So, I liked my P365 so much that I...

This is a discussion on So, I liked my P365 so much that I... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went and picked up a P320 XCompact. It feels pretty great in my hands. Going to shoot it after work today. Looking forward to getting ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: So, I liked my P365 so much that I...

Went and picked up a P320 XCompact. It feels pretty great in my hands. Going to shoot it after work today. Looking forward to getting a few rounds through it.
    flh, druryj, OldVet and 5 others like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array druryj's Avatar
    I’ve been eyeballing those. Seriously eyeballing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SnoMan97 likes this.

I've steered clear of the G26, the 365 and the like due to the short grips. My G30 with a 9-round mag is barely acceptable as to feel. I know some say get the "X" capacity mag for that finger hold, but if that's the solution, I'd just as well have a longer grip with flush mags.

Anyhow, I hope your 365 works out well for you. That's all that matters.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

sgb
    I have XL hands and sub compacts just aren't comfy for me. Good luck to you though.
    " It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it, but if you have to play ..... play to WIN!!!"
    Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Distinguished Member Array Militant's Avatar
    My friend from N.C. is a Sig-man! He loves that pistol brand above all others and has quite a few of them. He and his wife came up this past weekend to hang with me and my wife and we went to the range yesterday. I took a few of my HK's (of course) and my Walther PPQ and my AR-15. He brought his Sig Legion, P320 and P320 X-Compact. I really enjoyed shooting them. Very nice!
    SnoMan97, MMinSC and 5lima30ret like this.
    HK USP Compact .45 stainless HK USP Compact .40 stainless HK USP Compact .45
    HK USP Compact 9mm HK 45c HK P30 HK P30sk HK VP9 HK VP9sk

“A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box” - Frederick Douglas

How comfy does a defensive weapon have to be? The flip side is, can you adequately conceal a gun that gives you what you consider a comfortable grip? If the answer to the latter is is yes, the rest is moot. If the answer is no, you might want to try getting comfortable with a subcompact.

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    I have XL hands and sub compacts just aren't comfy for me. Good luck to you though.
    1gunsnowbird likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    It is the Compact size 320. 15 rounds. Not a subcompact like a 26 nor a micro like a 365.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

The P320 is a great shooting pistol as is the P365. Good choices!
    SnoMan97 and 5lima30ret like this.

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
    How comfy does a defensive weapon have to be? The flip side is, can you adequately conceal a gun that gives you what you consider a comfortable grip? If the answer to the latter is is yes, the rest is moot. If the answer is no, you might want to try getting comfortable with a subcompact.
    I think not.
    " It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it, but if you have to play ..... play to WIN!!!"
    Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by SnoMan97 View Post
    Went and picked up a P320 XCompact. It feels pretty great in my hands. Going to shoot it after work today. Looking forward to getting a few rounds through it.
    I kind of went the other way. I own several 320's, including an X5, and a P229. All very good guns, but harder to use for CC given their size, even the compact. So I finally broke down and bought a 365XL. I have XL-XXL hands it fits well. Rates a solid zero on my "sex appeal" chart, but it is easy to carry and shoots decent.

Anyway, hope you like the new 320. I think you'll really like the step up in size and accuracy.
    SnoMan97 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array FLSlim's Avatar
    Congrats! I've had one for over 3k rounds and happy with it. It is a hybrid with a SC length barrel & slide and the compact size frame (with improvements). It is quite accurate and easy to carry (but not quite as easy as the P365). Of course, if you are thinking a red dot optic, it has a plate and is ready to go. Good luck & happy shooting!
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I've steered clear of the G26, the 365 and the like due to the short grips. My G30 with a 9-round mag is barely acceptable as to feel. I know some say get the "X" capacity mag for that finger hold, but if that's the solution, I'd just as well have a longer grip with flush mags.

Anyhow, I hope your 365 works out well for you. That's all that matters.
    I'm not a fan of short grips either. my P365 is technically a P365X. I use the P365XL grip module to get all 3 fingers on it and get a clean mag drop.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

I shot 120 rounds through it last night before it got too dark. I really like it. Follow up shots are pretty quick and easy and I can track the X-Ray sights pretty well even without my glasses (readers). If this is supposed to have muzzle flip due to a high bore axis, I couldn't feel it. It shot pretty flat for me. Overall I'm very happy with it. Targets from my fist two mags shot from about 25ft. First one is as fast the front sight came back on target. Second one was a little slower and more controlled. Definitely room for improvement. I'm sure the groups will tighten once I get some more trigger time with it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thomas Jefferson

You might find you carry the P320xc far more the p365 . Soft shooting , great trigger and that grip just feels good in the hand . I bought one for a bargain price figuring it would make a good carry when I get tried of shooting a 40sw or my eye sight gets worse and might need dot optics ! . Liked the grip enough to replace the grip module on my old p320c 40sw with the same X series grip module and modified my old mags to fit .
    MMinSC and SnoMan97 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
    You might find you carry the P320xc far more the p365 . Soft shooting , great trigger and that grip just feels good in the hand . I bought one for a bargain price figuring it would make a good carry when I get tried of shooting a 40sw or my eye sight gets worse and might need dot optics ! . Liked the grip enough to replace the grip module on my old p320c 40sw with the same X series grip module and modified my old mags to fit .
    I also switched from standard 320 grip to the X-series. X-Carry in my case. I thought the standard 320 grip was great but the X-series turns out to be even better. The cool thing about changing grip modules is that it is very easy to unload the old one on eBay at very good prices.

Wilson Combat recently released grip modules for the Carry and Full size pistols(X-Compact in the works). The reviews seem very favorable and there are a few small tweaks that I think would be nice. It is slimmer for one thing.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...-grip-modules/

They are out of stock again. Two days ago they were back, now out.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links