G2c upgrades

G2c upgrades

This is a discussion on G2c upgrades within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Replaced plastic guide rod with a lake line stainless steel one. Replaced plastic sights with lake line steel 3 dot sights. Taking it to the ...

Like Tree21Likes
  • 10 Post By lebomb
  • 2 Post By Cornhusker95
  • 1 Post By lebomb
  • 2 Post By 5lima30ret
  • 2 Post By lee n. field
  • 2 Post By Any Day Now
  • 2 Post By lebomb

Thread: G2c upgrades

G2c upgrades

Replaced plastic guide rod with a lake line stainless steel one. Replaced plastic sights with lake line steel 3 dot sights. Taking it to the range this weekend. I will give you a review next week.
    Canik TP9SF Elite One
    Taurus G2C (wifes)

Son of Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by lebomb View Post
    Replaced plastic guide rod with a lake line stainless steel one. Replaced plastic sights with lake line steel 3 dot sights. Taking it to the range this weekend. I will give you a review next week.
    I did the same with my G2....Not a big Taurus semi auto fan and the finish is terrible on mine and trigger
    is as weird as any trigger out there but the darn thing is reliable for sure.
    OldChap and Old Man like this.

Installed the metal sights in 5 minutes. They are awesome!!! Canít wait to shoot this weekend. Thanks Lakeline.
    Old Man likes this.
    Canik TP9SF Elite One
    Taurus G2C (wifes)

Son of Thunder

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    I did the same with my G2....Not a big Taurus semi auto fan and the finish is terrible on mine and trigger
    is as weird as any trigger out there but the darn thing is reliable for sure.
    Lakeline sells a stainless steel striker guide for the G2 for under $20. I watched a couple of videos on Y tube. Installation seems easy enough. Might smooth out that trigger some. I'm thinking about it.

I'm not familiar with the Taurus G2, is replacing the plastic guide rod really necessary on the G2's? The reason I ask is a lot of people change the plastic guide rod on Glocks although in my opinion it is not necessary. The agency I retired from has been issuing Glocks Since 1991 and I never saw or was aware of any guide rod failures. Good luck!
    ETXhiker and Old Man like this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Senior Member Array lee n. field's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5lima30ret View Post
    I'm not familiar with the Taurus G2, is replacing the plastic guide rod really necessary on the G2's? The reason I ask is a lot of people change the plastic guide rod on Glocks although in my opinion it is not necessary. The agency I retired from has been issuing Glocks Since 1991 and I never saw or was aware of any guide rod failures. Good luck!
    IMHO, no, not necessary. The stock one works fine. Ditto, the stainless striker guide Lakeline sells. Hard to see how it would achieve the claimed benefits.

The rear sight really needs replacing. I wonder if Taurus puts an adjustable sight on because one gun to another shoots to different point of aim? Just speculation.
    5lima30ret and Old Man like this.

I put the lakeline steel guide rod in mine too...cant honestly say it makes a huge difference but I just feel better with steel over polymer - but that's just me. (it ran great before - it runs great after)

Sig 226 18 round mags work in it as well...I got grip sleeves from Shapeways (I think that's the company name) to match them...they work flawlessly. 18 rounds out of that tiny package is impressive.

The trigger is a little wonky...lots of takeup then a super easy crisp break. The upside is the trigger reset is incredibly short so follow up shots are lightning fast.

But if you like the G2 - you have to get the 18 rounders...because...America!
    Old Man and 5lima30ret like this.

The difference the stainless steel guide rod makes is that sometimes the spring comes off of the plastic guide rod in the G2 and the slide locks up and you cannot get it off. So instead of waiting for that problem to possibly happen I just nipped it in the bud and put in a stainless guide rod assembly. Replacing the plastic sites speaks for itself.
    5lima30ret and Any Day Now like this.
    Canik TP9SF Elite One
    Taurus G2C (wifes)

Son of Thunder

****!!! The 3 dot metal sights I just installed went on sale at Lakeline. $20 for the set instead of the $30 I just paid on Monday. Oh well. Great deal if you want to upgrade.
    Canik TP9SF Elite One
    Taurus G2C (wifes)

Son of Thunder

Senior Member Array lee n. field's Avatar
    ****!!! The 3 dot metal sights I just installed went on sale at Lakeline. $20 for the set instead of the $30 I just paid on Monday. Oh well. Great deal if you want to upgrade.
    If they shoot straight for you. I tried that set first, and found the gun to shoot low. I replaced it with the steel rear sight, advertised as being 1mm taller, which works for me.

(That's where my comment above, speculating about Taurus' use of an adjustable rear sight on this gun.)

Sponsored Links