like comparing a top-end Taylor handmade guitar ($6K) with a $300 Ibanez. If you appreciate workmanship and quality, the two pistols shouldn't be compared in the same discussion imo.
    Not a problem at all Wavy. I understand the quality difference, just pointing the stats of the two. For me to drop that cash and carry it is out of my realm.
    “Let your soul shine. It's better than sunshine, It's better than moonshine
    and it’s Damn sure better than rain” …… Warren Haynes

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mck1975 View Post
    Not a problem at all Wavy. I understand the quality difference, just pointing the stats of the two. For me to drop that cash and carry it is out of my realm.
    Absolutely -- me too! BTW, I have the $300 Ibanez guitar I mentioned.
    Frodebro and ETXhiker like this.
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

And the new mini wilsons gar-O-teed for 1.5" at 25 yards all for only 2600 dollars !! I have a s&w 669 that fills me small pistol need BUT I would rather buy a BUL SAS II UL for 1250 dollars than a wittle wilson . I have had a chance to shoot a couple late model BULS full and commander sized and they are impressive pistols .

SAS II ULTRA LIGHT ? GP ARMS

GMC
    I'm sure it's nice, but I just bought my last vehicle for $2,900 OTD! Haha...
    hardluk1 and Wavygravy like this.

I like it. And if it was something that I felt I needed that I could not achieve with what I have, I would not cheap out on the purchase price.

Maybe, someday, if I’m able to match or exceed the mechanical accuracy of the guns I use now, I will be a serious contender to get one.

But so far, it’s not lookin good for the home team:)
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G-man* View Post
    I like it. And if it was something that I felt I needed that I could not achieve with what I have, I would not cheap out on the purchase price.

Maybe, someday, if I’m able to match or exceed the mechanical accuracy of the guns I use now, I will be a serious contender to get one.

But so far, it’s not lookin good for the home team:)
    Haw! I can't exceed the mechanical accuracy of my Shield, much less my new Colt 1911. I doubt I'll ever deserve a Wilson!
    Conundrum, G-man*, GMC and 1 others like this.
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

That's super nice looking. And much more $ than I want to spend on a carry gun, kudos to those who can afford it and want to.
    Wavygravy likes this.

Distinguished Member Array dennis40x's Avatar
    There is much that can be accomplished with a cost effective tool such as a Ithaca 1911A1 that the Marine Corps issued me in my youth of which I employed. There are those that talk accuracy as in target shooting with scoring rings and there is practical accuracy employed on ones enemy combatant. The Wilson model subject of this discussion appears to be a status piece and yes a weapon. The question is the level of accuracy required for a defensive handgun and is the user up to the potential of the weapon but also the employed distances under most circumstances. As an example the S&W Shield 9x19mm is a cost effective tool which exhibits a level of practical accuracy for its indented purpose. As far as capacity thus round count the minimum capacity of at least (10) Rds is floated about, but with no supporting proof/evidence other than a theory which has not been substanuated but has come in vogue with the theory of multiple advisories in civilian confrontations. Law Enforcement and Military are different applications.
    ShooterGranny likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links