Kore Essentials Trakline Belt - Page 3

Kore Essentials Trakline Belt

This is a discussion on Kore Essentials Trakline Belt within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got a brown one a little over a year ago, have worn it every day except for work days. I'm a correctional officer and ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Kore Essentials Trakline Belt

I got a brown one a little over a year ago, have worn it every day except for work days. I'm a correctional officer and work 4 on 4 off, so about 6 months of wear. No problems with it at all. Like others have noted, it's best used for lighter duty, 30 ounces and less. I like it so much I bought a black one for work. It holds up hand cuffs, keys, pepper spray, and radio well. I love the adjustability.

Photos of the failure on my belt. The brown one shows cracks and you can tell it is broken inside. Just a matter of time until the leather separates on it also. Have a black Hanks belt with a 100 year warranty arriving today.

Worn every day in cool weather. Brown belt in warm weather. Shield in Aliengear holster two days a week. I love the belt and the adjustability but it is not durable.

Attachment 287144

Attachment 287146

Attachment 287148
    If you think things are bad for you, Remember there is a Mr. Pelosi!
    Duct Tape may not fix stupid but it sure can muffle the sound! :D
    It isnít the first person who fires who wins gun fights, but is usually the first person to land effective hits.

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    If/when my kore belt fails I'm thinking about trying one of these. Thicker, stiffer and lifetime warranty.

RGB Ratchet Gun Belt | CCW, EDC & Dress Belt All In One
    graydude likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    If/when my kore belt fails I'm thinking about trying one of these. Thicker, stiffer and lifetime warranty.

RGB Ratchet Gun Belt | CCW, EDC & Dress Belt All In One
    That was on my Christmas list, and is still on the birthday list. I may end up just buying it for myself and listen to the "you're so hard to shop for!" whine later.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

I completely agree. As an owner of 2 of the KORE holster belts I still find that they're terrific. I threw out my other gun belts. I've had them for 3 years and they hardly show any wear. the best part is how the track keeps my 1911 right to my waist. Still Stiff enough to do the job even after all these years and comfortable enough to wear all day.*

I own one. Don't like it. Will stick with my S.O.E. belt. I've tried at least a half dozen gun belts. None of them as good as S.O.E. I'm done messin around. S.O.E. for me.

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Squonk View Post
    I own one. Don't like it. Will stick with my S.O.E. belt. I've tried at least a half dozen gun belts. None of them as good as S.O.E. I'm done messin around. S.O.E. for me.
    Details please.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit212 View Post
    Details please.
    S.O.E. I prefer the Cobra Buckle belts over the EDC belts. Most probably prefer the EDC. Anyway, EXTREMELY sturdy/robust mil-spec gun belts.

I'm the exact opposite. I have a S.O.E. that I don't like but I really like my kore. Funny how people can be so different. Just curious what didn't you like about the kore?

Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    I'm the exact opposite. I have a S.O.E. that I don't like but I really like my kore. Funny how people can be so different. Just curious what didn't you like about the kore?
    It just wasn't sturdy enough for me. I would bet the Kore would be fine for IWB. I carry OWB. Don't get me wrong, I don't think they are bad belts at all. If you want thick and sturdy, hard to beat S.O.E. Also, the Kores are much more stylish as well.

It just wasn't sturdy enough for me. I would bet the Kore would be fine for IWB. I carry OWB. Don't get me wrong, I don't think they are bad belts at all. If you want thick and sturdy, hard to beat S.O.E. Also, the Kores are much more stylish as well.
    Agreed, I only use the kore for IWB carry. I normally use a leather crossbreed crossover belt for owb.

There is a top 50 belt list I found that has KORE on there with some other names. Curious what you guys think?

https://duuude.co/gear/top-50-gun-belts-on-the-market

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCC View Post
    There is a top 50 belt list I found that has KORE on there with some other names. Curious what you guys think?

Like most other lists for about anything you can think of, I get a very strong feeling that those are sort of "sponsored ads." Could be wrong and perhaps they presented their honest opinions, but way too many brands I've never heard of on there, and I have 4 gun belts. Kore is my absolutely least favorite for gun support and stability, although it is the prettiest by far.

You can review the myriad threads about recommendations for really good bun belts in the archives here and get recommendations for several good brands which people own and wear regularly - including Kore.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Ditto what @ShooterGranny just said.

I have/had a Kore gunbelt. It's relegated to the box of unused stuff now. The buckle broke, and Kore replaced it even though it was just beyond the warranty period. That was good. Then the inner plastic stiffener started breaking in multiple places. Not good. It should be able to hold a light single stack without breaking.

I've since purchased a Ratchet Gun Belt (RGB) to replace it. So far, so good. But I've only had it a couple months now, so can't speak to durability yet.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

There are some solid belts on the list, but I personally don't think Kore is one of them, at least not their leather ones. Mine wasn't very durable at all. I find it odd that Kore was #1 in both the EDC and Tactical categories and that the very popular and durable Wilderness Tactical belts didn't make the tactical list at all.
    ShooterGranny likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links