Got to hand it to Bersa and their CC .380

This is a discussion on Got to hand it to Bersa and their CC .380 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Now first off I'm a Glock man. Glock 26 and/or 43 are the carry guns. Glock 40 MOS 10mm is one of my field guns. ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Got to hand it to Bersa and their CC .380

Now first off I'm a Glock man. Glock 26 and/or 43 are the carry guns. Glock 40 MOS 10mm is one of my field guns. And at other times I'm a 1911 man to. .45 and 10mm!

But I wanted to see what the Bersa CC, which looked so cool, would do.

Bought a chromed CC Bersa .380 at a pawn shop. $175, tax included!! Came with case, papers, trigger lock key, and that one spent case. Just one mag.

Went out using Winchester white label FMJFP and CCI Gold dots. With the Winchesters at 5 yards (checking to see if the fixed sights shot POA) it put all 8 rounds into one ragged hole! And get this, right were the sights looked!! Holy cow! I did this with three mags full and then went to CCIs. The gold dots opened the group a bit but not much!

Later I got two new Bersa mags for the CC, I call the gun CC now, and Fiocchi ammo (FMJ). Groups not quite as good as the Winchesters and it shot a bit high. Maybe an inch high, big deal!

In all Iíve put about 100 rounds through the gun with all three mags. NOT ONE JAM!!!

Excellent! Total cost, including two spare mags, $237! No, it ainít my Kimber Classic Stainless MK 1 nor my Glock 26, but it is an excellent little carry gun!

Senior Member Array Petroleum 1's Avatar
    I have 2 of the .380 cc Bersaís ...very dependable shooters. They are in my carry rotation.
    Rabbit212 and DJC7 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    Bersa 380 are Good To Go in my experience with them, I recommend them to anyone looking for a 380. Inexpensive, proven design, acceptable cartridge what's not to like.
    OldChap and DJC7 like this.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I looked at the Thunder .380 when I first considered carrying, but after handling one, I felt it was large and heavy for that small of caliber. The pistol seemed nice enough, but for its size I wanted more punch. So I opted for my Glock 30. Yeah, still larger and heavier, but what a pleasure to shoot!
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I looked at the Thunder .380 when I first considered carrying, but after handling one, I felt it was large and heavy for that small of caliber. The pistol seemed nice enough, but for its size I wanted more punch. So I opted for my Glock 30. Yeah, still larger and heavier, but what a pleasure to shoot!
    Ohhh, heheh. Went with a slightly larger caliber, eh @OldVet ??
    OldVet and OD* like this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

One of my wifes first handguns is a bersa 380CC also . Great smaller pistol . One day she brought home the Bersa Thunder Plus also . Wider grip but a nice rubber grip and a slightly longer barrel and 15 rounds . May not be a 9mm or larger But 15 rounds of 380 is not chicken scratch ether . Both of the bersa's was have so far have run ever thing we tried , even my coated 95 loads ran great first try . As it turned out if my wife wants a smaller than her Kimber ultra she tends to grab a TCP 380 any more .
    DJC7 and OldVet like this.

I've never shot a CC380, (gonna have to try it one day), but I'm always sort of impressed with it's cousin...

Got to hand it to Bersa and their CC .380-bernardelli-model-80-380-acp.jpg

If they'd only figured out a better way of releasing the magazine! Oh...this is a Bernardelli Model 80 in 380.

There is a fair family resemblance.

Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  28.6 KB
    DJC7 likes this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Deaf Smith View Post
    Now first off I'm a Glock man. Glock 26 and/or 43 are the carry guns. Glock 40 MOS 10mm is one of my field guns. And at other times I'm a 1911 man to. .45 and 10mm!

But I wanted to see what the Bersa CC, which looked so cool, would do.

Bought a chromed CC Bersa .380 at a pawn shop. $175, tax included!! Came with case, papers, trigger lock key, and that one spent case. Just one mag.

Went out using Winchester white label FMJFP and CCI Gold dots. With the Winchesters at 5 yards (checking to see if the fixed sights shot POA) it put all 8 rounds into one ragged hole! And get this, right were the sights looked!! Holy cow! I did this with three mags full and then went to CCIs. The gold dots opened the group a bit but not much!

Later I got two new Bersa mags for the CC, I call the gun CC now, and Fiocchi ammo (FMJ). Groups not quite as good as the Winchesters and it shot a bit high. Maybe an inch high, big deal!

In all Iíve put about 100 rounds through the gun with all three mags. NOT ONE JAM!!!

Excellent! Total cost, including two spare mags, $237! No, it ainít my Kimber Classic Stainless MK 1 nor my Glock 26, but it is an excellent little carry gun!
    Just to clarify, did you get the Thunder CC .380 or the BPCC .380? I'm assuming the former. Either way, enjoy!

I have the BPCC in 9mm and love it. It's light, thin, accurate, reliable, fits my hand very well, points naturally and is a joy to shoot. My wife had the Thunder for a while. It was reliable, accurate and felt good in my hands. It kicked more than I thought it should, but overall I really liked it too. I personally feel like the Bersa brand is underappreciated in general, but for the most part it seems that folks who own them or get a chance to shoot them are impressed!
    "If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all." Romans 12:18 (ESV)

VIP Member
    There is a huge difference between the Thunder cc 380 and the BP380CC. I had the BP380CC, because when I bought it I was looking for "the most Glock Like .380," and it was indeed very Glock-like except for take down and reassembly when it was all but impossible to line up those teeny "scratches" on the side of the frame and slide.

As far as accuracy, it was spot on. It was totally non ammo picky and it even tolerated some amount of limp wristing which Glocks do not tolerate at all. It did have some rust - brand new out of the box, both on the barrel and in the magazines, but once I cleaned the gun and the magazines thoroughly with Frog Lube and hair dryer, there were no more rust issues at all.

Because of the difficulty in field stripping and reassembly, I wound up trading it for a Shield 380 EZ, which is ever so much easier to use and clean but has some problems, mostly related to the weak magazine springs. You can't expect to limp wrist a Shield and shoot the thing because if you do not have a truly high and TIGHT grip on the backstrap, the grip safety will not be pressed firmly enough and it just plain won't fire.

Back to the OP: I also firmly believe that Bersa is very underrated. You get an lot of reliable gun for the money! Most of the Bersa models do have a sharper recoil, but unless you have severe arthritis or are hyper-recoil sensitive, this should not be a problem.
    DJC7, Haywood and OldChap like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

New Member Array Gottasmilealot's Avatar
    Great deal for the money, dependable as any gun, and you even get one more round in the CC model. I put nice wood grips on mine which look great and provide good texture.
    DJC7 likes this.

@Deaf Smith do you have any locked breech .380s to compare the recoil against? I've owned a Glock 42 (now gone), Ruger LCP II, SIG P290RS and SCCY CPX-3, all locked breech. The LCP is not pleasant to shoot because it's so small and light, but the other 3 are all soft shooters. I've avoided blowback .380s because of their reputation for unpleasant recoil due to heavy slides and stiff springs

I sold a lot of them over the years, working in Gun Shops. I canít remember any complaints or come backs.
    ShooterGranny, DJC7 and Texron like this.
    Two Revolvers, Two Reloads, every day, all day.

If you lower your expectations enough you become satisfied.

I bought a thunder cc from my local pawn shop and brought it to my range the next day. I shot 100 rounds and was impressed with the accuracy and it ran flawlessly. I was a bit surprised by the recoil impulse which was stouter than I expected but by no means harsh. Took it home to clean it and couldnít get it apart. I brought it back to the store I bought it from and he couldnít take it apart; so, he gave me a full refund toward a Glock 42 which I have no regrets owning. I really liked the CC though and wouldnít mind owning a new one some day
    DJC7 likes this.

They are excellent shooters. For the money spent, hard to beat.
    DJC7, OD*, ShooterGranny and 1 others like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links