Crossbreed Ankle Holster? Or others?

This is a discussion on Crossbreed Ankle Holster? Or others? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just received an email from Crossbreed informing me that their nylon belts are on sale for $10.95 and their ankle holsters are on sale ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By ShooterGranny
  • 1 Post By Libertywheel
  • 1 Post By blitzburgh
  • 1 Post By Rotorflyr

Thread: Crossbreed Ankle Holster? Or others?

I just received an email from Crossbreed informing me that their nylon belts are on sale for $10.95 and their ankle holsters are on sale for $17.45 (50% off sale applied in cart at checkout).

This week, I ankle carried at church because as of right now, it's my most discreet option. It's how I've usually carried at church and I've came to like it. I'm sitting down the majority of the time while there, so it works out.

I have a cheap, effective, but slightly uncomfortable nylon Velcro ankle rig that I got on Facebook for one of those "just pay shipping" deals. Even when tight, it drops a bit when walking onto the ankle since it doesn't have the calf support.

Does anybody have experience with Crossbreed's offering? It seems worth it at 50% off.
    "The deterioration of every government begins with the decay of the principle upon which it was founded."

I ankle carry a G26 in an Alessi. It's just a bit more expensive than "just pay shipping."
    You are your own first responder.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    I just received an email from Crossbreed informing me that their nylon belts are on sale for $10.95 and their ankle holsters are on sale for $17.45 (50% off sale applied in cart at checkout).

This week, I ankle carried at church because as of right now, it's my most discreet option. It's how I've usually carried at church and I've came to like it. I'm sitting down the majority of the time while there, so it works out.

I have a cheap, effective, but slightly uncomfortable nylon Velcro ankle rig that I got on Facebook for one of those "just pay shipping" deals. Even when tight, it drops a bit when walking onto the ankle since it doesn't have the calf support.

Does anybody have experience with Crossbreed's offering? It seems worth it at 50% off.
    Maybe your email came with a different link? Or a promo code? I was just looking at their site & when I added an ankle holster to the cart to see it the price changed, it stays at $34.95. I've never used an ankle holster & have been giving it some thought lately (primarily for church carry also).

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by awanatech View Post
    Maybe your email came with a different link? Or a promo code? I was just looking at their site & when I added an ankle holster to the cart to see it the price changed, it stays at $34.95. I've never used an ankle holster & have been giving it some thought lately (primarily for church carry also).
    Add it to your cart, and once you hit "proceed to check out" it changes the price to reflect the discount.
    "The deterioration of every government begins with the decay of the principle upon which it was founded."

Ok, I see. I didn't Proceed to Checkout. I wonder how other's experience has been with the Crossbreed Ankle Holster. But for that price, I might just try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by awanatech View Post
    Ok, I see. I didn't Proceed to Checkout. I wonder how other's experience has been with the Crossbreed Ankle Holster. But for that price, I might just try it out.
    I watched a review done on it by Rob Pincus from PDN and he spoke very highly of it. He said it's the best out of all the one's he's tried. After watching a few video reviews on YouTube, I'm going to give it a try. For $26 bucks including shipping, I don't know that a better deal could be had. I also just read that you can return it after 2 weeks if you're not satisfied, so what's to lose.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    I watched a review done on it by Rob Pincus from PDN and he spoke very highly of it. He said it's the best out of all the one's he's tried. After watching a few video reviews on YouTube, I'm going to give it a try. For $26 bucks including shipping, I don't know that a better deal could be had. I also just read that you can return it after 2 weeks if you're not satisfied, so what's to lose.
    Crossbreed is one of Pincus' sponsors. In fact I think he has some sort of financial interest in or partnership with the company also, but perhaps not. He has raved about every one of their products from day one. Just FYI. Yes you can return. You pay return postage. Been there, done that.
    blitzburgh and TX expat like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Galco ankle rig with the calf strap works well for me.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    Doing my best to stay left of boom.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    Crossbreed is one of Pincus' sponsors. In fact I think he has some sort of financial interest in or partnership with the company also, but perhaps not. He has raved about every one of their products from day one. Just FYI. Yes you can return. You pay return postage. Been there, done that.
    I definitely got that impression from the video as it had advertisements periodically come up on the bottom of the video for Crossbreed. That's why I checked out other reviews, too.

Interestingly enough, I've found the cost for me shipping a company's product back to them to consistently be considerably less than what they charged me for shipping. :Scrutiny:
    ShooterGranny likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertywheel View Post
    Galco ankle rig with the calf strap works well for me.
    What do you carry in it? Do you have any complaints about it at all?

I carry a SW 642 in it. I didnít get the calf strap at first...and had many complaints about it which were all resolved when the calf strap was acquired.
    Doing my best to stay left of boom.

The best ankle holster I have ever tried and wear every day now is the "Bugbite" ankle holster.
    Retired (traveling and loving it!)
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

Distinguished Member Array Rotorflyr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Macantic View Post
    The best ankle holster I have ever tried and wear every day now is the "Bugbite" ankle holster.
    A co-worker of mine just picked one up, he said so far it's been excellent (I believe he carries an LCP in it)
    Macantic likes this.
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

VIP Member
    I have carried my 26 in a Galco Ankle Glove for quite some time (when in non-permissive environments). After using it, I would be highly dubious of lesser ankle rigs, at least for anything that gets out of micro size. That Crossbreed may work fine but it certainly doesn't look like it would be as comfortable as the Galco. Of course, the Galco is quite a bit more but sometimes you do really get what you pay for.

A good heads up on the review from ShooterGranny, I'd be dubious of anything he says about it.
    expat no more

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Sponsored Links