I am interested in a multi role ccw bag

This is a discussion on I am interested in a multi role ccw bag within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Before any one jumps the gun and assumes I am referring to off body carry, take a deep breath, exhale, get a mint .... Have ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By LimaCharlie

Thread: I am interested in a multi role ccw bag

VIP Member

Before any one jumps the gun and assumes I am referring to off body carry, take a deep breath, exhale, get a mint .... Have a seat. This is not that post.

Now that that is out of the way, i am looking for a bag that can do several things. I do a lot of photography , and carry a small camera bag pretty much everywhere . However camera bags are not really designed for edc. My current camera bag is a peak design 5l or 10l sling bag. My current edc bag is a Red Rock small back pack . I would like a bag that can reasonably combine with skills, all while remaining discrete. I don't like tacticool. The red Rock is covered in molle loops :(.

For camera gear, I generally carry a small camera body , a speedlight, and a few small lenses ( I shoot primes mostly ), batteries , etc. For ccw gear I would want to carry a few spare mags , a knife , basic first aid stuff , maybe a little advanced kit too, .... And of course all the basic detritus of a edc bag...pen, paper, etc

I know we have photographers here, so if anyone has a suggestion I am all ears :)

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I carry a Nikon camera with one extra 300mm lens and extra batteries, memory cards,etc. and the upper compartment goes basically unused and has plenty of room for what you describe...I think.
    Its a simple sling style backpack and the dividers are held in by Velcro so can be taken out and/or changed for different needs.
    https://www.amazon.com/Neewer-9-8x7-...ateway&sr=8-15

Distinguished Member Array drmordo's Avatar
    If you don't want to buy a dedicated camera bag, I have bought a bunch of bags from LA Police Gear and have been very pleased. They sell many brands, but their LAPG brand bags are good and inexpensive.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drmordo View Post
    If you don't want to buy a dedicated camera bag, I have bought a bunch of bags from LA Police Gear and have been very pleased. They sell many brands, but their LAPG brand bags are good and inexpensive.
    Thats the thing ...i want the best of both worlds...camera pretection with ccw in mind ... i guess i want my cake and ton eat it too
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Distinguished Member
    I use an Eagle Creek waist pack. It holds a DSLR and lenses, iPhone and supplementary battery pack, folding knife, extra batteries, small flashlight, small first aid kit, and extra 9mm magazines, pus a couple granola bars. It has end pockets for water bottles. Product listing at Eagle Creek website.
    USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June ‘66 to February ‘68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

"There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim." General (retired) James Mattis.

I am interested in a multi role ccw bag-diaper-bag.png
    sammeow and Taurahe like this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Sponsored Links