Shockwave as truck gun? - Page 3

Shockwave as truck gun?

This is a discussion on Shockwave as truck gun? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Oh hell yes. At $300 and reliable, yes. I bought my daughter a 20 guage as a house weapon....

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree467Likes

Thread: Shockwave as truck gun?

Oh hell yes. At $300 and reliable, yes. I bought my daughter a 20 guage as a house weapon.
    APX-9M likes this.

Distinguished Member Array patkelly4370's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    How would this truck gun be secured? Be a lot easier to lock up a not-shockwave.

Also, can I see a picture of the back window for this truck to see if the tell-tale "Free Gun Inside" signage is present?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Like this?

baren, airslot and bill35738 like this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5lima30ret View Post
    I would prefer 8-10 rds of .45 acp along w/ a spare mag or two in a (pick your favorite platform) vs (4-5 rds) of 12ga or 20ga out of a Shockwave for a truck gun. A lot more options in a more compact package. Just my .02 worth!
    ^^^ This. On my hip.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by APX-9M View Post
    I really don't want this to turn into a trunk gun debate, but I reckon there are situations where I could already be in or near my vehicle when I might have to get out to defend myself or others.

I realize that it might come in handy or it might not. The overwhelming chance of me having to use it or my sidearm is probably very close to never. To answer your question as to why I'd want to use one as a truck gun is simply because I can, I want to, it makes me feel more secure (whether it will actually make me so is debatable but irrelevant), and I don't lose anything by doing so... Something to possibly gain and little to lose...

FYI: I wouldn't keep it in my vehicle indefinitely, overnight, etc....
    If you did not want this to turn into a "truck gun" debate why did your OP state that you wanted our opinion on if the shockwave would make a good truck gun?
    If you just wanted our opinion on the shockwave as a shotgun we could have given that. But you asked what we thought about it as a truck gun.
    Kinda hard to answer your question without bringing up truck guns.
    And as stated I have nothing against keeping a rifle in my jeep, do it all the time

I have never really heard a definition of a "truck gun". I suppose like most things people have different meaning and uses for such a thing. I have no gun that lives in my truck nor do I leave any guns in the truck overnight anywhere. My wife has a tendency to want to go on impromptu photography adventures and around here that usually means Grizzly bears March through November. In those cases or when we pull our trailer camping I have my 18" barrel 870 loaded with magnum slugs. On short hikes I pack the shotgun and the revolver on my hip and the bear spray. Camping its with me in the camper or in my truck on day trips so my answer is No on the shockwave but, I do carry a shotty when out and about in the way back. I would not even try and fire those magnum bear loads from a shockwave type of gun. Your liable to a have a deeply imbedded bead mark in your forehead.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    I have never really heard a definition of a "truck gun". I suppose like most things people have different meaning and uses for such a thing. I have no gun that lives in my truck nor do I leave any guns in the truck overnight anywhere. My wife has a tendency to want to go on impromptu photography adventures and around here that usually means Grizzly bears March through November. In those cases or when we pull our trailer camping I have my 18" barrel 870 loaded with magnum slugs. On short hikes I pack the shotgun and the revolver on my hip and the bear spray. Camping its with me in the camper or in my truck on day trips so my answer is No on the shockwave but, I do carry a shotty when out and about in the way back. I would not even try and fire those magnum bear loads from a shockwave type of gun. Your liable to a have a deeply imbedded bead mark in your forehead.
    In your area I agree that a shotgun w/ magnum bear loads is a viable "truck gun" on backcountry trips. Thankfully, we don't have grizzlies here!
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by patkelly4370 View Post
    Like this?

1: I wasn't asking you (but thanks for sharing what appears to be a not so good way to do this, given certain factors yet to be determined)
    2: That's not a Shockwave
    3: Are those physically locked in place?
    4:Is the bolt locked open on the AR?
    5: Was the picture taken with a potato?

The "Cool" factor is there.... The Useful factor is NOT there..... "Truck Gun" ....... ok......It's NOT a Long gun, it is sold as a "Other" ....In reality..... It primarily falls intro s Handgun type..... Personally, I wouldn't wanna take it outside my own State and into other states where I just might get myself placed in the Pokey...... Some States may not allow it ... The "Up in the air" type gun...
    Defensive Shotgun is more than enough "Truck Gun" for me......

https://www.walkertaylorlaw.com/post...-590-shockwave

Straight from Mossberg's website.... may wanna check Individual State Laws.... >>>>>>>>>https://www.mossberg.com/category/series/590-shockwave/

BTW, Gotta be 21 Yrs old to buy it, which deems this more "Handgun" than "other"
    forester58 and airslot like this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    1: I wasn't asking you (but thanks for sharing what appears to be a not so good way to do this, given certain factors yet to be determined)
    2: That's not a Shockwave
    3: Are those physically locked in place?
    4:Is the bolt locked open on the AR?
    5: Was the picture taken with a potato?

1 thru 5, no.
    This is how it is done in free America

neal4664 likes this.

1 thru 5, no.

This is more typical though:
    Still no Shockwave

neal4664 likes this.

1 thru 5, no.

Ahhhh.... But is it a safe way??? I'm pretty sure that's is what JD is getting at........and I can agree with him. ... What happens in the case of a Accident or Roll-over?
    BTW, Just because YOU CAN, doesn't always mean YOU SHOULD....

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    Ahhhh.... But is it a safe way??? THAT is what JD is getting at........and I can agree with him. ... What happens in the case of a Accident or Roll-over?
    BTW, Just because YOU CAN, doesn't always mean YOU SHOULD....
    Well, it has been done this way in this particular truck for over 50 years.
    But nowadays America has become afraid of its own shadow.

neal4664 and Rotorflyr like this.

Well, it has been done this way in this particular truck for over 50 years.
    But nowadays America has become afraid of its own shadow.

Yep, and I'm sure it will be done a long time from now..... Just watch out for those Jack-a-Lopes you encounter down your parts...They jump out of the Drain Ditches at the craziest times...
    NOPE, not "afraid of my shadow" in any way shape of form...
    I can walk down the street with these weapon pictured below, or place them in the rear window of my vehicle, but just because I CAN, doesn't mean I "Should"
    I don't invite anybody to take my guns from my vehicle, especially if they're NOT secure...Rural areas may be different, but highly populated areas, nope not for me.

BTW, I'm in one of those FREE-er parts of America too!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shockwave as truck gun?-saw1-2-.jpg  

Shockwave as truck gun?-1918a2bar.jpg  

Shockwave as truck gun?-picture-160.jpg  

patkelly4370 and Nmuskier like this.

Get a Chiappa, sunglasses, and a Harley, and you'll be good to go....... OH Wait !! This is a NFA gun! UNLESS it has a 18 inch Barrel LOL Orrrrr a Mare's Leg from Henry? Crikey flipping good!
    airslot likes this.

JD
    Administrator
    1 thru 5, no.

In Free America they need to tighten those slings up.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links