Anyone have the Ruger SR1911 Officer-Style?

This is a discussion on Anyone have the Ruger SR1911 Officer-Style? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone here have the SR1911 Officer model? I'm particularly interested in the Stainless model, but input on any of them is appreciated. I have ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mkh
  • 1 Post By Any Day Now

Thread: Anyone have the Ruger SR1911 Officer-Style?

VIP Member

Does anyone here have the SR1911 Officer model? I'm particularly interested in the Stainless model, but input on any of them is appreciated.

I have a soft spot for compact 1911's. My first 1911 was a Colt Defender. It ran well if I held it in a white-knuckle death grip, but otherwise had a lot of stovepipe FTE's. My Springfield TRP and Champion have been flawless. So I guess the only "opening" I have now is for an Officer's model. I'm also a huge fan of bull barrels, so that's also a plus.

I doubt I'll ever own another 3-inch 1911 like the Defender, but the Officer's has my attention. Even Wilson Combat says that 3.5 inches is the shortest barrel that can run reliably.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Following.

I think it is a great looking pistol.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

I was very interested in this pistol when it first came out. My concern was that I'd heard that officer model 1911's can be more ammo sensitive than other models. I spent a lot of time looking for a review, and I thought the review at this link was very well done and informative:

Ruger SR1911 Officer-Style 1911, .45 ACP | Guntoters

I ended up not getting this model, because I was concerned about being a beta tester and wanted to wait and see if other reviews showed up. If I find other good reports about it, I might end up getting one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

mkh
    Just me and a Sig 1911 in a foxhole somewhere in NE FL
    If you are okay with a .40 the Palmetto State Armoty has the EMP for $699 but that expires tomorrow - https://palmettostatearmory.com/spri...-pi9240lp.html

I ordered one last Friday. It will be my second but unfortunately I sold the previous one several years ago. I have regretted it ever since.
    5lima30ret likes this.
    Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap he's up!"

I do not have the officer size - but I do have the Ruger SR1911 CMD (commander).

It is one of my favorite pistols - I will never part with it (well - cold dead fingers maybe hehe ).

I did have an officer size ATI 1911 - basically a defender clone. Never could get it to run reliability even after swapping out most of the internals with Kimber parts...

The Ruger CMD though - perfect size and runs like it stole something.

In my opinion - it looks like a $1000 pistol. Very well made, excellent fit and finish.

I swapped out the brown stock grip panels for Ruger factory made black ones with a red and silver Ruger emblem in the middle...WOW.

So not exactly the info you are looking for...but Ruger does make a heckuva 1911 pistol.
    SpringerXD likes this.

mkh
    Just me and a Sig 1911 in a foxhole somewhere in NE FL
    I had a full size Night Watchman that I really liked. Only problem I had was that in their earlier ones the ejector was simply pushed in and glues. When I go a little hot the ejector would come loose. I sent it back and had them pin it like is is supposed to be done. I don't know if they a pinning them these days or not.

I ended up trading it to a good friend who wanted a full size 1911 and in return I got my Sig 1911 RCS back from him. I have tow buddies that are like brothers to me and we often trade guns among ourselves that ay we keep it in the family. Some of our 1911s have been around more than once with all of us owning them at one time or another.
    Last edited by mkh; February 10th, 2020 at 04:59 PM. Reason: to properly identify 1911 prart
    Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap he's up!"

VIP Member
    Also, and this might be a stupid question, but I see that the barrel length is listed as 3.60 inches. Will this be an issue with it fitting into most standard Officer's size holsters? Or is that tenth of an inch negligible?
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Sponsored Links