Best AIWB - Page 2

Best AIWB

This is a discussion on Best AIWB within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Danielst congrats on the weight loss ;-) I understand that most of the guys in the US are always carry with one ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Best AIWB

Quote Originally Posted by Danielst View Post
    congrats on the weight loss ;-)
    I understand that most of the guys in the US are always carry with one in the pipe,. in that regard I strongly suggest against "appendix",.
    think of your balls and of the arteries in that area,. for that split second it maybe faster (which I also see in question) I just can't promote that kind pistole carry..

I think its more of a trend right now,.

hope that helps,
    Daniel
    Technique is important. A lot of guys using other holster positions muzzle themselves while drawing or holstering. Someone who doesn’t muzzle themselves while drawing or holstering AIWB is tremendously safer than someone muzzling themselves with hip, shoulder, pocket, or ankle carry. Once the gun is securely holstered with the trigger covered, the gun is safe and isn’t going to spontaneously blow those man bits off.

My recommendation: don’t point the gun at yourself when drawing or holstering. Regardless of carry position. Period, end of sermon.
    matthew03 likes this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    Tell me how that wing works. It cants the grip out? It doesn't dig into you when you sit or move?
    Wings or claws on AIWB holsters give the belt a little more leverage to rotate the mag well end of the grip toward the body, decreasing printing by the end of the grip.

I️ have something similar on a TRex holster. It doesn’t dig in when I️ sit or move. It actually allows the belt to be a little less tight than without the wing, which helps for comfort. An AIWB setup that “floats” rather than being rigidly held by the belt aids in movement and comfort.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Vedder light tuck has worked very well for me. (I'm on a budget)

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Amp Holsters. I found this one on Ebay, of all places. Very well made, comfortable, concealable and inexpensive. Also have a look at Knightfall Customs.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member Array OlympicViking's Avatar
    I don't have any photos of mine, but I absolutely love my Tuctite Annex. It's on the pricey side because it includes a mag carrier, but it's not much more than a quality appendix rig. The kydex is strong, the fit is perfect for my G19, and despite how large of a holster it is, it is very comfortable. They also use hardware from Raven Concealment (the exact same hooks, belt claw, and rubber wedge on the back of the holster). The belt attachments are far enough apart to distribute weight well. I noticed that a G17 magazine is somewhat uncomfortable in the mag carrier and it prints pretty badly under a t-shirt, but the 15 round mag hides well and is comfy.

If you're on Instagram, follow their account. They regularly announce sales and whatnot on their page. I got mine during a 20% off sale on a holiday weekend (I forget which holiday to be honest).

Maybe I'll post a photo of mine tomorrow. I'm in sweatpants today so it's not happening.

ETA they now have a Annex A2 version as well, but the 1st gen holster gives you more options. For example, I have the low sweat guard, but only the mid & high are offered on the A2.

Vedder holsters, NSR tactical, and bravo concealment. Give them a look for your guns. I really like the bravo concealment DOS AIWB holter...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

And Shepards we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, So that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command,
    And we shall flow a river forth to Thee, And teeming with souls shall it ever be,

Distinguished Member Array kukla's Avatar
    Has anyone tried a Comp-Tac MTAC neutral cant for IWB?
    Neutral Cant Holster | Appendix Carry Leather Holster | Comp-Tac
    I'm thinking of trying one, as I like my regular MTAC as much as I do.
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

if it works for you,. more power to you.
    I am not even try to change anybody's mind here since I sincerely think that it is personal preference.
    having said that I personally still think that it is not the best way do carry a loaded pistole like that pointing at my dick all day long,.
    but again, what ever is best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielst View Post
    if it works for you,. more power to you.
    I am not even try to change anybody's mind here since I sincerely think that it is personal preference.
    having said that I personally still think that it is not the best way do carry a loaded pistole like that pointing at my dick all day long,.
    but again, what ever is best for you.
    It's pretty easy not to muzzle your goods. Dress to the left, gun to the right, or whatever orientation works to that end.
    betoesca likes this.

Sponsor
    Keepers concealment. The Keeper. Pricey but the most comfortable AIWB holster out there.

Keepers Concealment

Be prepared to try 5-6 (maybe more) rigs and understand what works for me probably won't work for you. That's what I've learned with more than a year of AIWB after years spent strongside. I've had the Incog, Eidelon, Phlster Classic, no name eBay brand, homemade and a couple others. The two that get worn are the Raven Vanguard 2 and Phlster Classic.

There are just too many subjective variables in appendix carry. And you'll have to except it is NEVER going to be as comfy as strong side, it just won't. But stick with it, the "butter zone" is out there......waiting for you!
    Holmes375 likes this.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Be prepared to try 5-6 (maybe more) rigs and understand what works for me probably won't work for you. That's what I've learned with more than a year of AIWB after years spent strongside. I've had the Incog, Eidelon, Phlster Classic, no name eBay brand, homemade and a couple others. The two that get worn are the Raven Vanguard 2 and Phlster Classic.

There are just too many subjective variables in appendix carry. And you'll have to except it is NEVER going to be as comfy as strong side, it just won't. But stick with it, the "butter zone" is out there......waiting for you!
    Same here! Started with a Gen. 1 Phlster Skeleton, tried the Incog and some others and ended up back with my Skeleton but added a Raven Concealment wing, that was what made me come to love the addition of a wing on my holsters, however I decided I wanted full coverage and picked up a Phlster Classic. With the molded in wedge and the tuckstrut I think I've found "the one." I find Jon's (Phlster) holsters and pretty much the whole Phlster lineup to have more thought put into it than almost any holster company on the market.
    smolck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by heymarv View Post
    Same here! Started with a Gen. 1 Phlster Skeleton, tried the Incog and some others and ended up back with my Skeleton but added a Raven Concealment wing, that was what made me come to love the addition of a wing on my holsters, however I decided I wanted full coverage and picked up a Phlster Classic. With the molded in wedge and the tuckstrut I think I've found "the one." I find Jon's (Phlster) holsters and pretty much the whole Phlster lineup to have more thought put into it than almost any holster company on the market.
    Everything you said Is right on. Then wing makes concealment that much easier. Just wish they made the classic in a true G19/23 size, the current "Classic" is made for the G17/22/19/23 etc as a 1 size fits all. It's just a little big IMO.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post

Exactly! I bought a Black Arch IWB holster for Appendix carry but found that it was so much easier and more comfortable to carry at the 5 o'clock position.BTW I am 195 lbs and my gut would interfere with the gun (G26) while sitting no matter how the holster was adjusted when worn AIWB.
    smolck likes this.
    "Freedom will be defended" -GWB 9-11-01
    Union Plumber/Pipefitter.Retired.
    Former LEO 1993-2003.

Distinguished Member Array patkelly4370's Avatar
    AIWB?!?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    smolck and rondo like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links