The Ruger RAP9X19mm & 45ACP 2017

This is a discussion on The Ruger RAP9X19mm & 45ACP 2017 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The Ruger RAP9X19mm & 45ACP-2017. Apparently not a market place success for Ruger but I like them and still have my examples....

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By dennis40x
  • 1 Post By GPNP
  • 1 Post By Tundra5.7
  • 1 Post By Jjones45
  • 1 Post By APX-9M

Thread: The Ruger RAP9X19mm & 45ACP 2017

Distinguished Member Array dennis40x's Avatar

The Ruger RAP9X19mm & 45ACP 2017-img_6595a.jpg
    The Ruger RAP9X19mm & 45ACP-2017. Apparently not a market place success for Ruger but I like them and still have my examples.
    APX-9M likes this.

Distinguished Member Array dennis40x's Avatar
    The Ruger RAP series 9X19mm and 45ACP suffered from a certain amount of internet unsubstantiated chatter from individuals whom posed themselves as lets use the term expert's with out actual expertise. There were critiques that I a non expert found wanting when I actually shot the RAP pistols and let others shoot the pistols also. Its amazing how internet chatter shapes perceptions. Just my thoughts' from a non expert.

What the Internet says doesn't matter to me. I've got a RAP 45c and I love it. The internet said the .40s&w was dead too. Still got two of them. Do what works for you.
    dennis40x likes this.
    A .380 in your pocket is better than a .45 at home.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Looks like some pretty darn good shootin' to me! As long as they are reliable, I'd have no problem carrying one, especially as well as you seem to be shooting them.
    dennis40x likes this.

Not a market success, but a good functional handgun non the less. I’d be interested in a RAP 45 compact if I seen one for a good price. That’s mainly because I have a compact 45 bug right now, not because I’m enamored with the RAP series of guns. Otherwise the RAP doesn’t interest me because I have other striker fired guns that do what I need a polymer pistol to do and the rugers can’t do that any better. I’m still in the camp that likes the SR series of guns better and I would have liked to see a gen 2 version of that instead of the American. Good guns, just don’t really interest me.
    dennis40x likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dennis40x View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6595A.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	3.80 MB 
ID:	321234
    The Ruger RAP9X19mm & 45ACP-2017. Apparently not a market place success for Ruger but I like them and still have my examples.
    Hate to say it, but IMHO the main reason why it wasn't a success is because it wasn't pretty enough for a lot of people. If it was more tactical looking, it would have been a success.

I always wanted one, but held off because I didn't see Ruger keeping it around for long, they don't seem to be supporting or really pushing them, and there's almost zero aftermarket support. Other than that, I'd have one.
    dennis40x likes this.

Sponsored Links