What size handgun do you EDC? - Page 7

What size handgun do you EDC?

This is a discussion on What size handgun do you EDC? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Recon1342 Referring mostly to those folks who think anything larger than a G42 is a big gun. My personal EDC is a ...

View Poll Results: What size handgun do you EDC

Voters
235. You may not vote on this poll
  • Single stack: 3.1" - 4" barrel; 6-8 capacity; (Shield, etc)

50 21.28%
  • Subcompact: 10-13 capacity (Glock 26, M&P 9c, etc)

39 16.60%
  • Compact: 14-15 capacity (Glock 19, M&P 2.0 Compact, etc)

30 12.77%
  • Full-size: (Gock 17 or > 4" barrel, etc)

28 11.91%
  • Hybrid: (P365, Hellcat, etc)

15 6.38%
  • Mouse/Pocket: (LCP, CM9, =< 3" barrel)

21 8.94%
  • J-Frame and similar

26 11.06%
  • K - N Frame and similar

6 2.55%
  • Other

20 8.51%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree291Likes

Thread: What size handgun do you EDC?

Quote Originally Posted by Recon1342 View Post
    Referring mostly to those folks who think anything larger than a G42 is a big gun. My personal EDC is a CZ P07; Iím working on getting the 642 figured out as a BUG...
    I never really got in to the BUG ideology. Itís been a catchy buzz phrase for a long time, but if you stop and think about it, if you are having to use it, itís now your primary.

Having said that, I often carry my 442 as a primary piece by itself.
    Wavygravy, Redbert31, ctr and 4 others like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

Distinguished Member
    I don't carry more than one gun at a time anymore. No need for me. Depending on factors, I carry a 9, a .45, or a pocket .380. If it's the pocket .380, it's not a BUG, it's my primary at the time.
    And no, I don't really need to hear the big gun Harry chorus of "BUT, if you need a gun, why carry the .380 instead of a bigger gun" and all the other tried and truisms. It's my life, and my quick run to the Post Office 2 blocks away. If I think a .380 or other pocket pistol is more than sufficient for the potential "threat," OK? OK.
    G-man*, Redbert31, ctr and 3 others like this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post
    I don't carry more than one gun at a time anymore. No need for me. Depending on factors, I carry a 9, a .45, or a pocket .380. If it's the pocket .380, it's not a BUG, it's my primary at the time.
    And no, I don't really need to hear the big gun Harry chorus of "BUT, if you need a gun, why carry the .380 instead of a bigger gun" and all the other tried and truisms. It's my life, and my quick run to the Post Office 2 blocks away. If I think a .380 or other pocket pistol is more than sufficient for the potential "threat," OK? OK.
    Yep. Just like there is gun-centric, there is caliber-centric. The latter is probably more pervasive.
    Wavygravy, Redbert31, ctr and 2 others like this.
    -Jeff Cooper

-Joe Foss

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Glock 43X with Shield Arms 15 round mag or Glock 19 MOS
    BCC73 and Redbert31 like this.

I'm rather fond of my Bersa Thunder 380, but since I became a member of our Church security team I went back to my Bersa 9UC. In the process, I found a remedy for the grip not being long enough for my large hands. I now use modified Ruger SR9C mag sleeves on the 17 round Bersa 9HC mags.

What size handgun do you EDC?-03-large-mag.jpg
    Redbert31 and Militant like this.
    USAF, Retired
    ✟✟✟ Then said He unto them, ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36 ✟✟✟
    Life Member: VFW, VVA, DAV, VSPA, NRA

Other. Wilson Combat Tactical Carry (4" Commander). 9mm, 10 round mag + one in the pipe. Two spare mags.

What size handgun do you EDC?-tactical-carry-compact-_new1478.jpg

I voted "other". I pocket carry Boberg XR9-S, which is the size of mousegun (smaller than some ov them), but has 3.35 inch barrel. The company was bought out, so its successor goes under name Bond Arms bullpup.

I had to vote other. I have a P30LS, Sig P226, and a M&P. All 4-1/2" barrels. I'm just not into the smaller pistols. No Glocks!
    msgt/ret likes this.
    NRA lifetime member

Flint

Hellcat with a red dot in a crossbreed holster
    Max
    USCG Ret. Code Enforcement Officer, Small Arms Instructor.

Quote Originally Posted by G-man* View Post
    I never really got in to the BUG ideology. Itís been a catchy buzz phrase for a long time, but if you stop and think about it, if you are having to use it, itís now your primary.

Having said that, I often carry my 442 as a primary piece by itself.
    Itís odd you should mention it... Iíve carried the CZ in its normal OWB location and the 642 in my weak side front pocket over the past couple of days, and Iíve decided that trying to carry two guns at once is not really worth the hassle. Iím no longer getting paid to be shot at, nor am I being paid to collar criminals...

Iím still of the firm opinion that the most valuable weapon one brings to a fight is oneís wits.
    ďWe must remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school.Ē
    Ė Thucydides

Quote Originally Posted by Recon1342 View Post
    Itís odd you should mention it... Iíve carried the CZ in its normal OWB location and the 642 in my weak side front pocket over the past couple of days, and Iíve decided that trying to carry two guns at once is not really worth the hassle. Iím no longer getting paid to be shot at, nor am I being paid to collar criminals...

Iím still of the firm opinion that the most valuable weapon one brings to a fight is oneís wits.
    Yes sir; I absolutely believe in that.
    I also believe that a good measure of skill to go along with mindset is a winning combination that there is no substitute for.

I have at times carried 2 guns, but that was by far the exception and not the rule. Risk assessment is something I have lived by for my entire professional and personal life....it works.

Far to many people believe that if they carry the biggest and baddest heater they are well armed....and they may be, if they are skilled and mentally prepared.
    However it may be, my goal is to have achieved enough proficiency with what ever I choose, with the understanding that skill and tactics sometimes rule the day over brute force and a false sense of security.

I make my choices based on my needs at the time, and what fits that role best, which is the luxury of competency with what you have at your disposal, rather than trying to make one size fit all.
    -Jeff Cooper

-Joe Foss

Distinguished Member
    ^^^ @G-man* 's post --
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

I mostly carry my Taurus 709 Slim. If I am wearing something that prevents me from easily concealing it, I have a Taurus TCP .380 that I will switch to.
    G-man* likes this.

Kimber Ultra + CDP 7+1, always with a spare mag or two.
    What size handgun do you EDC?-20200125_000242_1585927351849.jpg
    CDW4ME, msgt/ret and Militant like this.
    ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED...until --> Y O U <-- verify. Shoot straight, Be safe!!!

Kimber Compact CDP II w/7-round mag, one in the pipe, IWB with 2 spare 8-round mags.
    CDW4ME likes this.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them"
    - George Mason, American Statesman (1725-92)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Sponsored Links