Belts for appendix

Belts for appendix

This is a discussion on Belts for appendix within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got my first appendix holster after years of using a Crossbreed Super Tuck. The problem I have is my Ares Gear Eagis belt just ...

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By OhMyGlock
  • 1 Post By Annakatherene
  • 1 Post By SOS24
  • 2 Post By graydude
  • 2 Post By TX expat
  • 1 Post By paulinsf
  • 1 Post By CG11
  • 2 Post By WoodLark
  • 1 Post By flintlock62

Thread: Belts for appendix

Belts for appendix

Just got my first appendix holster after years of using a Crossbreed Super Tuck.

The problem I have is my Ares Gear Eagis belt just doesn't seem to jive with the big buckle right against where the holster clips.

Are there better options for belts for appendix? Maybe like a G hook belt like the Volund or even the Ares ranger?

Thanks

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    CG11 likes this.

I only recently started concealed carrying but I own the lirasy belt and appendix carry with it. Haven’t had any issues. It’s a spandex like, Velcro closure. I’m not familiar with the one you speak of but thought I could at least give a review on the one I use.
    OhMyGlock likes this.

Distinguished Member Array SOS24's Avatar
    I find G-hook belts are good for AIWB because they are lower profile than belts with regular buckles and the hook orientation can be changed to have the overlap go away from the holster. The one I have is the The Atlas G-hook Belt bt Volund GearWorks, but there are others.
    Name:  21BB8E9F-10B7-4764-9AE7-D7E9B7E52C9A.jpeg
Views: 91
Size:  58.1 KB
    OhMyGlock likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I just shift my buckle over. When I AIWB itís with a loose over garment so the buckle isnít visible anyway.
    OhMyGlock and BIGSAM like this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

VIP Member
    You can just slide the buckle around so that it's out of the way or try something like this:

https://bluealphagear.com/collection...ofile-edc-belt

I wear one of those most of the time now simply because it's so light weight and it works great with AIWB.
    OhMyGlock and BIGSAM like this.
    expat no more

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Honestly I've lost weight and going to a thinner gun than my Glock 19 I need a new belt anyways lol.

That Ares is great but the buckle pushed the end of the belt away from my body.

Thanks guys

I too use a Volund Gearworks belt when I carry AIWB. I also wear it most of the time when I am carrying in other positions.
    OhMyGlock likes this.

Interesting. I had not heard of the G-hook belts; looks like that is a fairly consistent way to fasten a belt without the variation caused by minor weight changes. Still, I don't thing the nylon belt would be that great for other than AIWB carry.
    OhMyGlock likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CG11 View Post
    Interesting. I had not heard of the G-hook belts; looks like that is a fairly consistent way to fasten a belt without the variation caused by minor weight changes. Still, I don't thing the nylon belt would be that great for other than AIWB carry.
    The Volund Gearworks g-hook belt is able to handle all sorts of carry. It provides just as much support as any other 1-1/2" gun belt.
    OhMyGlock and CG11 like this.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!
    "Never mistake motion for action" - Benjamin Franklin
    NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
    NRA Chief Range Safety Officer

Thanks! Ordered a G Hook

My 1-1/2" 5 stitch Instructors Belt is very sturdy, and I can adjust it exactly how tight I want it because there's no belt loops.
    CG11 likes this.
    NRA lifetime member

Flint

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    I just slide the buckle one loop over to the left as Greydude said with a cover garment nobody sees.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

Thanks for the feedback, Flintlock62 and WoodLark. While I am not in the market at present, it's great to have knowledge of other options when I am.

Distinguished Member Array SOS24's Avatar
    As @WoodLark and @flintlock62 have said, nylon gun belts are sturdy enough to support all styles of guns. I have carried a P229 with my Volund Gearworks belt.

Just like with leather belts, nylon belts come in all different styles and sturdiness. The Volind G-hook comes in a slim and regular. The regular is a double layer belt with stiffener inside and just as sturdy as my leather gun belt from a Better Belt. The slim is less stiff, but can still support a smaller or lighter gun.

Sponsored Links