Corona at-home carry

Corona at-home carry

This is a discussion on Corona at-home carry within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; With many of us trying to work from home, while caring for and schooling the kids, was wondering what everyone is carrying while home-bound? Has ...

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree325Likes

Thread: Corona at-home carry

Corona at-home carry

With many of us trying to work from home, while caring for and schooling the kids, was wondering what everyone is carrying while home-bound?

Has the situation changed anything for you, or given you opportunities you wouldn’t have at work?

At home there’s no need for concealment (much different than my NPE at work), but I don’t necessarily want to give the kids a bunker mentality either. The first week, I belt carried my G26 or 19, but that got tiresome quickly when playing with my daughter. Also got looks from the Mrs when clunking into the good wooden chairs...

So I’ve settled into a happy medium. More capability than my usual dual LCPs while at work, but also more concealed and comfortable than belt carry. And that is, my Ruger DAO SP101 .357 snub in my right pocket, with one LCP in the left pocket as backup.

One speed loader in front on my belt in an old dump pouch that I modded by trimming some of the leather away to clear the strip. It’s black on my black belt, almost invisible. One spare mag in my left rear pocket as usual.

The SP101 is surprisingly comfortable despite the weight. It peeks out of the pocket so it wouldn’t be appropriate for work, but is fine while at home.

So, how about you?
    Stay calm and listen to SKA!

I haven't changed my carry habits due to the virus even though I'm working from home. YMMV.

Nothing has changed, we have sheltered in place for years.
    bmcgilvray, Nmuskier, mkh and 9 others like this.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Array 1gunsnowbird's Avatar
    I don't generally carry in the house, but lately I've been slipping an LCPII or Glock 42 into my right front pocket early in the morning while drinking a cup of tea on the patio and reading more tripe (so the wife calls my novels). Some times at night if I go out on the patio for a pipe of tobacco or a beverage and some reading I'll also put one of those two guns into my pocket. Otherwise, my threat assessment needle hasn't moved very far … but that could change if I hear of desperate people doing desperate things.
    mkh, Redbert31 and SaltyPirate like this.
    Gumfighter - Big bubbles, no troubles. Hubba Bubba bubble gum

Only thing extra I’m carrying at home is a couple pounds.
    "If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all." Romans 12:18 (ESV)

Nothing different here. Two Snubs, all day every day.
    10thmtn, CDW4ME, drmordo and 2 others like this.
    Two Revolvers, Two Reloads, every day, all day.

Senior Moderator
    I'm not totin' around the house.

Have pocketed the wretched Kel Tec P3AT while doing chores outside. Sitting here typing this I can reach for something close by that is more substantial than a .380, at the reloading bench can do the same thing, and after I retire for the night I can offer any house breaker "choices" of guns he wishes to be on the receiving end of.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

Freedom and responsibility appear to have been no more than an experimental blip in human history.”

4 squares of TP and 2 Clorox wipes...

We are retired so nothing has changed here. I am carrying a Colt Delta Elite 10mm and a spare magazine on my belt from the time I get dressed until it goes on the nightstand when I go to bed.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Interesting comments about not carrying while at home. I always do, because “at home” quickly becomes “outside” when you have kids. My daughter in particular takes every opportunity to go out, even just coming with me to the mailbox or taking out the trash. That usually ends up being a half hour outside playing.

No need to arm up, if you’re already armed.

Most importantly, the safest place for the gun is under my control with kids around.
    Stay calm and listen to SKA!

Same thing as any other time.
    Check out the CR-12 - wilkinsontactical.com

I don't normally carry on my person in the house but wherever my carcass is parked there is a firearm as easily accessed as my glass of Bitburger. It's business as usual for me. I was socially distanced before the Corona Virus made it mandatory.
    Redbert31 and 1gunsnowbird like this.
    Bill

VIP Member
    I'm carrying the same guns in the same holsters as always. The only real difference is no cover garment.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.”― Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    I'm not totin' around the house.

Have pocketed the wretched Kel Tec P3AT while doing chores outside. Sitting here typing this I can reach for something close by that is more substantial than a .380, at the reloading bench can do the same thing, and after I retire for the night I can offer any house breaker "choices" of guns he wishes to be on the receiving end of.
    I’m in this camp.

If I’m outside, I’ll slip a j frame in the back pocket while cutting brush or other chores, but inside I’d rather relax and unwind without the extra baggage.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Attachment 320100
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Corona at-home carry-5f54e47b-a464-4223-82ed-216650b198a2.png  

Corona at-home carry-26e475d9-4e95-4647-ab28-8d9dd4d88dba.jpeg  

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links