Wal-Mart - Page 3

Wal-Mart

This is a discussion on Wal-Mart within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wouldn't trust a man in a suit at Wal-Mart. He clearly is out of his element and is there for some sort of sinister ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree194Likes

Thread: Wal-Mart

Senior Member Array wizard7mm08's Avatar
    I wouldn't trust a man in a suit at Wal-Mart. He clearly is out of his element and is there for some sort of sinister purpose. Edit: PAcanis beat me to it!

@bmcgilvray , I share your attitude towards Wal-Mart and I usually only enter it once a year to buy my stepmother her favorite perfume which only can be found there. Except last year. I went there twice, and once was in Crossville, TN. Saw two different fellers OCing. One looked like the poster child for 5.11 with what resembled a Glock 17/22/21 in a retention holster. The other fella was a down to Earth cowboy boots, jeans and a tucked-in button down with a clean looking 1911 surrounded by leather. It was probably the only enjoyable visit to Wal-Mart that I've ever had.
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
    "Take off ya hoser!" - Bob & Doug McKenzie

I was at Wally World just yesterday.
    Spent over two hundred bucks.
    That's how infrequently I like going to Walmart. Strictly to stock up on the staples.

The only problem with droopy drawers making it EASY on the COP'S in a run down, what happen's when they pull a FOREST GUMMP MOVE!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I shop in a college town with a Walmart, and spandex can be good.
    In MN, carry with a permit is legal, open or concealed. I would just not like beating my guns against counters or having it where little kids can grab it with candy covered paws. Even in the old west (which was nothing like TV or movies) open carry in town was frowned on.

When Jessie James and crew visited Northfield, the residents had several clues they were up to no good. 1) They rode horses, when most in the area drove wagons. 2) They came in a group. 3) They carried handguns openly. They then learned that during deer season, most farmers have a rifle handy. That many were Civil War vets. You don't get between a Norwegian farmer and his money. You betcha.
    msgt/ret likes this.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    I loathe WalMart and do my best to avoid it whenever possible. I did go in one recently and come out with a carton of .22 at something resembling a decent price.

One does see characters while shopping at WalMart. We were at a WalMart in Abilene and saw this character in the parking lot. I think he was totin' a Smith & Wesson Model 10 Heavy Barrel under his suit coat. Would you trust these types? I know I wouldn't.

Looks like Secret Service to me. Suit, tie, shiny shoes, dark glasses, arms crossed. Yep, Secret Service. Did you ask him?

Loathe is an excellent choice of words too.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Senior Moderator
    Looks too old to be Secret Service to me. I tried to ask him, but he apparently is too deaf to have heard me.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

I'd put money on that fella being an ex-detective, probably in the 70s.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave909 View Post
    I'd put money on that fella being an ex-detective, probably in the 70s.
    Oh, I doubt he was anything so honorable as being a former detective. Looks like an evil ol' banker to me.

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

No, Armed men in tactical vests arrested at Dearborn PD hurts us far more in the voting booths than people who can't be bothered to use proper holsters. The Walmart butt carriers make us look like tools, the numbskulls in the link make us look like vigilantes. Open carry bothers some people, other people couldn't care less. It's all preference as long as it's legal, but there are limits and common sense.
    You nailed it with "common sense." Just because one is allowed to do something, doesn't mean they always should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Oh, I doubt he was anything so honorable as being a former detective. Looks like an evil ol' banker to me.
    Maybe he binge watched too many Dirty Harry movies?

Why must some of us assume he is a bad guy because he was armed?
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Senior Moderator
    I think some of us don't know what "assume" means.
    bmcgilvray, msgt/ret and AzQkr like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Senior Moderator
    Maybe he binge watched too many Dirty Harry movies?
    Bet he has a Smith & Wesson Model 29 .44 Magnum somewhere within his safe. Lot of guys that age do.

Since we are talking Dirty Harry...
    One of the movie channels had a little marathon going on Sunday. In the second one, when he was talking guns with some younger cops and their 357's, he mentioned that he uses a "light Special for more/better control". I never caught that part before.
    Here's the man synonymous for using a gun that'll blow your head clean off and he shoots light Specials out of it.

It all depends on what is common in any given area. When the herd sees something unfamiliar they tend to view it as a possible threat.
    Rock and Glock and kukla like this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links