DefensiveCarry Concealed Carry Forum

Appendix carry holster. Which works best for you?

Thread: Appendix carry holster. Which works best for you?

Tags:

eatfire said:

Appendix carry holster. Which works best for you?

I'm considering switching to appendix carry. So far I've bought an Alien Gear Shape Shift Appendix holster. After wearing it for only a short time in the house I'm not impressed. Too bulky and doesn't conceal well under tighter fitting shirts, which I thought the was the big draw for appendix carry. I do realize that drawing from this position is supposed to be faster, and after a little practice it does seem a little faster. I'm just not sold yet. And the gun is pointing at my femoral artery. Anyway after too long of a post I'm curious which holster works best for any of you? By the way I will be carrying a Glock 27 in this holster.

ClevelandB said:
    Vedder light tuck with claw, Or tulster. Depends on which gun your toting.

G26Raven said:
    I own both a Vedder Light Tuck and a JM Custom Kydex. I prefer the JM Custom Kydex. You have more options with how it attaches to your belt. I feel the soft loops on the JM causes it to hang on the belt better, i.e., it does not tilt and it also is more secure.
    Last edited by G26Raven; March 10th, 2019 at 08:18 PM.
    If something is important enough, you will find a way. If it's not, you will find an excuse.

CG11 said:
    Welcome to the forum, eatfire, from California. Glad to have you aboard. I have been experimenting with aiwb carry, and the LightTuck is thus far what works for me with a small to medium sized weapon.
    So who is this Will that everybody fires at, what did he do, and how come he's not dead yet??

Sherlockanubis said:
    Tenicor velo

Raven concealment eidolon

Phlster classic

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

SnoMan97 said:
    I carry a G26 and after trying a bunch of single clip and minimalist design AIWB holsters, I finally found carry bliss with the T-Rex Arm Sidecar. I use the one for the G19 because I feel the extra length (only a 1/2") helps keep the grip from tilting out away from the body.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

eb2007 said:
    For smaller firearms, nothing beats a galco stow and go

For larger ones, nothing beats a JMCK with a wedge.

Your mileage may vary.

rodspade said:
    I use a Black Dog holster with both my LC9s and M&Pm2 compact.
    https://blackdogconcealment.com/prod...ndix-holsters/

PEF said:
    I really like the Black Arch Protos for appendix carry.

https://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...-m-review.html
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -PEF, Refugee from the Island of Misfit Toys

Pete63 said:
    I went with this from Craft Holsters for my Redhawk. Very comfortable, even with the Ruger being a large frame revolver. Price was great also.

Appendix carry holster.  Which works best for you?-100_0084.jpg

Appendix carry holster.  Which works best for you?-100_0083.jpg
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Any Day Now said:
    I typically carry OWB for comfort purposes.

When I do go IWB - I use a Side Guard minimal clip leather holster.

kerberos said:
    NSR and Green Force Tactical for me...

"Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

eatfire said:
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm going to send my Alien Gear back, just doesn't work for me. Nice design, I like the construction just doesn't work like I'd like it to. I do like the Hybrid holsters for comfort, although I've yet to try a full kydex holster so I have no idea if it will be comfortable to me. With the price of most of the holsters mentioned it's a relatively big decision.

Walk Soft said:
    My favorite is the Bladetech Klipt believe it or not. I actually have a JMCK AIWB holster for sale that fits an M&P 2.0 Compact brand new for $70 if anyone is interested.

Militant said:
    I just got this flexible Tier 1 "AGIS" AIWB holster w/magazine carrier in and I'm digging it so far. Give it a try:

HK USP Compact .45 stainless HK USP Compact .40 stainless HK USP Compact .45
    HK USP Compact 9mm HK 45c HK P30 HK P30sk HK VP9 HK VP9sk