Gunshow- No spouses allowed: Quirky gun needs or justifications? - Page 2

Gunshow- No spouses allowed: Quirky gun needs or justifications?

This is a discussion on Gunshow- No spouses allowed: Quirky gun needs or justifications? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Rock and Glock I have two or three of some gun. Exact duplicates. My DW always ask's "Shouldn't we have two?" and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree156Likes

Thread: Gunshow- No spouses allowed: Quirky gun needs or justifications?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    I have two or three of some gun. Exact duplicates.

My DW always ask's "Shouldn't we have two?" and "Don't I need one too?"
    Same here usually, except reversed. When I get a new gun or another case of ammo, ShooterGramps more often than not NEEDS another one of at least something similar since we shoot different calibers! The most interesting "goof" (read that as waste of good money) was when I got the LCR .22lr and he absolutely had to have the same thing in .22WMR. Both of them got traded off for pennies on the dollar within a short length of time. Nasty little things they were - but cute!

At this point in our lives we seem to be stable as far as new gun wants/needs. Key words: Seem To Be.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

My EX Wife once asked if I thought I should have discussed the purchase of a $700 pistol with her before I bought it. I reflected on the question briefly and told her I couldn't think of a single reason why I should have. Notice I said EX Wife. You do the math!
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will just bring you down to their level - and then beat you with experience." George Carlin

VIP Member
    My husband doesn't need my approval for something like a gun purchase and he doesn't care what I buy either. Obviously this excludes things like cars and houses, but the small stuff...nope.

We're both fiscally conservative though, so it's never gotten out of hand.
    Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.- Mark Twain

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Moderator
    Buy Glocks, they all look the same.
    Proverbs 27:12 says: “The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.”

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    "Buy Glocks, they all look the same."

^^^
    DZUS likes this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Senior Moderator
    A friend off mine has several Ruger No.1’s because......they all look alike. Really. He has eight or nine...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Senior Moderator
    My 5 1911s are all different, as are my 5 10-22s!
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Wifee used to ask me, why do you need so many guns. I just turned and ask her why do you need so many shoes and purses, that was the end of that.

Distinguished Member Array DZUS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    My wife has her Oregon Concealed Handgun License. She carries and is a shooter. When she sees gun grabbers on television, she turns to me and says, "Go buy more guns and ammo." She is currently upset that I haven't bought the James Arness - Gunsmoke commemorative six-shooter at the LGS.
    Keep that Gal!

Armed And Harmless
    ----
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

Quote Originally Posted by RETSUPT99 View Post
    Buy Glocks, they all look the same.
    Not always, I've owned 30+ Glock 19s and not all of them have looked the same
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

My wife is a shooter and CC licensed. We have about the same number of handguns. We almost always have a purpose/reason for buying a new one. More accuracy, more capacity, better grip fit, etc. That's the only thing we really need to justify, and that is mostly to ourselves. Once either of us feels they need a new gun, the other is supportive of it. They are tools to us, not collectables, and get shot a lot. At this point, we generally trade/sell something when we get something new. There is always one or two that were great at first, but are now mostly gathering dust in our respective gun safes.

We buy firearms because we want to. Do not justify it for any reason or to anyone. be it hand gun of rifle. Don't play games be honest with your self and others.
    Why did you buy that ? Because I wanted to. then the conversation mores on to more important thing.
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    Yes Taurus really does suck. But in fairness they sure turned it around fast on warranty repair. Time will tell

The OP's opening remark No Women Allowed makes me think of another old remark - A male chauvinist pig . HA

My wife ask a bout a pistol she could use in a local ladys match that had an optic and she ask about the m&p core . We read up on the model and she said she was not sure and that was that for a couple weeks but she liked it and she did handle a couple full size m&P's at our general store . Then one day come home from work one day to find my wife sitting at the firearm bench cleaning a disassembled M&P CORE and a RM02 optic sitting next to it . I ordered a apex FSS trigger kit for it right away . I have done the same kind of thing but the budget there for the occasional toys but nether of us will act like a fool when shopping or use a " No Spouse Allowed " remark but then my wife and I have been together for 44 years married for 40 years . She bought her first firearm , a DW 15-2 357mag 2 weeks after our first date and shooting my old 15-2 .
    bmcgilvray likes this.

I've got more guns to cover everything I need a gun for. I could never justify buying another at the expense of something we need. I still buy guns, but not because I need them, I just want it and I don't try to justify it beyond that. If I need to replace a dishwasher, and find a good deal on a pistol I think is cool I can generally do both. If time are lean I will wait to buy the toy.
    "Some people go to bed with Lucifer..........then cry, cry, cry when they don't greet the day with God."

My Wife of 43yrs Shares my Passion for things that go Bang.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gunshow- No spouses allowed: Quirky gun needs or justifications?-dottie-shoots-686.jpg  

hardluk1 likes this.
    A Pistol in the Bedroom
    A Shotgun near the Door
    A 308 for Reaching out
    You Don't need any More

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links