Anybody else carry a Striker Fired Pistol in AWIB with confidence? - Page 2

Anybody else carry a Striker Fired Pistol in AWIB with confidence?

This is a discussion on Anybody else carry a Striker Fired Pistol in AWIB with confidence? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't carry AIWB simply because I don't like it. But then I hardly ever carry a striker fired pistol any more, actually at the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Anybody else carry a Striker Fired Pistol in AWIB with confidence?

Distinguished Member Array flphotog's Avatar
    I don't carry AIWB simply because I don't like it. But then I hardly ever carry a striker fired pistol any more, actually at the moment I only still have two of them in the safe and I'm probably going to sell one of them.
    Member COTEP 772, NRA, GOA, Florida Carry

Yes. (...is this a trick question? )
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

yeah...Ruger LC9s with the manual safety so I don't shoot the boys off...............................if that happens I'll have to change my login name to Doogina...............
    Morbidrealities likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

As long as the trigger guard is covered and you pay attention when reholstering the gun ain't going off on its own. I carry my Walther P99c QA preset striker fired pistol AIWB in a kydex holster every waking moment with complete confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I carry a Kahr CM9 AIWB in a kydex holster. In the morning I will usually put it in the holster prior to placing it on my belt.
    In addition the Kahrs have a long trigger pull which is a little more forgiving. When looking at a new pistol it came down to a Glock 27, M&P40C and a SigP250C. The Sig was midway between the two in price, came with nightsights and a rail laser/light attachment. I am already used to a long smooth trigger pull so the P250's did not bother me plus I like the additional safety of thumb-over-the-hammer when reholstering. I understand that these guns only fire if the trigger is pulled however I also know I am not a flawless person. Comfortable carrying it in a Vedder Light Tuck holster.

I have been carrying AIWB before it was cool. For going on 20 years.

Glock 27 from 1996 to 2007
    Glock 17 from 2007 to 2014
    Glock 26 from 2014 to date

All AIWB in Galco Stow and Go's

Never an issue.
    Morbidrealities and Rhodie2 like this.

Not a fan of striker fired pistols, but I have carried my wife's Mod.2 in her InCog without a problem. The gun won't go bang without the trigger being pulled. There are ways to posture while reholstering and trying to reholster quickly with any IWB asking for an accident anyhow. When it's time to reholster the threat should be neutralized, so take your time and ensure your holster is clear.

Quote Originally Posted by flphotog View Post
    I don't carry AIWB simply because I don't like it. But then I hardly ever carry a striker fired pistol any more, actually at the moment I only still have two of them in the safe and I'm probably going to sell one of them.
    I carry 1911's almost exclusively AIWB when I bother to conceal. I think I have a permanent indent in my gut from the beavertails.

Distinguished Member Array SOS24's Avatar
    I carry AIWB, but prefer hammered fired guns so that I can put my thumb on the hammer when holstering.
    AnthonyC likes this.

What I like about my P99c is that I can put my thumb on the rear plate of the slide and feel the end of the firing pin/cocking indicator. If the trigger is pulled I can see and feel the indicator begin to protrude. Same is true for the PPS as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array ca survivor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marcclarke View Post
    HK P7M8 in a Remora(R) AIWB. No worries whatsoever.
    LOL, I see what you did here..........LOL

Distinguished Member Array ca survivor's Avatar
    you all realize that the people who had an issue with AIWB, won't be writing about it, right ?.......................like dead

TAZ
    Quote Originally Posted by casurvivor View Post
    you all realize that the people who had an issue with AIWB, won't be writing about it, right ?.......................like dead
    Huh???

Carry a G19 in a Raven Eidilion or a VP9 in a JMCK rig. Never had an issue. I would not recommend that carry mode for firearm novices for sure, but there are some techniques that can minimize any risks of an ND poking a hole in your Femoral. Also would NOT recommend the carry mode to folks who won't train with it.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Huh???

Carry a G19 in a Raven Eidilion or a VP9 in a JMCK rig. Never had an issue. I would not recommend that carry mode for firearm novices for sure, but there are some techniques that can minimize any risks of an ND poking a hole in your Femoral. Also would NOT recommend the carry mode to folks who won't train with it.
    Agreed. There are holsters that cant the barrel away from you. There's a video of a guy using simunition with a cut away kydex that shows that a proper carry position will cause the round to not hit you with an ND. You'll get some flash burn on your man bits for sure, but shooting yourself would almost require you to be intentional.

Every day.
    2600 mile trip on a sport bike carrying AIWB every hour of the trip.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links