I need holster/carry ideas - Page 2

I need holster/carry ideas

This is a discussion on I need holster/carry ideas within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Barnestite80 Ok please be nice to me, I have searched and searched for days and still am not sure So I work ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: I need holster/carry ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Barnestite80 View Post
    Ok please be nice to me, I have searched and searched for days and still am not sure
    So I work in an Ag equipment dealership, the owner is cool with us carrying and given past employees almost encourages it.
    My issue is I sit at the parts counter all day, about bar stool height, and I wear jeans with a tucked in polo shirt, I carry a Glock 27
    My current holster is a Galco king tuk, but behind the hip when I'm sitting it prints something terrible, I'm looking for a tuckable something or another that doesnt print to bad and doesnt have to be adjusted everytime I stand up. Im not exactly a small guy either
    Just wear it the same, have a cover garment, like a fleece vest?

In business casual attire, I find it impossible to carry anything bigger than a G42 IWB, jframe on the ankle, or LCP in the pocket. But lucky I don’t have to wear that daily.

I went with a undercover traveler vest(not a shoot me 1st vest) or a fleece vest most of the time and no one has noticed. Even tho the vest is in “tactical tan” it doesn’t look like a 5-11 Shooters Vest. So I just look like a old fat guy trying to hide my gut. :)

Lefty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    5lima30ret likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnestite80 View Post
    Ok please be nice to me, I have searched and searched for days and still am not sure
    So I work in an Ag equipment dealership, the owner is cool with us carrying and given past employees almost encourages it.
    My issue is I sit at the parts counter all day, about bar stool height, and I wear jeans with a tucked in polo shirt, I carry a Glock 27
    My current holster is a Galco king tuk, but behind the hip when I'm sitting it prints something terrible, I'm looking for a tuckable something or another that doesnt print to bad and doesnt have to be adjusted everytime I stand up. Im not exactly a small guy either
    What type jeans,tight fitting, 60's bell bottoms, work boots? You sit at a counter, attempt to reach with tight fitting legs, as you reach for that ankle holster, you bang your head on the counter, I don't think so.

Untuck your polo and OWB. Ankle carry is right out for quick draw.
    NRA lifetime member

Flint

Senior Moderator
    Boot tuck might work. I have carried several guns just tucked into my boots. A Ruger LCR, a Ruger LCP, and other.

The drawback? Slow! See @flintlock62 above.

Consider boot tuck, but realize it will be slow. OWB is the best, with a vest over it, or your polo.
    wizard7mm08 and flintlock62 like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Like the others suggested I think a non-tactical vest would be a good way to go. Perhaps a John Deere, Carharrt or farm equipment logo vest would "blend in" your work environment. I wholeheartedly agree that a G-27 in ankle holster will earn you a visit to a Chiropracter! I briefly tried ankle carry with a G-26 and can attest to that not working out well!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

3Speed Holster might help 3 Speed Holster. I have used this system for many years. Lately I use it occasionally ( I now carry a G17 AIWB 95% of time). But I have two of these one for my Ruger SR40C ( Carried it for 2 1/2 years. The second one fits my G26/G19 (My G19 is basically just used to train grandkids)I need holster/carry ideas-3speed-g26a.jpg I need holster/carry ideas-3speed-g26b.jpg I am 5.6' @250#. I do ot need to tuck in my shirts but once I was at a friend of son's wedding and wore this in deep conceal in a business suit.

The other item that might interest you is the Kangaroo Carry Air Marshal III
    Gun culture at its best is rooted in a desire to protect, and especially to protect the people we love-Rachel Lu (University of St. Thomas)

vest or sweater

I carry where my colleagues would have a fit, though it's legal.

I wear a vest or sweater all the time. I've gotten a couple of vests from HistoricalEmporium.com and some sweater vests from various places. Works great, never worry about being spotted.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Distinguished Member Array MB53's Avatar
    is open carry not an option?

A horizontal shoulder holster under the polo, and over a thin synthetic compression T-shirt, or cotton A-shirt, could be a solution to stay concealed while still having comfort and quick access.
    drift likes this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

I've carried with a tucked in shirt for years. From a G26 to a G42. With a larger shirt, you should be able to pack anything blousing the shirt correctly. It you have fitted cloths, a lighter and narrower gun is needed from what I found. The single clip IWB works best for me. Easier to tuck around.

Either way, you have that challenge of sitting on a stool and leaning forward. That's not a problem I had. I would have thought that if you could keep the pistol at 3pm, you should be ok, but you seemingly are still having issues. Hence... I would go with a shoulder holster. I've just started to wear my first one, and am finding it incredibly comfortable and easy to conceal a pistol with.

Yes, you can place it under a tucked polo. It's not going to be the fastest, but the printing issue should be corrected. Good luck!!
    Ezekiel 23:20

first of I think its nice that you can carry at work and that your boss is cool with it.
    I am sitting ,. say,. 40% of the time,. I carry in the waistband with an NMC tactical Kydex holster,. shirt is over and covering the pistole.
    that is working for me, I think you need to try out several holsters until you find the sweet spot,. I have many different holsters for different applications which I collected over the may years I carry.
    I am sure that you will find the right one for you.

personally I like the best "NSR Tactical" and "Bravo Concealment" ,. all Kydex
    they cost a little more but I find them very comfortable,. they also are thiner than leather and seem to be closer to the body.
    hope that helps,
    Daniel

VIP Member
    I quit tucking my shirts in when I started carrying IWB all the time. For me, at least, function trumps fashion every time...
    ghost tracker likes this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Be careful what you put out there. The Universe is listening.

If your boss is cool with it, is printing really a big deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rotorflyr likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

DE-SAntis offers a Die-Hard ankle holster that;'s cheaper than the Ankle Glove.

I carried my Glock 33 in one when I was a Glock fan years ago.
    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love: 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Distinguished Member Array Militant's Avatar
    Have your thought about a shoulder holster? Sure, you may have to throw something on top of it (i.e. light shirt, vest or jacket etc.) but it definitely won't print or dig into your backside while you are sitting down all day. Besides, from a seated position, you could easily access your piece if need be.
    HK USP Compact .45 stainless HK USP Compact .40 stainless HK USP Compact .45
    HK USP Compact 9mm HK 45c HK P30 HK P30sk HK VP9 HK VP9sk

“A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box” - Frederick Douglas

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    AG dealership? Would a CCW leather vest be an option? My biker vest, unfortunately, carries in the full vertical position. I call it a CCGYK vest, conceal carry get yourself killed vest, as it would take considerable time to lift it up and manuver it out the opening. I modified it with a chunk of heavy leather that fits in the elastic slots and attached a custom made kydex shell to it with just enough tilt to kind of balance the pistol, the muzzle and butt roughly level. It works nice for me and an AG dealership is a little country so leather vest might fit right in.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links