Best New Glock With a Little Help From Friends 43X

This is a discussion on Best New Glock With a Little Help From Friends 43X within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Parental Warning: I like Glocks. (Of course, I like all guns, I'm not stuck on any one model.) I have been checking out a new ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Best New Glock With a Little Help From Friends 43X

Parental Warning: I like Glocks. (Of course, I like all guns, I'm not stuck on any one model.)

I have been checking out a new one that just became my favorite and might replace my beloved Glock 19/23 size carry guns. The Glock 43X.

As it comes from the factory it is useful: 9mm and 10+1 rounds. Very thin. Very light. Fits my hand extraordinarily well. Disappears when carried. Easy to work on and clean. Lots of aftermarket goodies available. In short, just like a lot of other Glocks.

Best New Glock With a Little Help From Friends 43X-glock-43x.jpg

My slide is black, because I discovered that you can simply swap the slide from a G43 onto a G43X frame. I like both models, but the 43X holds a few more rounds and the grip is just slightly thicker and longer. BUT, along came this bunch with an absolutely amazing design for the 43X:

https://shieldarms.com/s15

Now I have a gun that is much easier to carry, lighter, and I have 15+1 rounds in a flush fitting magazine that makes it the exact same size as the factory 43X. That is the same capacity as my G19 with a flush fitting magazine. You do have to change out the magazine catch from polymer to aluminum, but other than that, those mags just function flawlessly. I am impressed. Even though some scoff at the 9mm, I load mine up with Federal 124 gr +P HST's. With one extra Shield Arms mag, I can carry 31 rounds. I believe that might be adequate.

Anyway, some of you might be like me and said, "Who needs a tiny Glock?" Truth be told, nobody NEEDS more than one gun, but isn't it fun trying out different ones? Is this a great country, or what?
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

My EDC is the 43---just works perfect for me. I'm struggling lately to maybe go 43X but just can't justify the expense !! I use the Magguts +2's so I have 9 on board with 1 8rd. reload. So having 10 is not a huge deal. Wondering about the added weight of the 15rd mag and longer frame of the 43x.....my G19 is always there for me.
    Read a lot these days of guys going 43x just because of the SA 15 !!! HMMMMMMM...Ö.
    OldChap likes this.
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Glock 43
    CZ P10 S

I have the Right to remain silent....just NOT the ability !!!
    NOT GIVING UP MY FREEDOMS

Quote Originally Posted by BCC73 View Post
    My EDC is the 43---just works perfect for me. I'm struggling lately to maybe go 43X but just can't justify the expense !! I use the Magguts +2's so I have 9 on board with 1 8rd. reload. So having 10 is not a huge deal. Wondering about the added weight of the 15rd mag and longer frame of the 43x.....my G19 is always there for me.
    Read a lot these days of guys going 43x just because of the SA 15 !!! HMMMMMMM...Ö.
    I bought a 43X frame here:

https://www.bigtexoutdoors.com/produ...-34-43-43x-48/

Now all I need to do is swap the slide from one to the other.

BTW The bit of extra weight is in the grip, so the gun "feels" pretty much the same. The frame is very slightly larger (length and width) but after a while, it feels pretty much the same as the 43 - to me.
    BCC73 likes this.

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    I bought a 43X frame here:

https://www.bigtexoutdoors.com/produ...-34-43-43x-48/

Now all I need to do is swap the slide from one to the other.

BTW The bit of extra weight is in the grip, so the gun "feels" pretty much the same. The frame is very slightly larger (length and width) but after a while, it feels pretty much the same as the 43 - to me.
    Thanks for the link
    OldChap likes this.
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Glock 43
    CZ P10 S

I have the Right to remain silent....just NOT the ability !!!
    NOT GIVING UP MY FREEDOMS

Congrats on your new gun, I traded my G43 for a Kahr MK40. I had always wanted a MK series and the opportunity came up so I went for it. I like the features of the G43X so may end up checking one out. At this point I'm pretty satisfied with my G26 and G27 though.
    OldChap likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by norcalAF View Post
    Congrats on your new gun, I traded my G43 for a Kahr MK40. I had always wanted a MK series and the opportunity came up so I went for it. I like the features of the G43X so may end up checking one out. At this point I'm pretty satisfied with my G26 and G27 though.
    As a friend of mine says, "There are no flies on the G26 or 27."
    norcalAF likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    As a friend of mine says, "There are no flies on the G26 or 27."
    Throw the OEM G33 barrel in the G27 and it's a handful of lightning as well.
    OldChap likes this.

Iíve got a 43x too. Silver slide on the black frame. I didnít know about the silver slide at first, but the all black Glock look is a bit tired. So, I actually like the two tone look for a change.
    I also have three of the Shield Arms 15 rd mags. Love this gun!
    OldChap likes this.
    Iím tip top, but Iím not Robin Hood!
    The man's nuts....grab 'em!
    A pistol free zone is a crime spree zone!
    NRA Life Member
    Thugs that comply, don't die!
    #Slugs for Thugs

I've always wanted to try .357 Sig...I picked up a used G27 recently and I have a feeling a 357 Sig barrel will be high on my purchasing list.

I honestly initially dismissed the 43x because for the same basic dimensions I could carry my G19, but the Shield Arms mag definitely makes it more desirable. I don't have any problem concealing my G19 so that pushes this down my purchasing list some for the time being, but still it's a good combination.

Wonder if Glock is working on a response to the P365/ Hellcat....
    OldChap likes this.

.357 Sig + Glock = Perfection
    OldChap likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    43X has replaced my beloved CZ's as my EDC and that's something I didnt think was possible.
    OldChap and BCC73 like this.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

Quote Originally Posted by wondering View Post
    I've always wanted to try .357 Sig...I picked up a used G27 recently and I have a feeling a 357 Sig barrel will be high on my purchasing list.

I honestly initially dismissed the 43x because for the same basic dimensions I could carry my G19, but the Shield Arms mag definitely makes it more desirable. I don't have any problem concealing my G19 so that pushes this down my purchasing list some for the time being, but still it's a good combination.

Wonder if Glock is working on a response to the P365/ Hellcat....
    I have a few full sized/duty sized guns in 357 Sig, and a Sig P239 Sas in 357 Sig. Love that round. Surprisingly easy to shoot. Especially in the P239!
    Like you, I didnít think that Iíd want/need a 43x. Also like you, I used to carry my G19 almost exclusively. Was the perfect gun for a long time. I bought a 43x after shooting one that my friend has. I love it. That said, I use it mostly as a range gun, but it pulls duty as a second gun, if/when I carry one. But my main carry gun now is my Gen 4 G27. I actually shoot that gun better than the full size G22, and my 19 and 43x. Strange but true. I have several 40 S&W pistols. I donít know why all the fuss over it being harsh and hard to shoot.
    wondering and OldChap like this.
    Iím tip top, but Iím not Robin Hood!
    The man's nuts....grab 'em!
    A pistol free zone is a crime spree zone!
    NRA Life Member
    Thugs that comply, don't die!
    #Slugs for Thugs

This is my edc since I bought mines, I have three S15 mags man I love this gun and it's my carry that I will be carrying probably through the summer and maybe in the Fall .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best New Glock With a Little Help From Friends 43X-dscn3344.jpg  

Best New Glock With a Little Help From Friends 43X-dscn3340.jpg  

Best New Glock With a Little Help From Friends 43X-dscn3343.jpg  

Luke 22:36
    Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

When I first saw the 43x, my first thought was, why? After shooting my sons 43x I find it to be an excellent option for anyone looking for an easily concealable pistol and with the Shield Arms 15 round magazines it is even more attractive.
    OldChap, BCC73 and bigpapa like this.

Isn't it curious how you start out thinking something has no purpose whatsoever, then a different thought comes along and suddenly you see things in a different light? A few of my examples:

* AR-15 Pistol - Useless until I took a second look. Now I keep one handy for Mrs OldChap as a bedside gun.
    * 300 AAC Blackout - Useless until I discovered just how useful it really is.
    * 9mm AR-15 Pistol - Useless until I built one. Now I believe every home should have one.
    * Kel-Tec Sub2000 in 40 S&W - Useless until I actually handled one and realized that it was perfect to put in a computer bag, alongside a slab of Level IIIA body armor, several big magazines, and other goodies - as a long gun that could be carried to the truck for a days outing and not frighten the horses!
    * A Red Dot sight on a Glock - Useless until I realized these tired old eyes benefit immensely from the gadget.
    * Tiny pistols - Useless until I discovered the truth that they can go anywhere in ways and times when the big guns have to be left behind.
    * Glock 43/43/43X - Useless until I actually picked one up and gave it some thought. Now I rotate between three everyday carry guns: Glock 23 with HST's, Glock 20 with atomic fireball Underwood 135's, and the little Glock 43X with HST 124 +P's because it is so danged easy to carry!
    JOEYTELLY likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links