Quick Note on Stealthgear Mini IWB

This is a discussion on Quick Note on Stealthgear Mini IWB within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had been carrying around property and house for a few months with my Stealthgear ONYX (IWB) holster. Found it to be extremely comfortable and ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kmanick

Thread: Quick Note on Stealthgear Mini IWB

I had been carrying around property and house for a few months with my Stealthgear ONYX (IWB) holster. Found it to be extremely comfortable and continued to use same after I received my license. I've worn that holster on long car trips and barely notice it. I had also ordered one of their new Minis just to give it a try. My initial though was that the mini with the different clip spacing would work better with some pants.

All I can say is "wow". It's a bit easier to position with the different (shorter) clip spacing since I'm usually only contending with one belt loop. It disappears completely when I'm sitting in our cars, both narrow seat VWs. The Mini uses a new version of the plastic belt clips which I'm sure are now present on all Stealthgear holsters; these are "springier" and easier to get around a thick belt.

I would recommend either with hesitation, but the Mini will now be my go-to holster. I'm wearing my holstered HK P2000 and sitting on a couch as I type this.

I have the Stealthgear Mini for my Range Officer Champion and its my go-to IWB as well for every day carry. Super comfortable and the shell molds and covers the important parts. ;)

Nice to know. I have an ONYX and a Flex for my shield and a Flex for my XDM 3.8 .45 C.
    I have an M&P 9C that needs a holster, I think I'll try the Mini.
    I may be picking up a Sig P320C shortly as well, I hope that is not too large to use with a Mini.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

My "Mini" just arrived today. 21 day turnaround this time. by far the fastest I've had yet with these guys so ...Yay!!!
    I got this Mini for my M&P 9C, so far so good, I'll have to wear it for a week or so to really know whether I give it a thumbs up or down.
    I like the Onyx I use with my shield, but I "Love" the Flex. I've come to like OWB much more and since I only have 4 hot months
    a year here, concealing the Flex under an oversized shirt/sweatshirt/fleece is not a problem.
    if I don't love this one or decide the 9C is just too thick to carry IWB I will swap it for a flex.
    when I get a chance I'll take some comparison pics between the 3 , if anyone is interested.
    kristo likes this.

Always love photos!

Pictures or it never happened

Size comparison
    Quick Note on Stealthgear Mini IWB-img_1696-2-.jpg
    flush mags (well the shield has the Pierce extension on it)
    Quick Note on Stealthgear Mini IWB-img_1697.jpg
    both with extended
    Quick Note on Stealthgear Mini IWB-img_1698-3-.jpg
    Flex (the 9C is in the XDM holster)
    Quick Note on Stealthgear Mini IWB-img_1699-2-.jpg
    shield and xdm
    Quick Note on Stealthgear Mini IWB-img_1700-2-.jpg
    these have nothing todo with the holsters just for FYI
    xdm with Pierce +1 (10 round now)
    Quick Note on Stealthgear Mini IWB-img_1702.jpg
    with a full size 10 round mag with the sleeve
    Quick Note on Stealthgear Mini IWB-img_1703.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Quick Note on Stealthgear Mini IWB-img_1699-3-.jpg  

Thanks for sharing and taking the time to upload the photos! Looks like your Shield and XD fit nicely and are very comfortable in their surroundings. For reference here's my RO Champion in my Mini IWB.

Flex shots. the 9C here is in a Jm Kustom Kydex that I had made for a FS M&P .40 I'm sending it back to John at JM
    and he is going to resize it down to the 9C for me (the barrel section is a little long right now) .
    The JM Kustom Kydex also rides very comfortably so I want to keep it.
    Last edited by kmanick; October 2nd, 2016 at 10:18 PM.

Sponsored Links