PPQ Wins Head to Head Test

This is a discussion on PPQ Wins Head to Head Test within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The PPQ looks good in this test by Personal Defense World. I found this in my Tactical Wire email this morning. I have a 5" ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: PPQ Wins Head to Head Test

The PPQ looks good in this test by Personal Defense World. I found this in my Tactical Wire email this morning. I have a 5" PPQ in the Q5 Match version.

https://www.thetacticalwire.com/rele...5-9a03a77015d8

Hope this works. For some reason the link isn't showing blue like its hot, but I very rarely start a new thread on any forum.
    NRA Life Member
    Marine Corps Veteran
    Vietnam Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Litespeed View Post
    The PPQ looks good in this test by Personal Defense World. I found this in my Tactical Wire email this morning. I have a 5" PPQ in the Q5 Match version.

https://www.thetacticalwire.com/rele...5-9a03a77015d8

Hope this works. For some reason the link isn't showing blue like its hot, but I very rarely start a new thread on any forum.
    Testing is basically mostly based on opinions and the shooter... There are guns I shoot well that some can't and vice versa...
    Walk Soft, jejb and ca survivor like this.

Wonder how much the results of this " test " cost walther . Walther sure not in my top 4 Well better than glock for me but rather have the glock if that's my two choices .

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I'm not sure about these results. I love my PPQ to death, but there's no way its recoil control is anywhere near the M&P. Hell, my Gen1 M&P Shield flips less than the PPQ.

I really liked my PPS M2 but sent it down the road....I couldn't justify the weight compared to my
    CM9

The tree cutters arrived about the time I saw this article in my In Box so I didn't have time to look at the complete article in the Personal Defense World. I just quickly posted the link from Tactical Wire in my email. Here is a link to that full article:

https://www.personaldefenseworld.com...lice-sidearms/

All such articles are personal opinion as it is almost impossible to judge handguns pitted against each other since the shooters themselves vary so much in their physical attributes and personal likes/dislikes about every consumer item in common use. I personally would never, and I mean never, own another vehicle built by the Big Three while there are likely those on this board who would own nothing except vehicles built by those makers. Personal choice.

I currently own, or have owned, each of the guns in this test except the HK P30. I do own two VP9s which are excellent guns and should have been included in this test instead of the P30. In the full article I agree with some of their choices and disagree with others. I love my M&P 2.0 compact and never cared one bit for the lone Glock 17 I owned, but do like the Glock 19. Go figure. I also think nothing I have ever owned handles recoil better than my FN, but again, that is personal choice.

I have too many striker fired handguns and have owned numbers of others which I tried for awhile and eventually sold. Among the keepers are my three different versions of PPQs, but I do not recommend them or any other brand/model to others because their taste may be completely different from mine. Personal choice only. My choices aren't better than anyone who reads this thread and theirs definitely aren't better than mine. I'm just thankful that those of us in the USA have such an abundant choice of many fine handguns that we can buy, test and perhaps argue about which is best when there really is no such thing as Best.
    NRA Life Member
    Marine Corps Veteran
    Vietnam Veteran

I owned a tungsten gray 9mm PPQ until I made the mistake of taking my adult daughter to the range with me. After she fired the first magazine, she exclaimed, "Daddy, this would be the perfect early birthday present for me." She was right - it was the perfect present for her.
    Litespeed and MMinSC like this.

Distinguished Member Array flphotog's Avatar
    I've had Walther's I've liked and a couple that I didn't, the PPQ included. In the end I'll take any H&K anytime, but that's just my opinion like that article is the writers opinion. To each his own.
    Member COTEP 772, NRA, GOA, Florida Carry

Quote Originally Posted by gnius View Post
    I'm not sure about these results. I love my PPQ to death, but there's no way its recoil control is anywhere near the M&P. Hell, my Gen1 M&P Shield flips less than the PPQ.
    I use a crush grip and still notice the flip of a PPQ a bit, but consider it nothing bad or distracting. Their superior ergonomics help bring the sights back in line faster than most of my other strikers. They did require rubber Talons as the grip texture isn't as grippy as I like. I use Talons on most of my polymer framed strikers as well although the Gen4 Glock 19 doesn't need them.

I do agree that the M&P handles recoil better than the Qs, but it also handles recoil better than the other guns on the list, except for the FN in my opinion. The M&P is simply a good feeling and shooting handgun.

I also owned a Gen 1 Shield for some time and there is no way it handled recoil better than a PPQ. No way, at least not in my hands. Of the polymer framed striker fired single stack 9s that I've owned over the years my PPS M2 handles recoil best and again, I attribute that to the excellent Walther ergonomics. I never liked the original PPS Classic but I think the M2 grip is just right. Got the LE version with three magazine and luminous sights for $299. Again, shooters are different individuals with varying likes, dislikes and opinions.

I would like to have another M&P 2.0 at some point, this time in a 5 inch model. I had a Gen1 5" version several years ago. It was good and the trigger wasn't near as bad as some claimed, but I sold it to buy something else I wanted to try at that time. Done a lot of that over time.

Happy shooting in good health.
    NRA Life Member
    Marine Corps Veteran
    Vietnam Veteran

Seems like the striker fired HK VP9 would have been better comparison to the PPQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Litespeed View Post
    I also owned a Gen 1 Shield for some time and there is no way it handled recoil better than a PPQ. No way, at least not in my hands.
    Maybe I should rephrase - I think the PPQ flips more than the Shield. I think it handles follow up shots better, so its recoil control is somewhat better, but I certainly have to be much more careful for the sights to settle back correctly with the PPQ, whereas with the Shield if I am holding onto the gun tightly enough it feels like the gun stays flatter.
    I still vastly prefer the PPQ for long shooting sessions, and have shot all my classes with the PPQ.
    Litespeed likes this.

Love my PPQ M2. The ergos are excellent and I do not experience fatigue at the range like I have with other guns. The factory trigger is very smooth making repeated follow-up shots a breeze.
    Litespeed and Militant like this.

Quote Originally Posted by APX-9M View Post
    Testing is basically mostly based on opinions and the shooter...
    Yep, and some obviously flawed tests. The 320, they said, got dinged "for a few failures to feed and eject" and that the trigger had too short of a take up. I own several 320's and have 10's of thousands of rounds through them. They never miss a beat. I also own several other guns in their test, and I'm not a Sig fanboy saying the 320 should have won or anything. Just pointing out their testing/opinions are highly questionable, IMO.

We own several PPQ's, including the Q5 Match. Wife likes Walthers. I'm not a fan, I really don't like shooting any of them. Nice to have all the options we have these days, though.
    MMinSC likes this.

It failed my testing. First criteria to pass required the pistol to have a metal frame.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links