Springfield Armory XD-E, .45 ACP, 3.3" Barrel... Anyone have any experience?

This is a discussion on Springfield Armory XD-E, .45 ACP, 3.3" Barrel... Anyone have any experience? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm thinking of picking up a .45 carry gun and have been looking for something as close to the size of a Shield as I ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Springfield Armory XD-E, .45 ACP, 3.3" Barrel... Anyone have any experience?

I'm thinking of picking up a .45 carry gun and have been looking for something as close to the size of a Shield as I can get. Was actually about to pick up a .45 Shield when I found the above gun. I'm a fan of DA/SA triggers so this really intrigued me. Anyone have any experience with it?

Thanks
    C.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need it and don't have it, you'll never need it again.

I have one. No trouble. The DA trigger pull is a little indefinite; SA is fine. There is a Langdon trigger upgrade Iím going to try.

Itís a little bigger than the Shield.

Never let anything mechanical know that you're in a hurry.

I held on once and the trigger reach was really awkward for me, just way far forward on the DA shot. Other than that my brother has one and has been happy with the reliability and such.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Itís my edc. No functional issues over 1000 rounds. Put night sites on it. With loaded mag and one in chamber itís heavy. But it shoots 45 acp. You can choose to carry locked and loaded, cocked safety on or decocked safety on or off. I do hot, decocked, safety off. 12 lbs double action trigger. Safety on when handling.

Try it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array Militant's Avatar
    When I was in Texas visiting a friend, we went to one of his LGS's in his area (Austin) and he saw that piece and fell in love with it. He bought it and has had no issues with it whatsoever! It's his EDC.
    svgheartland likes this.
    HK USP Compact .45 stainless HK USP Compact .40 stainless HK USP Compact .45
    HK USP Compact 9mm HK 45c HK P30 HK P30sk HK VP9 HK VP9sk

ďA manís rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge boxĒ - Frederick Douglas

I was all in till I saw how large it is.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

Quote Originally Posted by rotorhead1026 View Post
    I have one. No trouble. The DA trigger pull is a little indefinite; SA is fine. There is a Langdon trigger upgrade Iím going to try.

Interested In hearing your results with the Langdon trigger upgrade when you get it.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    rotorhead1026 likes this.

Had one in 9mm and couldnít wait to get rid of it. Worst DA pull Iíve ever tried and the trigger did a number on my finger every time I shot it. YMMV
    Melvin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by djcomm View Post
    Interested In hearing your results with the Langdon trigger upgrade when you get it.
    Will do. Theyíre having trouble getting parts from Springfield, so it might be a couple of weeks. Iíll either post here or start a new thread.
    djcomm likes this.

Distinguished Member Array flphotog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rotorhead1026 View Post

I have one, don't carry it much because of the grip length, but it shoots well and I've never had an issue. I don't worry about the DA trigger pull because I carry it C&C and never use it, SA only for me with all of my DA/SA guns witch are all of them except for the SA only of course
    Member COTEP 772, NRA, GOA, Florida Carry

Distinguished Member Array CavemanBob's Avatar
    I've had the XD-e 3.3 in 45 for about 1.5 years and really like it. I was carrying it for a while but I'm back to carrying my G29 in 10mm. I'd have to say that the XD-e is probably my #2 favorite EDC behind the G29, primarily due to cartridge, I just have more faith in 10 round of 10mm. I prefer the XD-e to the Sig P365 I picked up 9 mos ago primarily because the grip on the P365 is so danged small it's hard for me to get a grip on it.

I've only put a few hundred rounds through the XD-e but it has been perfectly reliable. I'm thinking it may make a near perfect purse gun for the wife with the decocker.
    The best citizenry is an informed citizenry

NRA Patron member
    Gun Owners of America
    Electronic Frontiers Foundation https://www.eff.org/ - defending digital privacy and free speech including forums such as this one

I have the XDE in both 9mm and 45acp. I like that they share the same holsters. They have both been without any malfunctions through Thousands of rounds.
    I also dry fire the snot out of em.

Some people do not like the (excessively) curved trigger, but it's never bothered me. Nor has the long reach of the trigger in double action mode. I wear a large glove and have long fingers, so it fits me well.

These are probably about my favorite carry pistols. Although I do really like my HK p2000 and p2000sk, and my CZ 75 compact also. But I guess if I were forced to choose only one to carry, it would be my XDE 45.

Because they are so thin, I prefer to carry them aiwb. (11:45 almost cross draw)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Springfield Armory XD-E, .45 ACP, 3.3" Barrel... Anyone have any experience?-screenshot_20200131-201550_gallery_1580523622043.jpg  

Springfield Armory XD-E, .45 ACP, 3.3" Barrel... Anyone have any experience?-screenshot_20200131-201409_gallery_1580523630515.jpg  

zonker1986 and rotorhead1026 like this.

Most probably wont agree with my take, but they took an already questionable gun (XD series) and made it worse by going to a DA/SA trigger. The Shield 45 is a no-brainer over this gun.
    forester58 and Tenring1911 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck808 View Post
    Most probably wont agree with my take, but they took an already questionable gun (XD series) and made it worse by going to a DA/SA trigger. The Shield 45 is a no-brainer over this gun.
    I dont think we are comparing apples to apples here. Shield is a striker and XD-E is a hammer DA/SA. Tremendous differences in arms and the DA/SA appeals to a completely different crowd.

rotorhead1026 and hkusp9f like this.

Quote Originally Posted by djcomm View Post

Langdon has had some trouble getting parts, but Iím told the kit just shipped. Iíll post as soon as itís installed and tested.
    MMinSC likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links