Decisions: Ruger LCR versus Ruger LCR X and 38 versus 357 - Page 4

Decisions: Ruger LCR versus Ruger LCR X and 38 versus 357

This is a discussion on Decisions: Ruger LCR versus Ruger LCR X and 38 versus 357 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by bmcgilvray rigray; I just want you to know that I recognize that you are not a "new member" at this point. I've ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: Decisions: Ruger LCR versus Ruger LCR X and 38 versus 357

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    rigray; I just want you to know that I recognize that you are not a "new member" at this point. I've tried to fix that, but I'm hopeless at fixing some things having to do with systems.

Neato holster you got there. Rides pleasingly high and looks good.

It's fine if it is desired to be able to shoot through a pocket, but I never felt the need to utilize this as a defensive method, wanting to get the gun out where it can be better deployed. A lot is made of this "shooting through a pocket" business, but it's not for me personally.
    That's ok, at my age I would rather be called a new member than a senior member. Lol!

I'm almost at the point where I can order off the senior citizen menu at Denny's. 😯

Where did the time go?🤔

I also don't ever envision myself shooting through a pocket , as I never carry a gun in a jacket pocket. Living in south Texas, I very rarely even wear a jacket. If I lived up north where it actually got cold and had to wear a jacket, I might.

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    rigray; I just want you to know that I recognize that you are not a "new member" at this point. I've tried to fix that, but I'm hopeless at fixing some things having to do with systems.

Neato holster you got there. Rides pleasingly high and looks good.

It's fine if it is desired to be able to shoot through a pocket, but I never felt the need to utilize this as a defensive method, wanting to get the gun out where it can be better deployed. A lot is made of this "shooting through a pocket" business, but it's not for me personally.
    If you perceive a possible incoming threat, you'll be able to have the revolver in hand in a jacket pocket ready to get a shot off if necessary without catching a possible brandishing charge... Basically, you don't have to wait until you're already being attack to have to deploy the gun and get your first shot off. You also at least have more defensive options. If you want to and have time to deploy the gun, you can. If the situation is as such that shooting through the pocket is the best option, you can do that too.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    The Budweiser Clydesdale team wintering over at your place?

It seems like it!

Six race horses and two mutts. Still a lot of grain, hay, water and output.

If they were Clydesdales, Id jut be in tears by now.
    bmcgilvray, gasmitty and CLASS3NH like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Sponsored Links