Two new guns completely revamped my carry rotation

This is a discussion on Two new guns completely revamped my carry rotation within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently bought two new guns and they have become my primary carry guns, mostly replacing my H&K VP9sk. First, I acquired a new S&W ...

Like Tree39Likes
  • 19 Post By TN_Mike
  • 1 Post By JD
  • 1 Post By gasmitty
  • 3 Post By bmcgilvray
  • 3 Post By zonker1986
  • 4 Post By mmb617
  • 2 Post By TN_Mike
  • 1 Post By TN_Mike
  • 1 Post By rocky
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By SouthernBoyVA
  • 1 Post By TN_Mike
  • 1 Post By OldVet

Thread: Two new guns completely revamped my carry rotation

I recently bought two new guns and they have become my primary carry guns, mostly replacing my H&K VP9sk.

First, I acquired a new S&W M&P 9 2.0. I love this gun. It shoots to point of aim out to about 15 yards and is just a joy to shoot. As some of the old timers here may know, I am not a big guy. Jut 5 foot 8 and I weigh about 190 at the moment. So this gun is realistically a full sized gun for me. I can carry it, and I can conceal it but it tends to be on the larger side for me.

So...I also got a Glock G43X, with night sights, replaced the mag catch with a metal one and bought two of the Shield Arms s15 magazines, thus making that slim little Glock a 15 +1 carry gun that as far as I am concerned cannot be beat. It is thin, it conceals like a dream and now holds 15 rounds plus one in the chamber, with a second 15 round mag as a spare. Perfection as far as I am concerned.

The M&P has become the night stand gun, with a 17 round mag in place and the G43X as the primary carry gun. The rotation is very well off at the moment.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I recently bought two new guns and they have become my primary carry guns, mostly replacing my H&K VP9sk.

First, I acquired a new S&W M&P 9 2.0. I love this gun. It shoots to point of aim out to about 15 yards and is just a joy to shoot. As some of the old timers here may know, I am not a big guy. Jut 5 foot 8 and I weigh about 190 at the moment. So this gun is realistically a full sized gun for me. I can carry it, and I can conceal it but it tends to be on the larger side for me.

So...I also got a Glock G43X, with night sights, replaced the mag catch with a metal one and bought two of the Shield Arms s15 magazines, thus making that slim little Glock a 15 +1 carry gun that as far as I am concerned cannot be beat. It is thin, it conceals like a dream and now holds 15 rounds plus one in the chamber, with a second 15 round mag as a spare. Perfection as far as I am concerned.

The M&P has become the night stand gun, with a 17 round mag in place and the G43X as the primary carry gun. The rotation is very well off at the moment.
    Welcome back

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Senior Moderator
    Nice to see your scary avatar back again, Mike!
    TN_Mike likes this.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Moderator
    Scary to see your nice avatar back again, Mike!

The magazine is even flush-fit.

https://shieldarms.com/s15
    TN_Mike, RETSUPT99 and airslot like this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

Freedom and responsibility appear to have been no more than an experimental blip in human history.

I have the M&P 2.0 compact with 4" barrel, 15 round mags......its is one of my new carry guns. Added TFO night sights and it is bad ass. No need to upgrade the trigger on this one.

The Shield Arms 15 round mag for the 43X just made me now want one. Why? Because its another Glock to add to my carry arsenal.
    TN_Mike, Fallsrider and Tundra5.7 like this.
    Give to them according to their deeds and according to the wickedness of their endeavors; give to them according to the work of their hands; render to them their deserts. Psalm 28:4

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    I have the M&P 2.0 compact with 4" barrel, 15 round mags.
    That is a great gun. I know I love mine.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Welcome back

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Thanks. And to everyone that has wished me a welcome back. Never really left, just haven't posted. Been working my butt off. A couple weeks ago, I submitted a time sheet with 98 hours and 45 minutes on it. But, for obvious reasons, things have slowed a bit the last week or so. So, here I am.n
    JD and airslot like this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I have an M&P 9 2.0 and it is a fine gun. It lives in my possible carry stable. The reason for this is that I have not been able to bring myself to the point of using some emory cloth on the grip to reduce the rather aggressive texture enough so that it is; (A) Not a problem carrying against bare skin and (B) Won't grab flannel or cloth shirts when drawing it from concealment.

My primary carry guns remain as two 9mm's (a gen3 Glock 19 and an first gen M&P 9c) and two .40S&W's (a much loved gen3 Glock 23 and a first gen M&P 40c). These guns are near perfect for my purposes.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoyVA View Post
    I have an M&P 9 2.0 and it is a fine gun. It lives in my possible carry stable. The reason for this is that I have not been able to bring myself to the point of using some emory cloth on the grip to reduce the rather aggressive texture enough so that it is; (A) Not a problem carrying against bare skin and (B) Won't grab flannel or cloth shirts when drawing it from concealment.

My primary carry guns remain as two 9mm's (a gen3 Glock 19 and an first gen M&P 9c) and two .40S&W's (a much loved gen3 Glock 23 and a first gen M&P 40c). These guns are near perfect for my purposes.
    This is actually one of the first things I did to mine. I did just enough to take the sharpness off the texture so it didn't scratch my skin or tear my undershirt when wearing one.
    Last edited by TN_Mike; March 22nd, 2020 at 08:27 PM.
    airslot likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Lead Moderator
    Good to see you still around and posting again. Sounds like you have what works I well for you .
    TN_Mike likes this.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Great! What works for you works for you. Who cares if it doesn't work for everyone else? You're not carrying them.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

This is actually one of the first things I did to mine. I did just enough to take the sharpness off the texture so it didn't scratch my skin or teat my undershirt when wearing one.
    Yes and this is what one really needs to do to the newer M&P's. I did this to a 2.0 version of their 9mm Shield. However, I still have not done it to my M&P 45 Sheild and my M&P Compact 9 2.0. Haven't been able to get myself to that point with those guns quite yet.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Great! What works for you works for you. Who cares if it doesn't work for everyone else? You're not carrying them.
    Truer words have rarely been spoken. Nice to see that you're still around OldVet.
    OldVet likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Truer words have rarely been spoken. Nice to see that you're still around OldVet.
    I keep ducking the shots!
    TN_Mike likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Sponsored Links