AIWB Paranoia - Page 3

AIWB Paranoia

This is a discussion on AIWB Paranoia within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Never point a gun at anything you don't want to destroy. Fine motor skills leave us in times of stress. I don't want a gun ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: AIWB Paranoia

Never point a gun at anything you don't want to destroy.

Fine motor skills leave us in times of stress. I don't want a gun pointed at my body in a crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Here's all I'm going to add to this. First off, a Glock isn't going to go off on its own. Secondly, I've been carrying Glocks AWIB for years and I'm still above ground. Only you know what's right for you but as far as being overly paranoid about the firearm going off on its own while you're carrying it inside a well designed holster, yes, that's pretty paranoid.
    I wasn't aware that anyone had suggested that Glocks or any other weapon might go off on their own. That would be a trifle extreme. (Although I have had it happen, but that's another story for another day.)

And yes, a well designed holster surely helps but stuff does happen regardless. If one wants to accept that risk and carry a Glock AIWB, it's a personal decision that only he can make. That's what life is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Back to the G27? Thought you were packing your G26 happily. Then thereís the 1911 in your pic... I guess youíre liking variety in retirement, though you seem busier than when you were on duty!

The issue with AIWB is not when the gun is carried...itís when you draw and holster, particularly while under duress in less than ideal, sterile range conditions.

This is an emotional topic that comes up regularly. I understand the benefits of AIWB carry, just ainít worth the attendant risks IMHO. No other method of carry that I can think of carries the risk of a quick death if things go wrong. And Iím too well acquainted with Mr Murphy to pretend ďit canít happen to me.Ē

Nuff said
    Ha ha! You know me, just bein silly:)

Truth is, Iím pretty darn busy these days. As you know I am working for the state now, and, have a private defensive carry instruction on the side.

With that said, I do carry a variety of stuff, but I always have, and most waking hours Mon-Friday, itís a pocket carried 380. Heck, I have a need for them all!
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Thats why I switched from the 9mm to the 40S&W; I want it to be quick instead of slow and agonizing
    With all those advances in the 9mm, why on earth would you turn you back on science and stuff?
    G-man* and OD* like this.
    Appalachian Concealment

I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by plumber802 View Post
    Sorry,I don't get it...You may have to explain it to this good old boy from Vermont.
    I was making a feeble attempt at humor...."Plumber = Plumber's Crack" (i.e. where you can carry your pistol). I guess I should've just kept it in my head. My bad. LOL
    Have I not commanded you, Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9

Carry the gun a few days unloaded. Do all the activities you normally find yourself doing in a days time. At the end of the week pull the trigger and if you hear a click then you know that the trigger was not pulled while you were carrying it. If this gives you peace of mind great. If not AIWB is not a requirement and if you dont feel safe its not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Specializedjon View Post
    I was making a feeble attempt at humor...."Plumber = Plumber's Crack" (i.e. where you can carry your pistol). I guess I should've just kept it in my head. My bad. LOL
    Butt is it safer than AIWB? :)
    Specializedjon and Pete63 like this.
    "Freedom will be defended" -GWB 9-11-01
    Union Plumber/Pipefitter.Retired.
    Former LEO 1993-2003.

Quote Originally Posted by plumber802 View Post
    Butt is it safer than AIWB? :)
    LOL....
    Have I not commanded you, Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    Carry the gun a few days unloaded. Do all the activities you normally find yourself doing in a days time. At the end of the week pull the trigger and if you hear a click then you know that the trigger was not pulled while you were carrying it. If this gives you peace of mind great. If not AIWB is not a requirement and if you dont feel safe its not for you.
    I'm still not convinced that this is the most comfortable way for me to carry regardless of my safety concerns.Exploring other methods.
    "Freedom will be defended" -GWB 9-11-01
    Union Plumber/Pipefitter.Retired.
    Former LEO 1993-2003.

Quote Originally Posted by Specializedjon View Post
    I got it.
    Specializedjon likes this.
    Appalachian Concealment

I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oldfashioned View Post
    I wasn't aware that anyone had suggested that Glocks or any other weapon might go off on their own. That would be a trifle extreme. (Although I have had it happen, but that's another story for another day.)
    The OP did when he wrote "but I can't help being EXTREMELY nervous of the fact that when sitting the muzzle of the gun is pointed directly at my femoral artery.I realize that the G26 is by design a safe weapon but regardless of this I feel some unease carrying this way since lets face it, it is after all a weapon loaded with hollow points pointed directly at my right thigh every time I sit down."

He's not talking about drawing or holstering; he's specifically bringing up where the gun is pointing when he sits down. If it's in a holster then it'd pretty much have to go off on its own to be a danger at that time.
    G-man* and matthew03 like this.
    expat no more

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links