J Frame Pocket Holster? - Page 3

J Frame Pocket Holster?

This is a discussion on J Frame Pocket Holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Bianchi 152, quality holster...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: J Frame Pocket Holster?

Bianchi 152, quality holster
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    Bianchi 152, quality holster
    Please don't take this as a criticism of your post, but this would be my reaction if I had one of these. This is from the Amazon Reviews:

This Bianchi is very pretty, but bulky. I like the tab you can push against with your thumb when drawing your pistol.

It does NOT hold the gun securely in the holster like it should. Turn it sideways or upside down and your gun falls out.

The side of the holster that faces out prints like crazy - it really sticks out like a sore thumb. See the red arrow in the picture.

Sent it back.

For me - pocket holsters add bulk. It's like I have a sweet potato in my pocket.

Distinguished Member Array drmordo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bustoff View Post
    Please don't take this as a criticism of your post, but this would be my reaction if I had one of these. This is from the Amazon Reviews:

This Bianchi is very pretty, but bulky. I like the tab you can push against with your thumb when drawing your pistol.

It does NOT hold the gun securely in the holster like it should. Turn it sideways or upside down and your gun falls out.

The side of the holster that faces out prints like crazy - it really sticks out like a sore thumb. See the red arrow in the picture.

Sent it back.

For me - pocket holsters add bulk. It's like I have a sweet potato in my pocket.
    I haven't owned that Bianchi, but I require a loose pocket holster. By their very nature, a pocket holster isn't attached to anything so the friction of the holster on pocket has to exceed the friction between the gun and holster or the holster comes out of the pocket with the gun, which is bad. Since there's not much friction between the holster and pocket, there has to be almost no friction between the gun and holster for a consistently clean draw.

That said, I agree that pocket holster make the gun print much more. I will sometimes just drop a J frame in my pocket with no holster so it prints less and drops a tiny bit deeper in my pocket. I wouldn't do this with a striker fired gun, but with a J frame I have no concerns of AD.

I use the Uncle Mikes pocket holsters and have for years. They are nice and loose, and I can get my trigger finger inside it so even if the holster exits my pocket with the gun I can still fire. They also are made of that weird Uncle Mikes fabric that is kind of rough so in a pinch I can stick the pocket holster IWB for a poor man's Remora.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bustoff View Post

Sent it back.

The bolded persons comment shows they do not understand pocket holsters at all. They should never retain the gun more than just gravity or the holster will try and come with the gun every time. I hope they figured that out.
    mr.stuart, Holmes375 and Cuda66 like this.

I realized you want a pocket holster to be a slip fit. I just didn't address that issue.
    I have an Uncle Mike's pocket holster that I use occasionally.

Simply Rugged pocket holster.

Attachment 248833

The thing about the Bianchi 152, it will not fold into the trigger guard, like the soft, comfy pocket holsters. I have used a left and right hand for over 5 years, no problem. I do not wear skinny jeans, all I wear are 5.11 pants, they actually have pockets. Printing in Texas? Who cares? So far as the gun falling out if you turn it upside down or sideways, it is a POCKET holster, why would you turn it upside down? I understand people have different preferences, but I got away from the flimsy pocket holsters, and I tried all I could. To each his own.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Boraii Holster. Works great for me with Kimber K6s and Ruger LCR.

https://www.boraii.com/store/p27/S%2..._underlug.html

How it works:

I too have had good luck with the DeSantis Nemesis. For $20 it's hard to beat.
    “I won’t be wronged, I won’t be insulted, and I won’t be laid a hand on. I don’t do these things to other people and I require the same from them.” John Wayne - The Shootist

"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." Seneca

I don't use pocket holsters often, but when I do it's an Uncle Mike's #3.Name:  beer.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  7.7 KB

Lots of great options given here that I'm sure will work. I use an Elite Survival Systems pocket holster:

Elite Pocket Holsters: EliteSurvival.com

I like that it keeps my J-frame up right in my pocket and if my front pocket isn't working that day, I can use it IWB like the Remora hosters I have for single-stack pistols.

I have more expensive pocket holsters, but these are the two I use most often. I carry an LCR in them, but I also have a J frame and these work just as well with that. The first is the UTC which is only about six bucks on Amazon and it has a pocket for a speed loader that really doesn't add to the bulk if you position it right. It is padded, so it does create a "lump" in your pocket, but the gun's outline is completely broken up. It could just as easily be a fat wallet in my front pocket.

The "Sticky" brand holster at the bottom is the one I use when I want a slimmer profile in dress slacks. It is also not very expensive.

J Frame Pocket Holster?-img_0764.jpg
    J Frame Pocket Holster?-img_0763.jpg
    J Frame Pocket Holster?-sticky-holster.jpg
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Lu
    Just got a 442. For those who use a kydex holster, did it scratch the finish of your firearm?

Too bad Garrett Industries doesn’t make a pocket version of their silent thunder holsters.

Anybody got any feedback on the Sharkbite pocket holster from adamsholster or the pocket grabber from highnoonholsters

VIP Member
    I have used a @NelsonHolsters pocket holster for years for my 642. In some very non-permissive environments.

Senior Member Array CreedDryrot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lu View Post
    Just got a 442. For those who use a kydex holster, did it scratch the finish of your firearm?
    I ordered and have been using the Aholster Pocket Backbone kydex for my 442. So far in 2 weeks or so, I have noticed no marks on the revolver. If you want something with zero bulk, this is it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links