Best New Glock With a Little Help From Friends 43X - Page 2

Best New Glock With a Little Help From Friends 43X

This is a discussion on Best New Glock With a Little Help From Friends 43X within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm about the farthest thing from a "Glock guy" as you can get. That said - 15 rounds in that tiny package is intriguing......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Best New Glock With a Little Help From Friends 43X

I'm about the farthest thing from a "Glock guy" as you can get.

That said - 15 rounds in that tiny package is intriguing...
    bigpapa and OldChap like this.
    "All the armies of Europe and Asia could not by force take a drink from the Ohio River or make a track on the Blue Ridge in the trial of a thousand years...As a nation of free men we will live forever or die by suicide. ― Abraham Lincoln

When I first seem and handle one I liked it but it only holds 10 rounds so I said let me think about it, it felt great in my hand so when I found out that Shield Arms came out with a 15 rounds mag I jump on it. I took it out for the second time and wow I shoot this gun very well I shoot it better than all of my other guns and I have a few of them. I also added some Trijicon night sights on it, I was at the GS and they only had one set the one I have now, well it was around $160.00 or more but they had them on sale for $99.00 so I jump on it

These two targets are with about a little over 200 rounds, some 124gr LE GD and some 124gr LE Federal and ball ammo. I need or want to go back again but this virus thing has the city on lockdown now but as soon as it open I'm there shooting again, I forgot how far out the target was but yeah I am very please but I could get better of course.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best New Glock With a Little Help From Friends 43X-dscn3414.jpg  

Best New Glock With a Little Help From Friends 43X-dscn3418.jpg  

Best New Glock With a Little Help From Friends 43X-dscn3413.jpg  

BCC73 and OldChap like this.
    Luke 22:36
    Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Hope no none was on the other side of that door !!!!!
    OldChap, bigpapa and Mark_in_wi like this.
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Glock 43
    CZ P10 S

I have the Right to remain silent....just NOT the ability !!!
    NOT GIVING UP MY FREEDOMS

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

The more I handle the 43X, the more impressed I am. 15+1 in a nice small, light package.

The only dislike I have about the package is the darn magazine catch. Installing one is a piece of cake. Removing one is like fighting an angry alligator mom for a nesting place. It isn't for the faint of heart. One tiny piece of advice. When you watch youTube videos of folks getting the spring out of the mag catch when installed looks like it's just a minor operation...do not believe it. Especially a factory mag catch. I thought about using plastic explosive, but after stabbing my finger and almost 30 minutes, I finally got the spring (??) out of the catch.

Otherwise, it is an extraordinary carry piece.
    BCC73 and bigpapa like this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    The more I handle the 43X, the more impressed I am. 15+1 in a nice small, light package.

The only dislike I have about the package is the darn magazine catch. Installing one is a piece of cake. Removing one is like fighting an angry alligator mom for a nesting place. It isn't for the faint of heart. One tiny piece of advice. When you watch youTube videos of folks getting the spring out of the mag catch when installed looks like it's just a minor operation...do not believe it. Especially a factory mag catch. I thought about using plastic explosive, but after stabbing my finger and almost 30 minutes, I finally got the spring (??) out of the catch.

Otherwise, it is an extraordinary carry piece.

Well, if you do decide to get one and go with some of the Shield Arms 15 rounds mag they recommend get the aluminum mag catch that they sale also, I bought one they said that using the steel mags with the factory mag catch it will eat up the factory mag catch so I replace mines with the SA mag catch it work great. I did take out the mag catch and reinstalled it, I did watch some youtube video and now I feel confident that I can do it and I did it was one rod type spring that I use a dentist tool to push it to the side and lift it out. It did take me a few tries but I did it.

When I saw that SA came out with the 15 round mag I was on it, so now this is a game-changer for sure.
    OldChap likes this.
    Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by BCC73 View Post
    Hope no none was on the other side of that door !!!!!

Lol, yeah I know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links