J Frame Advice - Page 4

J Frame Advice

This is a discussion on J Frame Advice within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here's a Ruger SP101 3" with a modified Hogue grip. I shortened it slightly, softened the butt, removed most of the swell and gave it ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree185Likes

Thread: J Frame Advice

Here's a Ruger SP101 3" with a modified Hogue grip. I shortened it slightly, softened the butt, removed most of the swell and gave it more room for the speed loader. Tung oil & beeswax finish. I quite like it. Nice to carry and shoots well.

J Frame Advice-p1070429.jpg

J Frame Advice-p1060708.jpg

J Frame Advice-p1060709.jpg

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Great job, @Holmes375
    msgt/ret likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Went to the range today and found it hard to shoot my 442 well. Iíve shot it before and noticed the issue, but today I put 50+ rounds through it and really tried to work it out. If I seat the gun in the webbing of my hand I can only get the trigger to break if I use the tip of my finger. With a 12#+ pull it isnít easy. I had to hold the gun a little forward in my grip and shot poorly. First, I need either a Wilson or Apex trigger spring kit. Then I need grips that cover the back-strap, thus giving me more length of pull. Iím thinking Altamont Bateleur.

I love these little guns. I do not pocket carry it. I appreciate any advice or suggestions.

Thank you

What you really need is a Ruger LCR. I had a J frame and an LCR; still have the Ruger got rid of the Smith because I couldnít stand shooting it. The trigger on the LCR is different enough to make a huge difference.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Nice work.
    Check out the CR-12 - wilkinsontactical.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Sponsored Links