Glock Sights or just Sights!

This is a discussion on Glock Sights or just Sights! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently acquired a G29 which Iíve been shooting and intend on making my primary CC. It has standard sights which on every other glock ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Glock Sights or just Sights!

I recently acquired a G29 which Iíve been shooting and intend on making my primary CC. It has standard sights which on every other glock I swap with factory night sights. However I recently tried out some Fiber optic sights which I liked the sight picture and easy day light pick up. When I began looking at these online I found a set of Fiber optic sights which had tritium to aid in lighting the fiber optics in darkness. Iíd like to hear from those of you using fiber optic sights. Pros Cons as well as if anyone has something else to give considerations to.

Glock Sights or just Sights!-4ee94174-a435-4130-89f5-fd5bc6b17078.jpeg
    OldChap likes this.

There are two sights out there for Glocks that I really like. Trijicon's GL01 sights and Ameriglo's GL-446 sights.
    Gunnie and OldChap like this.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

My preferred sights are "Dawson". IMO they are the "Go To" for aftermarket sights. They have black, tritium, or fiber optic sets available. My pistols wear a set with a black rear and FO front on both my carry and competition guns. If I have enough light to identify my target, I can see my sights, so I'm not a fan of night sights. Of course I carry a light as well.
    str1

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by shooter1 View Post
    My preferred sights are "Dawson". IMO they are the "Go To" for aftermarket sights. They have black, tritium, or fiber optic sets available. My pistols wear a set with a black rear and FO front on both my carry and competition guns. If I have enough light to identify my target, I can see my sights, so I'm not a fan of night sights. Of course I carry a light as well.
    str1
    I second this. I love my Dawson Precision and I carry a light as well but there are others out there that will do what you need them to do.
    OldChap and Gunnie like this.
    Beretta 92 FS Compact Inox
    CZ 2075 RAMI
    CZ P-07
    CZ P-10c
    Walther PPS

I like the Tru Glo TFX sights. Tritium, fiber rod, and a white ring around the front sight.
    Carry a sidearm always. Be able to put shots into the torso and then head, if needed. The rest is much less important.

I like Dawson sights as well. But most of my Glocks have the cheaper Defoor sights from Ameriglo. I like the blacked out sights, reminds me of the old SW target sights in the revolvers. I get good aimed groups with them when I sight in carry ammo.

I much prefer a good light with ďall the lumensĒ over night sights.

As for FO, I like running a FO front on my G35 with a blacked out U shaped rear ( maybe itís a Dawson, but not for sure!).

+1 on the Dawson Precision sights.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

I have TruGlo TFX Pro sights on my Glock G35.

https://www.truglo.com/firearms-hand...gun-sights.asp
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

I have found a new favorite set of sights - XS Big Dot. I have a set of these with a Tritium insert on the front of my G30S. I used the same sights in a suppressor height on a G19 MOS to co-witness with a Vortex Venom. The Big Dot, unlike most sights, is designed to be placed on the desired point of impact. So you get this nice, highly visible dot even in total darkness.

https://www.xssights.com/Handgun_Sights_pr-8208.aspx
    Gunnie likes this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    I like the Tru Glo TFX sights. Tritium, fiber rod, and a white ring around the front sight.
    I believe thatís the set I was looking at. Reminded me of a set of Trijicon HDs but with FO.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty_Red View Post
    I like Dawson sights as well. But most of my Glocks have the cheaper Defoor sights from Ameriglo. I like the blacked out sights, reminds me of the old SW target sights in the revolvers. I get good aimed groups with them when I sight in carry ammo.

I much prefer a good light with ďall the lumensĒ over night sights.

As for FO, I like running a FO front on my G35 with a blacked out U shaped rear ( maybe itís a Dawson, but not for sure!).
    I always carry a light unfortunately my carry method negates the use of a weapon light. So only long guns and my duty weapon get one.

Distinguished Member Array MB53's Avatar
    I'm a fan of Trijicons with the orange dot.
    Gunnie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    I have found a new favorite set of sights - XS Big Dot. I have a set of these with a Tritium insert on the front of my G30S. I used the same sights in a suppressor height on a G19 MOS to co-witness with a Vortex Venom. The Big Dot, unlike most sights, is designed to be placed on the desired point of impact. So you get this nice, highly visible dot even in total darkness.

https://www.xssights.com/Handgun_Sights_pr-8208.aspx
    Appears they now offer some with a decent rear. I shot with there original style and loved them for close range but the express style rear just didnít work for me beyond about 15yds.
    OldChap likes this.

Looks like I need to give Dawsonís a look.

I have Dawson Precision sights on my Glock 17, 30, 48 and my Smith and Wesson 22 compact. The front side is red fiber optic the rear sight is a blackout notch. Their customer service is superior.
    Gunnie likes this.
    Being Armed Is A Mindset, Not A Physical Condition - Rob Pincus

SAF, GOA, NRA, Kansas State Rifle Assoc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links