Conceal Carry a Glock 21?

This is a discussion on Conceal Carry a Glock 21? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently purchased a Glock 21, and am now in need of a holster. I would like to carry it concealed, either IWB or OWB. ...

Thread: Conceal Carry a Glock 21?

New Member Array JasonOstermille's Avatar

I recently purchased a Glock 21, and am now in need of a holster. I would like to carry it concealed, either IWB or OWB. Has anyone had success in concealing this weapon? If so, which holster do you prefer? If concealing this big of a gun is a huge issue, I'm open to open carrying as well. Suggestions on holsters? I am somewhat active, so I need something sturdy and stable so it doesn't move around.

I too recently purchased a Glock 21 and just don't see how I can carry it concealed IWB. For me it's just too big. I currently have a Serpa Level 2 holster to carry it OWB. I will probably also get a Safariland 6377 ALS holster for it. Both are excellent holsters that offer stability as well as comfort. They also offer retention, which I highly recommend if you are gonna carry OWB. There are crazy people out there and you don't want to be a headline about somebody grabbing your gun out of your holster. Be safe and carry on.
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

VIP Member
    A Glock 21 is my every day carry. The grip has been chopped and reduced, now accommodating a Glock 30 carry mag, while allowing Glock 21 mags to be carried as spares. I carry it in a one-of-a-kind kydex holster IWB at 3:00.

Conceal Carry a Glock 21?-glock-21-holster-003.jpgConceal Carry a Glock 21?-glock-21-holster-002.jpgConceal Carry a Glock 21?-13282725_1149172255103949_774792352_o.jpgConceal Carry a Glock 21?-13315444_1148670558487452_9148002300353183859_n-1-.jpg
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array drmordo's Avatar
    I could definitely carry/conceal one using a AIWB carry, probly in a cheap Uncle Mike's like most of my other guns.

But I'd have to remove it before I sat down.

So, it'd be ok for a store run (just take the whole holster out when you get in the car), but not sitting around.

Distinguished Member Array wsquared's Avatar
    If you want to carry a G21, there are a number of good options available. I carry a gen IV G20, which is the same size.

IWB in a Raven Concealment holster (with a light on it to boot)

The same holster works VERY well for OWB with a pair of RCS's "pancake wings".

If you are looking for more comfort out of your holster, a Comp-Tac minotaur holster is a great choice, but you may want to replace the plastic belt clips with some more substantial loops.

I carry a Glock 17 9mm and a Glock 20 .45 cal in a Nate Squared (N82) professional IWB holster - absolutely comfortable all day. I am sure it would work great for a Glock 21.
    Being Armed Is A Mindset, Not A Physical Condition - Rob Pincus

SAF, GOA, NRA, Kansas State Rifle Assoc.

Sponsored Links