Help me understand this weapon's place in the firearms pantheon.....

This is a discussion on Help me understand this weapon's place in the firearms pantheon..... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, its got a 3.5in barrel so its in the SC barrel length. It's 9mm so its not particularly powerful. It has a sliding stock ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree142Likes

Thread: Help me understand this weapon's place in the firearms pantheon.....

VIP Member

Ok, its got a 3.5in barrel so its in the SC barrel length. It's 9mm so its not particularly powerful. It has a sliding stock that you aren't supposed to be able to shoulder. It's technically a pistol but its far too big to CC. What on Earth is this weapon and what would it be good for other than plinking?

Oh, and it runs $1500.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Looks like it's meant for a bug-out bag?
    DrummerMike and WC145 like this.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    Looks like it's meant for a bug-out bag?
    Ok, but what advantage does a 3.5in weapon like that have over a concealable pistol like a PPQ, M&P, Beretta, of even [shudder] a Glock?
    Nmuskier likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
    Ok, but what advantage does a 3.5in weapon like that have over a concealable pistol like a PPQ, M&P, Beretta, of even [shudder] a Glock?
    Looks cooler!
    zonker1986, mmb617 and mkh like this.
    Arkancide- Three self-inflicted gunshots to the head with hands tied behind the back.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

I guess bug out bag is a good idea. So that would mean its compactness.

Not for me as I would want some more barrel to it if I have some bulky like that.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Rember this is the netured USA model as a mil gun it makes sense it is a compact SMG/PDW which wile somewhat overshadowed by the M4 etc still have a place for some military/police etc .

As a non NFA USA gun I would say as a compact car gun or truck gun /bug out gun it would be a-ok ..Same role as the other neutered "pistol" PDW out there the MP5 clones the Evo etc etc
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Distinguished Member Array ETXhiker's Avatar
    I'm kind of interested in a AR pistol, but I want an 8" inch barrel to at least preserve normal 9mm ballistics. A 3.5"? Nah, I'll pass.
    drmordo and MMinSC like this.
    "There are some ideas that are so wrong, only a very intelligent person could believe them." - George Orwell

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    Home defense, though I'd prefer at least a 7" barrel. And don't knock the 9mm. It holds its own in real world shooting events, per Elefritz's study.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

To shoot and enjoy perhaps?
    matthew03, airslot, OD* and 1 others like this.

The theory would be to have something off body, yet still concealable, that you could fight with in extremis, that would be able to fire with more accuracy and volume than an on body carried EDC.

That model would not be my first choice, A .300B with 9" Bbl and brace would. It's getting you a "rifle" in a bag/briefcase/backpack. That by the letter of the law/on paper is still a pistol.
    The gun pictured could be reasonable, the barrel does not need to be that short, why not take the advantage of increased ballistics in 9mm from whatever length would be optimal, yet still compact enough to conceal in a bag.

I may say officially: Yeah, my .300 B pistol is a toy, but in training and certainly in a fight that weapon is getting shouldered... in theory.
    PPS1980, drmordo, MMinSC and 9 others like this.
    Appalachian Concealment

I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Even though it's a Sig I would pass, my solution was a 10.5" 5.56 with the pistol brace
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help me understand this weapon's place in the firearms pantheon.....-20191228_130337.jpg  

If it needs to be done, do it.
    Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

Quote Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
    The mechanics of firing it like a rifle, three points of contact makes you much more efficient.
    Appalachian Concealment

I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

It would be more useful in a select fire version, but the semi- version would still work pretty well as a personal defense weapon for inside-the-home defense, and easier to control. It would be highly maneuverable in tight spaces and probably give more practical accuracy if you use both hands. The classic SMGs like the Mac or MP-5 also fired pistol cartridges and (IIRC) as a class were considered a special tool; good for entry, clearing, and suppression.

Personally, If I'm going to a long arm I think I'd want a little more gun.
    PPS1980 and airslot like this.
    “Propaganda will never die out. Intelligent men must realize that propaganda is the modern instrument by which they can fight for productive ends and help to bring order out of chaos.”
    -- Edward Bernays

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    The theory would be to have something off body, yet still concealable, that you could fight with in extremis, that would be able to fire with more accuracy and volume than an on body carried EDC.

That model would not be my first choice, A .300B with 9" Bbl and brace would. It's getting you a "rifle" in a bag/briefcase/backpack. That by the letter of the law/on paper is still a pistol.
    The gun pictured could be reasonable, the barrel does not need to be that short, why not take the advantage of increased ballistics in 9mm from whatever length would be optimal, yet still compact enough to conceal in a bag.

I may say officially: Yeah, my .300 B pistol is a toy, but in training and certainly in a fight that weapon is getting shouldered... in theory.
    I hear you and tend to agree. To me 9mm in a 3.5in barrel gets you nothing but a big PITA to lug around without any real benefit if you are a competent pistol shot. A rifle cartridge on the other hand ups your effectiveness and is essentially the same size and weight as this thing. Sorry, but I see stuff like this and genuinely wonder - am I missing something or is this a tacti-cool piece of BS? If it were a SMG that would be different, obviously. But its a semi-auto, 9mm, and is huge compared to other 9mm's with longer barrels and the same # of rounds available per magazine.
    matthew03, Hoganbeg and airslot like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Holster View Post
    To shoot and enjoy perhaps?
    As I said - plinking. I have loads of weapons that can do that and are actually practical.
    Holster likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links