Anyone Else Have This Problem?

This is a discussion on Anyone Else Have This Problem? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So, I have two perfectly fine carry guns, an AR, and several other 'hunting guns', yet I'm constantly looking for something new! I look at ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree310Likes

Thread: Anyone Else Have This Problem?

So, I have two perfectly fine carry guns, an AR, and several other 'hunting guns', yet I'm constantly looking for something new! I look at stores, I look on-line, I watch youtube reviews, I price them out, I check magazine prices...
    I spend all this time for something I don't need! LOL
    Eventually I would like to add to my collection, but it's not really a reality with 4 kids and Dr bills and one off to college soon.
    I guess I'll be prepared when the time comes and I'll be able to recognize a good deal and talk my wife into it. lol Some of the deals and new guns I've seen lately are pretty tempting.
    Just thought I'd share to see if I'm the only one in this boat, or if I can commiserate with others that have this affliction. Haha..

Hi! My name is LimaCharlie and I am an accumulator of guns.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    Hi! My name is LimaCharlie and I am an accumulator of guns.
    Hi LimaCharlie!

My name is Osprey and I am an accumulator of guns.

Just not ready for a 12 step program yet
    BHC, Sister, montejames and 4 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member
    I can quit any time I want to....
    OldChap, BHC, Osprey and 9 others like this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Do you train? Find someone reputable teaching fighting classes near you and take a couple.

Firstly: You will see how your tools respond to being used in extremis. Every gun I own has malfunctioned, some in very complex ways.
    Secondly: If you really enjoy it, you will not have the extra money for more guns. Problem solved.
    Thirdly: The guns you do have you will be able to apply in ways you did not realize you could, with a mastery that most do not possess, (even those who do it for a living).

If you train already then yes, buy some more guns to put through the classes.
    Appalachian Concealment

I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

I just purchased a gun from Bud's which i don't need and will probably do it again soon. I'm terribly addicted...
    airslot, Tstone, hkusp9f and 1 others like this.

BHC
    I don't have a problem, I can collect more now because I've developed a resistance.....

Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    Do you train? Find someone reputable teaching fighting classes near you and take a couple.

Firstly: You will see how your tools respond to being used in extremis. Every gun I own has malfunctioned, some in very complex ways.
    Secondly: If you really enjoy it, you will not have the extra money for more guns. Problem solved.
    Thirdly: The guns you do have you will be able to apply in ways you did not realize you could, with a mastery that most do not possess, (even those who do it for a living).

If you train already then yes, buy some more guns to put through the classes.
    I'm planning on taking a class this summer. I was thinking about taking a carbine class, but when I told my wife how much I'd need for ammo, she said maybe I could find something better to do with all the money between class and ammo.
    I'm just going to plan on making it to more IDPA matches this summer and hopefully try some three gun also!

Also, glad to hear I'm not alone! Hehe... I'm currently having fun helping my buddy look for a new carry gun. We're going to the range next week to rent some and shoot my own stuff also.

VIP Member
    Listen to my voice: Buy more guns!
    Buy more guns!
    Buy more guns!
    Buy more guns!
    Buy more guns!
    Buy more guns!
    Buy more guns!
    Buy more guns!
    Buy more guns!
    Buy more guns!
    Buy more guns!

Seriously; ammo, training other options ARE viable. But I do understand, as I am the worst here, to ask, if you should cease firearms shopping!
    Osprey, Sister, CWOUSCG and 6 others like this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

I've thought about taking on some type of part-time gig just for the purpose of earning money for my habit. At least then I don't have to feel guilty when I buy another gun I don't need. Well, that feeling only lasts as long as the time I pay for one until it hits my hand. So, maybe it really isn't a problem.

Guns got two of us on this forum married lol

Almost 4 years later we’re still being enablers for each other - co-dependent on firearms

Welcome, we joined around the same time but this is the first I’ve seen of you! 😃
    Pete63, Osprey, CWOUSCG and 9 others like this.
    Please relax, take a deep breath....
    Trust the Lord God with all your heart, and He will direct your path.
    Jesus loves you, you will be okay.
    ❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho41 View Post
    I've thought about taking on some type of part-time gig just for the purpose of earning money for my habit. At least then I don't have to feel guilty when I buy another gun I don't need. Well, that feeling only lasts as long as the time I pay for one until it hits my hand. So, maybe it really isn't a problem.
    That works! Got a pt job for a gun place and within a few months during the .22 shortage I had bought 6,000 rounds just by being in the right place at the right time! 👍🏻
    Please relax, take a deep breath....
    Trust the Lord God with all your heart, and He will direct your path.
    Jesus loves you, you will be okay.
    ❤️

Distinguished Member
    "I can quit any time I want to..."
    Let me elaborate -- in the past 6 months I've had to spend $15K on a roof, over 2K on tree removal, over 26K on a new car, all on a teacher's retirement and small-time musician pay. And am still buying and looking at guns, online, in stores, you tube reviews, classifieds, etc... Yep, I can quit anytime I want to.
    G-man*, Sister, CWOUSCG and 7 others like this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

My part-time gig before work goes towards the general budget. I'll just have to keep it when the kids are gone so I can have some extra spendin' money!
    I did just think of another thing.. Tax season! We should be getting a decent refund. Wonder if I can talk the wife into letting me have a few extra bucks!
    Wavygravy, msgt/ret and airslot like this.

I’m retired, but went back to work doing a job I love for half the money as my pension just to have the funds to indulge in my “ toys” without putting a crimp in my lifestyle.

I have been a long time addict of guns, but my need to acquire more and more has been helped by finally settling in on what I like and works for me.
    Now, I can concentrate on enjoying what I have and really putting them to use.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links